Sleeping Dragon the weight of this combination
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
All Welcome 
I need a new thread with a bunch of people so I'm going to tag for visibility but I would like no more than two to pop in. Once this has one or two members, I'll start another! :) Could be a good mercenary (maybe even hunter) thread! @Eske @Thyri @Hush @Dio @Rosalyn @Goliath @Tanja.
No one else please!

There is a new pep in his step as he wakes and begins each day. It has been announced by howl the relationship advancing between himself and Gyda but he knew nothing is really going to change. He still went to the cave each night and greeted his family, but Gyda simply got a little more attention now that their relationship has been defined. And it gives him an out should Thuringwethil or Wildfire approach him about children again, for his union had been solidified when Gyda asked for his paw in marriage.

His day to day still does not differ, however, and he spends just as much time on the borders. Some of his time is spent more with Gyda, of course, as they fall in line with the same job, but he is still there and passing others by. It is only when a rustle catches his attention on the western border and he turns to see a scrawny looking canine rummaging around a little too close. While most creatures have free range when it comes to their territory—rodents, birds, etc—coyotes most certainly are not welcome.

His fur bristles and his teeth show, though the little creature doesn't run off right away and he charges forward with his own clashing of teeth.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
a quick lil thing to get in here but,
His timing was evidently good today, as Dio'd been rounding along the south when he began to approach the scene in which Gavriel had encountered the coyote far too close for comfort. The wocha's ears swung forward, nose quivering, and quickly, he moved up to a faster pace to close the last stretch of space the second anything seemed amiss on these borderlands -- where he'd been almost exclusively. When scents lined up to the sight of it all, his hackles rose stiff and now he knew precisely what the target would be.

While outright stealth may never be his greatest asset, he lunged for the smaller canine hopefully with the element of surprise on his side. He did not know if it would turn to run before he could make it all the way there, or if Gavriel may even get a hold on it before him, but he moved upon it teeth first and without hesitation.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
!!!!

Roz had actually been looking for Dio when the sounds of an impending fight reached her ears and caused her to pick up her pace.  While she wasn't one to throw herself into bodily harm, when she saw it was a coyote, she grinned eagerly.  Oh hell yeah.  Filthy buggers were fun to chase off, at least the ones back home had been.  

Her packmates had it handled, she was sure, but she joined in the fun anyway.  She took off towards it with an eager and aggressive bark.  Likely it would get the message - if it stuck around, the fight would be three on one.  She was feeling better and a little eager for a fight, honestly.  She hoped it tried its luck.
A meaningful silence is better than meaningless words.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He heard the half-familiar yips of a coyote, and bristled. He had been raised by his mother, a wolf, rather than his father, a coyote, or at least half one. He had been taught to hate them, and yet he could not deny a kind of kinship with them. But he was only a quarter coyote, not half like most coywolves, and he still had his job as a member of the pack.

Hush saw no need to throw himself into the fray, already seeing that the fight was 3 against 1, but he trailed after the throng, ready to pounce in and attack if the coyote escaped their grasp, and kept an eye out for others.
Trades:
Guardian (0/10) — Ranger (0/10)
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
I didn't think a coyote would stay to fight 3-to-1, buuuut maybe a little funny/spar?

It does not take long for Gavriel to receive company, however, he does not focus on them as all his attention is given to the coyote pest at the borders. He does not stay long as the other close in and snapping teeth are brought upon him but he manages to slip away with a speed down the mountain the the brute can’t run with a safe speed. He manages a little ways, with his companions on his heels, before he turns back toward them with satisfaction. As much as his teeth thrived for blood, he is confident the creature wouldn’t return any time soon.

Gavriel watches as it retreats before he turns back to look and see whom had come to his aid. While the threat of a coyote didn’t require three against one and had ended rather suddenly, he felt the wave of adrenaline still in his system. His fur still bristled as he looks upon his crew. His eyes for land to Dio, the newly appointed Wocha, as he feels a little tension build in his shoulders. With Tanja new to their territory, he can’t help but think the others might return, and what that meant for Dio was rather unknown and a little concerning.

The other two, one he barely recognizes from the meeting and Hush, get the rest of his attention as he returns back to their company.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Others are quick to join in even after his arrival. Rosalyn had gone for a charge as well, Hush hung at the ready, and Gavriel rallied the creature first and foremost with his support.Together they fell into a certain sort of succession that had the coyote fleeing before too much longer -- for it did seem it wished to preserve its life, instead of fight off all three (and potentially a fourth) wolves. With the thrill of the chase still singing in his blood, it was not easy to fall back when appropriate. But, he does with a quick sigh while he slows up and watches the coyote disappear from sight entirely with a stern stare.

