Cassiopeia's View in my dreams, i am supreme
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
All Welcome 
Though Nathaniel had been more than glad to accept Sebastian's offer to remain with his pack, it was a bittersweet feeling to be back under his younger sibling's lead. He supposed that their age difference was negligible, born half an hour apart at most, but he had always felt superior to his monochromatic brother— a feeling that had almost exclusively to do with him being afflicted by some variation of first-born's syndrome. He left the Fen, a sour taste in his mouth as he thought about his new pack, his family (new and old), and how far they had progressed without him... How stagnant and stubborn he had been his whole life.

The dusky brute padded carefully along the shelves of the View. He was not one for heights, but saw an advantage to it now, wanting to see beyond what level ground allowed him. Upon reaching the highest point he was comfortable with— maybe about halfway up— he reclined to observe the valleys beneath him for a while. Not high enough to view the ocean, which would have been a delight on its own, he found peace overlooking everything he couldn't normally see at once; welcoming the quiet wind-whistling that swirled around him with faint twitches of heedful ears.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
A cool breeze swirled gently atop the ridge lines, making mirrors with one another and dancing in the skies before plunging down into the Autumn-kissed valley. A brute wandered amongst them, padding evenly, sometimes precariously, across each ledge with a careful step. He was used to heights having been raised within the rocky confines of the Keep; bounding from rock to rock without fear and it was no different for  him now. His youth had been a troubling one from birth, yet the Keep had been his sanctuary until it's imminent downfall. A siege of temporary bliss, he thought, and now he was here to seek out a more permanent home.

A figure up ahead caught his attention, large and dark against the pale heavens. A curious twitch of his tassel was to follow his sighting and the Treborn ceased his movements, turning his ambered gaze to scan for any other canids. It seemed he was alone with this newcomer. A quiet chuff was all that escaped his lips as his rear came to meet the mountainside. He wasn't far away, maybe a few metres below the tawny wolf, but still his wariness kept him at bay.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
A soft call from among the sea of grey outcroppings below him drew Nate's eye downward. There was a wolf reclined there, his masculinity betrayed first by his size and conformation before his wafting scent could confirm it. He narrowed his gaze, eyeballing the blaze across the bridge of his muzzle— the only remarkable thing about him presently noted— and then at last he met eyes of amberstone expectantly.

He felt his spine begin to prickle warily in anticipation, and he shifted only slightly to repress his sudden anxiety. Nothing about the stranger seemed threatening, but Nathaniel was intensely aware of something he needed to keep in check— something about himself he'd rather remain unfounded. Still, his current and overwhelming loneliness, as well as an innate desire for social stimulation, kept him from sending the brute away...

It didn't mean he was going to nice about allowing company nearer. "What?" he called down.
i've eaten the sun,

The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
It took little time for the man to notice his presence, unsurprising as he had called out not a moment before. With searchful eyes and a neutral expression, the Treborn watched with mild interest as the darkly tanned stranger's skullage surveyed his body before finally meeting his gaze. Even to a well served legionary such as himself he seemed forboding, a monotone individual that seemed just to cross the line between fear and absolute standstill.

"You seem rather...placid," was all he spoke in reply to the brutes' seemingly harsh query. It was not within his nature to speak loud, fast, or even a lot of words and so his jaw set shut, his molten orbs softening only slightly for the het up man to see.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Without meaning to, his ears fell back, presenting an uncertainty towards the conversation. Maybe the dusk-ridden Rochester hadn't expected anything more— much less something he didn't know immediately how to respond to. His ears pressed forward again, his expression becoming intense as he irrationally thought that this wolf knew. Could he tell? Read his deepest secret like a book? Was his standoffish attitude making it obvious? No... right? He couldn't know... could he?

"Yeah, well... what of it?" Nate wasn't an eloquent man by any means; he couldn't find true affection for anyone besides his brother and sister, and he often had trouble connecting in a meaningful way. All in all, it made for a wolf with poor social skills. Either, that, or he was repressing. He brooded unhappily, trying to relax; trying to rationalize that his attraction was hidden by his blatantly forced unfriendliness.
i've eaten the sun,

The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
Whatever was bothering the brute, the rough Treborn did not know. It was factually known to him that one could not become such a wreck without a cause; after the death of his father his mother had recoiled, sinking into herself and biting back with words as harsh as a claws' edge. His tongue slipped out once more to dampen the short fur that lined his muzzle, perhaps a betrayal of his wavering impulses towards this rather forceful individual. Yet maybe he just needed help, a soul to drive the termite out of his heart.

"You may quit the sulk," he'd rumble, ascending the cliffs to stand beside the other, should he be allowed to venture this close. "If there are troubles niggling at your fur, I can spare my charity to aide you." It was then that he'd recline to lay beside the man, tassel flicking and eyes gentle with true meaning. He could spare some time.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
"I'm not—!" he started, finding the word "sulking" trapped in his throat as the stranger began to ascend the gap between them. His mouth closed haughtily, tail lashing in both irritation and uncertainty as the wolf plaintively offered up his charitable services for Nathaniel's need. He watched, wide-eyed and silent (read: dumbstruck) as he unwittingly allowed the man to recline beside him. He looked down at the prone brute, feeling his heart heaving, pumping rapidly as his imagination began to torture him.

