Stone Circle from the outside looking in
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Please allow Amber to post first
It'd been long enough that Day could barely smell his scent on the borders. Guilt ate him up from the inside out, and the road had taken its toll on whatever was left. He looked bedraggled, though not exactly unhealthy. They'd done well enough hunting between the three of them, and Day couldn't help but think it boded well for both the coming winter and the strange, v-shaped relationship he'd found himself in.

"Here's home," he said with a tired sigh as they drew toward the border. Spirits had been higher and tensions lower since their powwow on the beach, but Day still shot Dagfinn a calculating look before lifting his muzzle and calling for @Steady. He knew - or thought he knew - that @Amber would behave for the sake of the pups, but Day still wasn't sure on any given day how Dagfinn would react to anything. The guy was a mystery to him.

"I'm so tired," he said to no one in particular, hoping Steady would not hold them up at the border. Day wanted to get Amber situated in his den and catch some sleep for the last few hours of darkness they had.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber padded between the males, resigned, quiet for most of the way from the coast - she wasn't sure what to expect, how to act, what to say. Even her commanding tone had receded, preferring to let Grayday lead them - he wouldn't do her wrong. 

It was a really long trip, Amber found - he'd warned her, in fairness, but the stop at the coast had been refreshing. It was worth it, even though she was now over halfway through her pregnancy and as fat as a whale. Hunting was harder and harder, but each day that her children grew, each kick to her rib or rub against her spine reminded her that she would be blessed with young in just a few weeks time! 

The obsidian Ciel halted at the flank of her mate, pressing her shoulder to him as nervousness overtook her - what if the alpha didn't like her? What if he turned her away? Sure, Day had said it was all settled, but if there was anything Amber knew it was that nothing stayed the same. Steady could have changed his mind! The only option at that point was going back to Silver Creek: she'd promised Spring she'd come home if all didn't go well here. 

Glancing back at Dagfinn with a shy, worried smile, the Ciel turned her sapphire orbs into the Easthollow territory. It was here the smile faded, replaced again with worry and hope that this would go well. Day's words tickled her ears, and she nodded in agreement, but kept her mouth closed.
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Won't mention Dagfinn just yet since he hasn't posted.

Steady had been getting worried about Grayday. It seemed like forever since the male had left in search of the female he had mated with, and Steady was getting antsy. Had he found her? Had he decided not to come back? Steady didn't think his friend would leave the high and dry without so much as a word, but his mind still raced with the possibilities of what had come to pass.

But, as Grayday's voice rang through the territory, it seemed Steady's wait was over. The howl seemed to have come from the borders, which could mean one of two things. Either Grayday no longer considered himself a pack mate here, or he had someone with him that needed approval to enter the lands. Steady hoped for the second, and he was not disappointed as he came upon the pair. Steady gave the female a quick smile before greeting Grayday with a wagging tail and a nudge to his scruff, obviously happy that his friend had returned. His gaze turned to the stranger. I'm Steady, Alpha here, he said, introducing himself. He shifted his eyes towards Grayday, wondering if he would introduce them, or maybe the female would introduce herself. The dark male assumed quietly this was the one Grayday had mated with, and if she was here, he also assumed she was pregnant. But, in case he was wrong, he didn't think aloud.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

The Laugher
197 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Totally forgot. Gonna throw a Dagfinn post in here and there; feel free to skip him unless someone directly addresses him.
When the dark wolf approached, Dag hovered protectively behind Amber. He was only staying to make sure that his friends would be received well. If he'd been sure that Amber would be okay, he'd still be on the coast with Lotte. But because he was cautious when it came to the dark woman, and because he wanted to be sure he could find her again, Dag had travelled the last stretch of the journey with Day and Amber. He was not sorry that he had; the way was long, and the road had been winding. He was confident now, though, that he would be able to find his way back to them once he'd spent a proper amount of time with his twin.

Seeing that the alpha had missed him, Dagfinn came out of his ready crouch and stepped away from Amber, so that their coats would no longer blend together in the dark. He stayed silent, however, waiting for someone else to make something happen.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Steady!

A yelp so happy it was almost embarrassing escaped the male as his alpha came into sight. Day met the other's nudge whole-heartedly, pushing his nose into the other's fur in turn. It was, in part, to take in whatever information the scent had to offer him (still no Niita or Ezekiel, it seemed, but they'd been joined by someone else), but for the most part, it was simply an honest show of affection.

