Ankyra Sound Wake up call
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
All Welcome 
Weigh-hay an' up she rises! Weigh-hay an' up she rises! Weigh-hay an' up she rises early in t'mornin'!

Maude was up early, just as the sun rose, her breath thick in the air, raucously singing like the seagulls she despised, no doubt waking up any of her packmates as she wandered through the tunnels, trying her find her way out into the sandy shores. It seemed strange that, after mourning Caiaphas' disappearance she would be proudly cawing her way through the Sound. But she had to move on. They all had to.

Wot will we do wit' a drunken sailor? Wot will we do wit' a drunken sailor? Wot will we do wit' a drunken sailor early in t'mornin'?
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
He woke up to a god awful noise. It screeched and he screeched back in his own agony, attempting to bury his ears between his paws and into the dirt. Anything to get rid of the yowling atrocity from reaching his ears. It didn't work, and for quite some while he considered drowning himself in the crystaline waters that bordered on his new home, but figured even then he would probabaly not escape the strangled sound of a hundred flabby seals simutaniously dying of cholera. When his patenice extended his limit, the boy seen no other option than to confront the demon itself, assuming that no natural thing on the entire earth could create such a horrendous noise; but a packmate he was bound to meet. 

“Would you shut it?! The boy scowled, practically spitting as he stomped up to the creature who dared make a sound as inhumane as that. It didn't take any effort to locate the source; it's bellowing call had radiated from the coast to the mainland surpisingly clear. Who did they think they were? In that moment, he hardly cared who they were, nor of their rank but that it seemed to insist on bursting everyones ear drums within the two mile radius. Despite as early as it was, it was not the sleep deprivation that had him on edge but the fact he found no comfort sleeping alone, as no matter where he slept, he had always been surrounded by others. The adjustment to a lone lifestyle was one he found hard to adapt to, especially since having to be on the move for the past few weeks. Yet, if it was one thing that would surely put him to sleep in the form of passing out, it was the sound of nails on a chalkboard that to him; came in the form of a particular person singing
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Put 'em in t'brig until 'e's sober, put 'em in t'brig until 'e's sober, put 'em in t'brig until 'e's sober, early in t'mornin'!

She continued her sea shanty, cawing over the roaring waves, undisturbed by the thought of awaking another. They needed to wake up anyway; winter was coming, and they were few. They needed to hunt and prepare.

But the new boy didn't get that. He emerged, snarling from his den, snapping at Maude. The Beta paused, her eyes wide as she stared at him with surprise. She cackled then, at his ignorance. The wench strode towards him, a smirk stretching wide her face. Ain't yew new? She chuckled. Shouldn't be tellin' anyone wot t'do, even if dey's annoyin' yew. Maude raised her head over him, her head canting to the side. Wot's yer name, kid?

i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
“So?” His brow furrowed accusationally, as if his noobness would in some way affect his place within Saltwinter. Yet, she did give him something to think about. “oh”​ His eyes looked away, for never before had he actually been corrected in such a way. Sure, Peregrine had scolded him more than once, but most of the time with a follow up joke or random glib to lighten the matter. Perhaps it was the very newness within the coastline pack that made him mentally take back is snarky attitude; his chances of getting kicked out now were much higher than being familiar with the pack as a whole. Yet, it bothered him as well. If someone was clearly being obnoxious and obviously didn't know such a horrible quality about themselves, he figured it was best to let them know. A grummble of adolecent defiance under his breath and a quick roll of the eyes was enough to keep his budding explosive emotions in check before he snapped one too much and was thrown from the very pack the yodeling sea-wench led. 

“Jackrabbit” He instinctively replied, though would have much prefered his name gone unoticed in the event he said something rude and was reported back to Kjalarr. Nevertheless, in the face of uncertianty, he had learned to return it with the same uncertianty given; commonly mistaken as "backtalk". “Whats it to you?” Optics narrowed almost accusationally though the intent to return the annoying favor was present in his mind. Clearly, the woman would have to be bothered enough times and at Jackrabbit's severity, for her to realize that her bothersome factors would need to be corrected. Where he thought he could get off fixing the Beta, he would never know, nor would he ever care. Little had been taught to the boy about certian things called manners, therefore, the thought of it never crossed his mind.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She was constantly trying to make sure her position as Beta was not given to her without reasons. With the disappearance of Caiaphas and the constant undermining smirks and stupid pompous accent of Ondine, she felt even more pressured to do so. It was easier with a newer and younger member like Jackrabbit...

Who the hell named their child after a piece of prey? Are you serious? She bit back a laugh at the name, countering with her own. Maude, She said, her tail wagging behind her. It matter t'me cuz I'm Beta,

i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
Beta“hM,” The boy turned away wide eyed. She was the Beta? No no no no, no. Mixed emotions flowed through him as he hastily and awkwardly turned his back to her. And suddenly, he wasn't sure he felt safe and protected within Saltwinter. She was clearly off her rocker, smelt like salted fish, and held that horrible, un-understandable accent on top of singing like a bat sent from hell to personally torment his existence. Yet, perhaps he was over exaggerating. He hardly knew her, after all. If she was the Beta, she had to have at least some agreeable qualities, right? Unknown to himself, he was actually turned away from her, murmuring these thoughts to himself as he debated on returning to the conversation. Once he did, he immediately regretted it. Staring frozen into the eyes of the mangy sea-witch, the uneasy feeling returned. His mouth stood ajar as he struggled to avert his gaze from her looming, entrancive eyes. “So,”​ 
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She blinked with confusion as the boy abruptly turned, his back to her. Her head tilted as she mouthed like a fish for a moment, Wot? She prodded him with her nose, 'cuse me? She could hear him muttering to himself; Maude shook her head in annoyance. What the hell was this kid thinking? He turned back eventually, his acknowledgement of his mistake palpable. Soooooo, yew gon' 'plain wot 'appened dere, mate?

i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
He didn't want to stick around. He was extremely uncomfortable. She looked like she could stab him at any given time. A blank look settled on his face, and he broke from her soul-searching eyes. "Nope," Was all he gave before turning around and running at a casual lope. Jackrabbit hoped he never had to see her again. She was terrifying.