This was wrong.

The way he felt was wrong. He shouldn't feel like this. "I don't have a problem," he insisted, tearing his eyes away, and tensely resuming his vigil over the horizon. "If anything, you're my problem."
i've eaten the sun,

The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
His presence beside the thickly cloaked man was met with brooding hostility and the former legionary almost wanted to recede back into the shadows of the crags and hide from what humility may be thrown at him. Yet, if his time as a youthful spirit had thought him anything, it was to appear steadfast and to leave submission for the counterpart. So, I nstead of lashing back at the brute with a biting retort, Aurlious would reply quietly with: "Do not speak to me like that, please," as he held the sea foam gaze of the other.

He watched with an unwavering expression as the sir's great skullage turned to resume his post of watch guard over the vale. "I have done nothing but offer you peace with my company," he would argue, tone perhaps a little forceful as he remained seated. "I at least st deserve to know your calling," was his final request, shifting his paws as he readied himself for the likely haughty reply.
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
His irrational ire— at both himself and the stranger— became sodden by the soft demand; a natural soothing to his violent tendencies that he wasn't expecting. He felt like an eternity went by before he had to break the eye contact, relenting as apology. The Rochester could find nothing interesting in the valley below. He saw no movement of prey, or a would-be companion of the man beside him. The broad wolf swallowed, loosening his spine so that he sat more naturally; an ear flicked towards his earthy company.

"Nate," he said after a while, voice clipped as he was yet undecided on which tone to use. "And so now what? I guess you're gonna—" he started rather harshly, before sighing and clearing his throat. He turned his face to the man, and amended quietly: "...what's your name?"
i've eaten the sun,

The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
He had won. It took a long while of shifting, relaxing, even a few stinging words before the swarthy brute relented and the Treborn offered him a taught smile in response. Somewhere within his guarded self something twisted; a piteous sense of longing that tugged like antlers at his heartstrings. The urge to reach over and praise, to comfort his company was almost overpowering but the warrior forced it down with a few awkward twitches, blinking furiously as if to distract himself. It wasn't often he felt like this. Strange. Abnormal. With a few insisting swallows, he let himself relax into the cliffside as he made to answer the man's gentle , and quietly amended, request.

"It is nice to finally have a name to place to a face, Nate," he'd reply, tassel swishing gently. "I'm Aurelius. Some call me The Hunter, others 'that Treborn.' You can choose as you please; I do not mind." It seemed the atmosphere surrounding the two had lost the majority of its tension and so he made to question the other, all the while keeping his tone polite and his words true and unwavering. "Are you passing through? A traveller? Or of a differing purpose?"
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
His shoulders hurt from having been so tense before. Relenting felt like relief, and though he was incredibly self-conscious, he found it easier to be in that moment when he didn't look directly at his company. He placidly listened to the list of given names, unable to decide on which one he would use until he turned pale eyes on him, and thought:

Aurelius.

He stared for an overlong moment, finally allowing himself to study other things about the man's face besides his blazing muzzle and sorrel-amber eyes. This wolf, despite his friendly countenance, had seen his fair share of fights— not unlike himself. Though he was almost sure Aurelius' battles had been ones of honor, while his own fights had always been mere reckless throws of his own life. "I'm just looking around," he said, peering back out over the View. "I'm from the Fen, down there," he added without meaning to, accompanying the confession with a small jerk of his muzzle in his pack's general direction.

"I'm guessing you're just up here looking to offer peace and company," he dryly accused, perhaps to even out his sudden subdued behavior before. Couldn't have wolves thinking he was nice, after all...
i've eaten the sun,

The Seeker
28 Posts
Ooc — Olivia
He did not find the eye contact awkward, nor of any offence to his guarded self and he listened placidly as no longer anonymous counterpart stated his business here atop the summits. The fact that he belonged to a guild intrigued the man greatly and, had he not had his eyes on the majestic peak not far from these turrets, he would've queried more about the so called 'Fen' that Nate stated to reside within.

"I'm not build for moor running," he'd comment as his gaze followed the pointing of the others snout. The keep had been a rocky sanctuary so alas, the hunter had never set paw upon rolling hills in the way his swift cousins may have done.

The brute then went on to string out his own wants for trudging up the ridges. His tone was edged with the slight saltiness he'd had before, yet the Treborn wasn't surprised. Many could not rid themselves of their sharp tongue, no matter what the coaxing. "You mock me," he sighed, a hint of amusement dusting the general bass of his words. Perhaps having a little bit of sass was an asset; Aurelius wondered if perhaps he was too quiet, a stab of jealousy that he couldn't help but arise. "I am, in fact, scouting for a mountainous home. With winter mere weeks away, I will be offered more shelter amongst the peaks than the Fens you claim to reside on."