Stone Circle Pour me one for the road
7 Posts
Ooc — Syl
Joining 
Raw paws trot their way across the meadow making up Easthollow's territory, their lethargic limping juxtapositioned with the autumnal beauty of the wildflower-laden moor. The lanky body carried by these nimble paws swayed, tired and overexerted from a whole day spent travelling in search of a new home. The Teekon Wilds were a new sight to see for the wolf known as Asbjørn, whom had grown up far away from these lands. As he padded onwards he thought of his old pack and knew that although him and his littermates had shared pleasant memories growing up, it was time for him to leave the nest and create a life of his own.

Tired navy eyes glanced upwards towards the horizon as the scents of strangers flooded Asbjørn's senses, bringing about a sudden, sharp pang of anxiousness and regret. He was bound to be discovered here; it seemed that this territory had already been claimed, judging by the potent smells of other wolves nearby. Asbjørn was a cowardly thing, and feared the potential to meet aggressively dominant strangers who perhaps wouldn't be as accomodating as others. His body was thankful, however; perhaps he'd finally be able to get a good night's rest with the luxury of a pack to protect him from the dangers of the world.

Asbjørn, panting now, perked his ears and narrowed his eyes, spotting what appeared to be a circular structure composed of columns of ragged rock. Having noticed that wafts of potent wolf smell was coming from that general direction, Asbjørn hesitantly continued onwards, tongue lolling out from thirst. He knew that he was bound to be approached soon enough by a resident of these moorlands, and dreaded that greatly.
[Image: naturalist.gif] - 0/5
[Image: outrider.gif] - 0/5
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The new mother felt a protective urge pull her in the direction of an unfamilar shape and scent heading for the Stone Circle. It was late for her to be out now that she had pups, but it was in protection of Sunny and Dawn that she launched herself forward, tail curled over her rump and hackles ablaze; a feral snarl ripped through her throat in warning, and as she cantered his way, she resisted the urge to attack on sight and teach the lanky boy manners about borders. Instead, she would throw herself forward, slowing early and striding her way up into his personal bubble without a second thought -- she might not be of a high rank here, but while she was the only Easthollow wolf here, she sure would act it.

"The fuck do you think you're doing past the borders, boy? Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?"
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been at Stone Circle, but it wasn't until snarls reached his ears that He was alerted to the presence of a trespasser. He was up and trotting towards Amber and the stranger immediately, his tail raised over his back, his hackles raised, and his ears pressed forward. 

He growled as he came to stand beside her, a clear sign he was on her side. But, he didn't give a damn what this stranger wanted. He wasn't a member of their family and that's all that mattered right now. Get out of my packlands. Now, he warned. If it wasn't for Amber's presence, Steady would have attacked without question. But, he did not want her to fear him like so many others did. He didnt want one more wolf to look at him like a monster. So, he controlled his instinct to attack.
7 Posts
Ooc — Syl
Asbjørn's ears flattened themselves against his head bashfully as an ebony-furred wolf lurched towards him without any hesitation. He backed up half from surprise and half from fright, back legs kicking him backwards and scratching at the shreds of meadow grass beneath them. "I-" he began with a whimper, lowering his head submissively towards the Easthollow pack member. Navy eyes looked up at Amber with obvious fear glimmering within them.

Asbjørn's maw snapped shut with a yip before he could explain himself, cut off by an aggressive-looking male wolf warning him with a growl. The bony wolf, overwhelmed, felt his heart thump within his chest with adrenhalin. How stupid was he, strolling into an obviously claimed territory? "Ah - of course. Please don't hurt me, I don't, uh - I don't mean any harm. I'm just passing through, looking for a place to stay, possibly to live." Asbjørn obediently lowered himself and began to back away from the two protective canines, looking like a submissive and lanky sack of bones.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Even as he backed away from her, Amber pressed forward, growling softly deep in her chest with every intent to run him out of the borders -- but it was Steady who called her attention as he growled and stood supportively at her side. Though she didn't back away, her tail lowered to just beneath the Alphas; it was the only change in her highly aggressive posture, and another growl sounded from her throat at the strangers words.

