Cedar Sweep jewel
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
All Welcome 
it was here that she came to breathe and to remember, and to grieve. molech would not fault her for the tears that fell when eshamun lay alone, nor the shame she felt over her milk-filled teats, swollen and aching to give suck to her dead children. she knew that this malady would pass, but for now she smelled often of sweet things and the salt of her agony. 

in the evening, eshamun departed with a quiet word to whoever was near, moving into the embrace of the fragrant trees. she was quiet in their shadows, calmed by the gentle breeze that whispered though the autumn-touched branches, and for a moment the canaanite found a raw sort of contentment.

[Image: animated-flame.gif]
the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
being vague about his acceptance into donnelaith -- but van needed a ebony in her life

Flaris drifted without aim; an earth-colored, earth-bound creature following the whims of the wind and the trickling streams. He found himself, as he usually did, in an unfamiliar place that didn't at all make him feel at all out of sorts. The woodling could belong anywhere— he could find beauty in all things, and he could find comfort in hardship. Skirting between clusters of pack scents, he bled finally into the shaded embrace of a quiet and unclaimed grove— where he would rest for the night. And it did not take him long to catch a very fleeting glimpse of a soft, forest naiad among the burly tree trunks surrounding them. He followed eagerly, but slow, unsure if he had even seen her at all.
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
VANVAN <3

it came to pass that eshamun grew aware she was being followed, but did not turn to spot the one who trailed her -- not yet. she walked in silence, masking her awareness, and raising her voice in a pithy little song taught to canaanite children, in the tongue of that place. thus pleased by her own amusing ditty, eshamun murmured aloud, "you need have no fear of me. come forth, and let me look upon you." this was said as she continued to walk, her paws finding tread among the soft emerald grasses.

the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
He followed her in reverent steps, coming to behold the red canine and all the features of her that made her unique. Flaris thought at first she might be a brilliantly colored coyote— though as he came to tread alongside the drifting queen, he was left with the distinct impression that she was something other. Her scent too, was inebriating, and he kept his lank body as buoyant as possible so that he might linger near her. "I am Flaris, madame. Might I keep your company this evening— this hour?"
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
the man came, and eshamun drank in the sight of him. he was the third man with whom she had interacted, but the most striking, and she was unashamed by her rapture. "i am eshamun," she answered simply after a moment had passed. he was charming, unassuming. "you may." she wondered what he wished of her, but decided she was not so foolish; how could he be drawn to her, scented with milk and surely the lingering scent of birth as she was.

the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
"Eshamun— I'm delighted," the kind wolf offered of her acceptance, carefully pacing himself beside her while simultaneously needing to ignore his more affectionate whims— such whims that bade him to display his fondness through physical touch. Fortunately, however, Flaris valued his manners even more than he craved bodily closeness. "Have you traveled far this night?" he asked her quietly; his ears pressed forward in anticipation. Her scent had him paying a high amount of attention to her, for though he tended to give his undivided attention to present company, he did not often feel reluctant to at least turn his eyes away.

It took him a long while to realize that it was her scent training him to her. She smelled like his mother had in the month following the birth of his younger siblings. And his fascination with caring for children extended unscrupulously to their mothers, making the scent of pregnancy (pre- or post-) serve him as catnip did felines.
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
"not far," eshamun rejoined, basking somewhat in the intent, singular focus of his attention. he was the first to pay her such strong court; perhaps she would reward him, but considered that she might not be healed. her mind veered from that subject; tonight would be one of avoiding such thoughts, and perhaps one of pleasure, if this man was to be accepted. "and yourself, flaris?" eshamun murmured, turning the pointedness of her emerald gaze upon him. surely he would avoid her once he realized that the woman before him was not untouched.

the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
Courtly and ethereal, she did not watch him using the same keenness with which he used to look at her, but when at last she did turn her jade eyes upon him, he was glad to see that it was not with disinterest. "Quite far," he felt, so answered truthfully. "And I hadn't a destination, so what do you make of my finding you?" Beneath the stars that are surely your true home.
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun at last let her eyes feast upon him, her gaze roving over the finely hewn features and the robust colours of his pelt, the muscles that rippled beneath its surface; ye, even unto the very refraction of light against his pupils. she was not ashamed of her interest; it was plain in the way she looked upon flaris, and when she had satisfied her eyes, a small bow curved her mouth. "you were drawn by my scent, i imagine, though it is not one of lust." here a brow arched; it was merely an assumption, but was it one of truth?

the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
"That isn't entirely true, I'm afraid," he admitted to her freely, a small chuckle passing his lips. "Most things I do are in lust, and seeking you beneath the stars tonight has so far not been an exception." His mouth had pulled into an immaculate grin, attempting to rival the petal-soft curve of her own lips. "But I come to you with no intent, my lady Eshamun," he thought to add in case she worried his cravings dictated him. He thought her to be a new mother, at any rate, so despite his attraction, he didn't hold any ideas for her in a physical sense. "My lasciviousness is well checked, I assure you."
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
"mm," eshamun purled beneath her breath, appreciating the eloquence of his voice, and the formation of his words. strangely, she found in herself a brief offense that he had checked his desires in her presence, but sent away the feeling. she reeked of milk and of infant things; she was not desirable. that would not cause her to forego his company. "tell me of yourself, flaris. i would hear you speak again," eshamun murmured, her eyes glowing with the intrigue she had for the gentleman who traveled alongside her.

the man in the moon
43 Posts
Ooc —
"If it would please my lady," he agreed with a sweeping incline of his muzzle, before taking a quick breath. "I am the humble son of a Duke. A curious bird come pecking from the ancient pines that encircle The Monarchy. Or rather, the ranks of my birthplace; a court, a civilization... sustaining the lives of over fifty wolves upon a mountain perhaps too great for thine eyes to conceive. I mean, if you must compare it to these." He smiled, branding an ear in the direction of the distant mountain range. None of those rocks impressed him. They were all so bare and forlorn— not vibrant like: "the kingdom of Bergamount. I take great pride in where I'm from, but a life spent there would have been a life yet wasted. For I am not a creature of habit, and I seek to taste all that the world has to offer."

His voice quieted, losing the warm fervor it had taken when speaking of his desires; and he set his glowing gaze upon her, purring quietly: "and what of you?"
205 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Historian
eshamun listened, meeting his strides with her own. his words flowed through her ears and she found herself nodding, smiling at the man alongside her. she had asked for the sound of his voice, and he had provided her a rich banquet indeed. "i am from the hotlands, over which the sun burns red and yellow. there we live harmoniously, and worship the great one, molech. we are the malkaria;" she sighed the name of her people.

"we are led by women, such as myself, and priestesses, like my sister. our men tend our children and stay within our borders. we go out to hunt and to forage, to guard our lands, and we seek lovers to father our cubs. each year, one or two may be given back to molech at birth, so that molech may grant us favour in the new year. it is our way, and now it is my way."