The scent of it still lingers and he does have to wonder if more could be lurking nearby. However, his attentions are quickly gathered up by Gavriel, and while the shifts are subtle, Dio adjusted his own stance to be squared -- all ready, prepared to rise, react, and learn alike while his tail tip curled upward. The disappointment of no coyote fight is sure to fade faster now, he realizes. Fleetingly, he glanced towards the others just to see where they were precisely before settling with invitation in his eyes, with his muscles poised to spring.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
sorry guys! Rush reply

The coyote (regrettably) rethought its life choices and booked it, but it seemed the fun might not end there.  Her companions seemed to still be thinking about a bout, and Roz considered a moment before giving a small shrug.  She could probably use the practice.

She shifted slightly away from the others, squaring herself and waiting for a move.  She wasn't sure how they'd proceed but she was willing to take part.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The coyote quickly fled, nary a speck of bloodshed. Already Hush could feel the disappointment rolling off of the wolves — Gavriel, Dio, Rosalyn — as they reassessed the situation. They wanted to fight. Gavriel especially, it seemed, as the male squared up Dio. Hush blinked in surprise, unsure what to do now with the threat gone. He had no words to placate them, nor did he want to throw himself in between them. Like Rosalyn he held back, slightly nervous as to how far their adrenline would push them.
Trades:
Note: Hush cannot form words. He can, however, chuff, snarl, bark, and make a yodel-like howl.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
I don't know what I meant when I said "a little funny/" ?? I feel like autocorrect did that and I can't imagine what it would have been LMAO. also sry I don't really know what I am doing? >>;

The last time he’d really engaged in an fight had been with the grotto wolf with Toxochelys. His training has been few and far between and, with Dio as their Wocha, he knows they need to work well together. As much as Gavriel had to get used to it, it is likely the other does too and if he can be of some help, he’ll make an effort. He notices Hush back away and Rosalyn as well, but not as much, so his head swings to the wolf in charge with a smirk adorning his features.

Perhaps Dio would want to chase after the coyote and find others that might be near but he doesn’t suspect so. Instead, one paw thumps forward while his teeth show, his own fur bristling just a little more. Slowly, Gavriel begins a circle as he slinks, egging on the leader with a whip of his tail before it stills.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
you can pp him a bit if u wanna because i'm just grossly vague so ~shrugs~
Gavriel holds his attention well, sparing some quick glances past him as the others begin to ease back. He quirks his own brow and it's as good as settled then with that motion for him. The coyotes aren't going to be wise to creep around, but he wants to keep himself limber; it's been a long time since he's had a good spar and Gavriel is a more than suitable wolf for it.

He replies with a quick rumble and had already begun to shift his stance more and more with every slow flick to his tail. Gavriel's lure was then cast, and Dio knows his speed is best in an explosive burst. The wocha only lets him circle a bit before he arcs onto him with a surging lunge, all teeth first and aiming to introduce this with a snapping jaw-spar head on.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
feel free to skip her unless she's brought in!

Rosalyn had tensed, but she wasn't to be the target.  Instead Gavriel faced off with Dio, and the two began to circle and snap.

She gave them a bit of a berth, but kept her eyes on them, knowing there was as much good in watching as there was in participating.  She could learn, not only what to do, but what her packmates did as well.  Strengths; weaknesses.  Perhaps not a great thought, but she had learned the hard way it was a good knowledge to have.
255 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Dio and Gavriel squared off; it was far from an anger fueled spat, but Hush was wary nonetheless. He looked to Rosalyn, wondering what she thought of the spar between them. Would she want to spar as well? He cocked his head towards her, stealing glances towards the two fighters as they circled each other.
Trades:
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
I'm really rusty with fights so bear with me? haha also sorry to cut this short but i really need to move gavriel off

Dio takes the bait and it isn’t long before he’s charged. Their distance isn’t terribly far so Gavriel braces himself while he snarls, losing the threat halfway once the air is knocked out of him. He doesn’t hit the ground but he does stammer back a few times; the tufts of fur and prick of his skin from his shoulder go unnoticed as adrenaline surges through him. Gavriel attempts to snap back at places that are not vital: his shoulder, legs, elbows, wherever he can reach as she shoves himself back in the fray.  They spar for a time before they open it up to the other two, throwing their weight around until they part ways.