"I missed you," said Day, with feeling - "This is Amber, the very good and very beautiful mother of my children," he introduced, tongue lolling in a wolfish grin as he showed off his new family. "And this is our friend, Dagfinn - he wanted to walk us home and meet the family," Day explained, purposefully leaving out the full details of the situation. He wanted that to be a private conversation with Steady, if it was to become a conversation at all.
What's Mine is Ours
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Grayday's song was answered swiftly, a male about as dark as Amber herself joining them - his body language told her alpha, and his kind greeting to Day told her friend. Steady's words only confirmed this - she allowed her mate to speak first, greeting his family member and introducing the pair of strangers to this land. 

Amber felt Dagfinn shift from behind her, but her ocean orbs did not stray from Steady - she would not find an easy acceptance in her sister here - and her head was held low. Tail waving in friendliness, grinning and giggling at Day's own view of her, the wide-bellied Ciel introduced herself more throughly.

"Amber Ciel, starwatcher and healer-in-training."
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The nudge was returned, and Steady was happy to feel the familiar touch of friendship from Grayday, hopeful that it meant he was returning home for good. I've missed you, too, he responded genuinely. Movement behind the female caught his attention, and Steady's ears perked, his body momentarily tensing until his eyes adjusted and he took in the now-visible male. The new stranger didn't seem aggressive, but Steady gave Grayday a questioning glance. He was soon answered, for both the male and female.

As the introduction of the female registered, Steady's smile widened as he looked back to Grayday. You're going to be a Dad? he questioned rhetorically. That's great! He was truly happy for the pair, though he couldn't help but question. So, are you all going to be staying? His look was hopeful that at least Grayday and Amber would stay. While he agreed to them coming and going as the packs could handle them, Steady was confident Easthollow would do well with them living here full time. And, if Dagfinn wanted to join, too, Steady knew there was room, seeing as how Itch had disappeared, it seemed. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day glanced briefly toward Dagfinn at Steady's question. He knew that the other male had planned to leave on a trip to see his sister once he'd seen them to the border, and that he didn't plan on joining Easthollow anytime soon. A quick exchange of glances told him that this had not changed.

"No, just me and Amber," Day replied, feeling both relieved and somewhat wistful as he thought of days spent without Dagfinn's constant presence. "I'm sorry we were gone so long; it took me longer than I thought it would to find my way," he added, wanting Steady to know that he hadn't been abandoned. Day had hardly even thought of it, and he hoped Steady hadn't thought too much about it either.
What's Mine is Ours
227 Posts
Ooc —
For right now, there was little attention on her - this was okay with the queenly woman, who only turned her face to smile back at Dagfinn. He wouldn't be joining, no, and as much as that just absolutely hurt, Amber knew it was probably for the best. At least for now, while she and her mate got closer, it would be better for him to visit his sister. 

The night-colored woman stayed quiet, pressing closer into the side of Grayday as she listened to he and the alpha talk. At Steady's excitement, she could not hold back a grin, tail waving behind her as she waited.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
I hope it's alright to fade here! I'm so sorry for holding it up!

Grayday seemed to consider the other male before confirming it would just he and Amber. Steady was a little surprised, but maybe the other male already had a home. His brother then took the time and consideration to apologize for his long absence. Steady quickly shook his head. Don't even worry about it. I'm just glad you're back and okay, he said genuinely. He had been a little worried that something might happen. But, Steady realized he was projecting his fear about Ezekiel and Niita onto Grayday. 

His gaze looked toward the other male, and Steady gave him a friendly smile before turning his attention back to Grayday and Amber. Well, you two are good to go if you want to show Amber around, or rest, or whatever you want, he said with a chuckle. I'll see you both around, he said, before turning and heading back his duties.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Gladly, Day stepped over the borders, ushering Amber along by his side. The two paused to say their goobyes to Dagfinn, but in the end, all three parties were a bit too tired for lengthy farewells.

The dark male went on his way.

Day wanted to show off the territory to Amber and Amber to all his packmates, but that would have to wait until the next day. For now, he simply led her to the Stone Circle, too tired to make the trek all the way to his den. For the last few hours of the night, they slept in peace.
What's Mine is Ours