"If your smelling isn't good enough to find a border, what other skills can you possess?"

Her tone was sharp and cold, unrelenting as her paws stilled. Of course it was Steady's call of what happened here, and Amber flicked her sapphire gaze momentarily to the other ebony wolf in question -- she was ready to attack the bag of bones or back away at the alpha's command, and she licked her chops in anticipation as she awaited his decision.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The male clearly turned submissive, and began to back away. Steady matched Amber's movements, step for step. He didn't bother to hold back the growl at the male's reasonings behind being in the territory. No one simply passes through someone else's territory, unless invited, he retorted. And they certainly do not then ask to stay, he added. Was this male really so absent-minded that he thought it was okay to simply waltz into a claimed territory belonging to strangers?

He didn't care to know any other skills, as the ones demonstrated now would outweigh any good this male could do, especially seeing as how they had medics and hunters. While Steady would have gladly brought in a Warrior, he would not trust this male enough to have his back in fight. None, Steady answered Amber, his gaze not moving from the intruder. I'll give you no more warnings. Leave, or the only place you will be living is in the bellies of my family, he growled out. Steady would not allow him to live if he stayed where he was. The only way the male was leaving with his life was if he left immediately. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

7 Posts
Ooc — Syl
This thread can be archived now? :)
Asbjørn stayed quiet when Amber questioned his usefulness, eyes narrowing subtlely to show his distaste for her snarky attitude. He felt anger well up inside of him, but stifled back the emotions, knowing that even the smallest shred of fury towards the two may result in his death. He was mad at himself, too; mad for his delirious state of mind and mad that he'd trespassed onto the territory that perhaps he'd been able to join had he not been so foolish. Asbjørn supposed he would just have to keep looking for a home.

When Steady threatened to attack, Asbjørn took it as his sign to disappear and clambered back onto his nimble paws. His eyes, tired yet emotive, took once last glance at the two Easthollow wolves before the canine turned and fled. Raw, bloodied paws leapt furiously across the moorland, refusing to look back at the place where he'd been refused entry.
227 Posts
Ooc —
The boy but narrowed his eyes at first, and though slight, Amber curled back a lip to sneer at him: perhaps she'd have acted differently had she not pups closeby, but there was nothing to change now. Steady's reply to her question rang in her ears, and the Ciel gave a nod of understanding. She didn't back up his words with her voice, but another snarl pulled slowly from her lips in agreement. 

The stranger got to his paws, and though Amber allowed this willingly, his last glance was not recieved as well. Her next snarl morphed into a viscious roar as she charged him, but the bag of bones was already hightailing it away from the circle. Intent to follow him to the borders, but no further, the ebony-furred woman sent a few last good-measure strikes towards his tail and flank, but she was much, much too far to land any of them. He would get the point. Amber didn't think of how Steady might react to this, but thinking about his previous threats to Asbjorn, she didn't think anything of it. If this is what it took to keep her kids, her mate, her pack safe, then she'd rip into him without another thought. 
Strange, what motherhood did to a woman. 

Ill leave it to @Steady if he wants to reply or archive :3
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady didn't miss the narrowed eyes pointed at Amber, and he growled in unison with his pack mate. It gave Steady affirmation that this male was not innocent, and therefore Steady would not believe a word he said. He wasn't sure of the real reason he was here, but the thought occured to him that maybe this male was the one who killed Althaia, and maybe he had come back for her pups. There was no way he would get anywhere near them.

The male turned and Amber lunged after him. Steady was right beside her, his jaws snapping a warning into the air by the stranger that if he didn't run quickly, he'd never run again.

The pair chased him to the borders, at which point they went no further. Steady thought about following him, but he didn't want to leave the pack unprotected. So, this time, the male would live through this encounter.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.