Stone Circle dancin's what clears my soul
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
The days had been turbulent, with a lot of moving and chaos around him. @Keoni had taken a liking to @Valette , but @Steady provided them with shelter that they stayed in for the moment. A crash course weaning was necessary too, for their mother could provide them no more milk so regurgitated meat was all they could have. Nikai missed her, but he was with wolves that he knew and, being a helpless child, instinctively trusted as well as unburdened his caretakers so they could take care of him best, so he continued to be the relatively easy child he had been thus far. Soft-spoken and docile, but overall average. The white speckles had expanded, now clearly marking his eyes with a circle of white, as well as his chin. He was perhaps average in behaviour, though certainly not in appearance.

First words came at a time that should have been shared by loving parents, but was instead shared with his only sister. He didn't know where @Witchhazel had gone, but he knew she was no longer here. He missed her and mama, but Nikai didn't seem to show overly much. Perhaps it was because he was in the presence of a caring pack, or perhaps because he had been through so much upset and moving in his young life already so that he had adapted more easily. Whatever the case, he was happy enough living with Steady for now, too little to grasp the gravity of everything. The boy was an eager learner and today he was busy practising his howls. With a high-pitched "Awoooo!" he sat and stared at the sunset, determined to learn to howl just as good as the adults he heard now and then.
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
Philos was walking around Easthollow's territory like he did most days. He was a rather passive member of the pack, not really contributing much other then spending time with some of the younger members and participating in pack activities. At times he felt bad that he wasn't contributing as much as he could have been but didn't really know what to do. 

On his walk he began to hear a noise, a faint "woo"ing noise. He followed it and began to see a younge pup appearing to only be a few months old. He faintly remembered seeing this pup before at the pack celebration. It was one of Althaia's children. Philos wasn't up to date on the females status and assumed this pup was out and about just like Witch had been when Philos first meet her. 

He walked up to the pup who appeared to be practicing his howling skills to say hello. "You're pretty good." he complimented the pup. He remembered how Witch didn't understand most of what he had said to her and hoped this pup knew a bit more vocabulary.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Just a cameo unless he is needed! Feel free to skip me!

While Steady had done his best to keep up with patrols, he had shortened them by a large percentage. When he wasn't securing the borders, he was at the den site, looking after Nikai and Keoni. Now was no different. He let them explore the area as they wished, but always kept a close eye on them. His ears swiveled as the male tried out his howling voice. While some might have thought it annoying, Steady welcomed it. For one, if the boy was loud, it was easy to keep track of him with his ears while Steady rested his eyes. For two, he was glad it seemed the loss of their mother wasn't affecting them to a scary degree. Some moments he wondered if they really understood that their mother wasn't coming back.

At the sound of paw steps, Steady raised his head, as well as his hackles. But, upon seeing Rickon, he smoothed them, and softened his gaze towards the male. Steady could take a guess at the what his pack brother did most of the time, which may have not been much. But, he caused no trouble, and didn't seem to make others work for him. So, Steady wasn't very worried about it. Maybe if he didn't have the young ones to take up so much of his time and thoughts, it would be different. 

Feeling comfortable with Rickon's presence, Steady lowered his head to his outstretched forelegs, and allowed his eyes to close gently. A snooze might be possible with the other male entertaining Nikai. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette just returned from a quick hunt for food. As the main hunter of the pack she was used to filling the caches and hunting for that. Now with the refugee pups being without their mother she got to experience the life of a parent even more it seemed. The female did not have a den of her own, so it was natural that they would sleep with Steady. Valette didn't mind the extra work, though she wasn't really used to having to share her food. It was weird feeding the pups and she wasn't sure if she was entirely comfortable with it yet.

When she got to Steady's den she soon realized they had a visitor. Philos. He had been helping her with hunting, Valette really appreciated his help. The female placed the dead hare before Steady. "Can you eat it for them this time?," she asked him. Valette lowered herself until she was laying down too. She saw Nikai but no Keoni. Was she back in the den? She let Philos play with Nikai, after all it was good entertainment for the pup.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had been so absorbed into his howling that he didn't notice the other wolf coming until he was already here. He looked startled, abruptly cutting off his howl as he looked at the male. An ear flicked back towards Steady, who was not far off, but he seemed to relax quickly. In turn, Nikai relaxed too, and he greeted the stranger with a bashful yet curious: "Hii!" When Valette returned with prey, Nikai chuffed at her in greeting before he turned back to the stranger. "Who ahm is dis an ay?" He tilted his head in question then, looking up at the male.
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The pup said hello then watched Valette walk over to steady with food in her mouth. Philos looked over to the two and nodded a silent hello to them. His attention was pulled away as the pup began to speak. Sadly he couldn't really make out what the pup was saying olny that his first word was "who". With the pups seemingly regular responce to Valette, as if he had already known her, Philos assuming the pup was asking who he was. "Who am I?" Philos questioned the pup's question. "My name is Philos. Phi-los." he stated his name slowly and in parts just as he had to Witch. Even if that wasn't the pups question, Philos saw nothing wrong with him knowing his name.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed a nap wasn't, in fact, on the agenda for today, as Valette approached him with meat, and asked if he would eat it for the pups this time. He would not, could not, say no. Sure, he said, giving Valette a soft smile as he began to chow down on the meat. He chew well, hoping it would take as long to soften in his belly, but he didn't bother to really taste the meat, knowing he would be giving it up. 

It was an interesting turn of events in Steady's eyes. He and Valette, it seemed, were basically parents now, and yet they weren't a couple. The pups didn't seem as happy when they both weren't sleeping here, and if Steady allow himself, he would have admitted that he had grown rather fond of all the time he and his Beta spent together these days. Valette had a heart of gold, and a will to match his own. She cared for, and about, this family as much as he did. But there was something else that he simply couldn't put a paw on. A feeling that had come about sneakily, as if in the dark to not be seen until the last moment. It was still off in the shadows, but a presence could be felt about it now.

Back in the real world, Steady settled back onto the ground, allowing the food a little time to digest in his belly before he would offer it to the pups.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shifted closer to Steady as he was eating, she showed no interest in eating herself. She was still coming to terms of being sort of a parent now to these pups. She preferred being a mentor. Valette had noticed too that Steady and her were becoming the parents of these little ones. It made her think if she would ever have one of her own, and how she was now in a position Reek and Saena must have felt like when she was young, only she wasn't as young and these pups.

She placed her head on her paws and actually felt relaxed enough to close her eyes. The first night she almost didn't close her eyes but now she could. The charcoal female took in the autumn sun rays, letting Nikai and Philos interact with one another. As her eyes were closed Valette couldn't help herself but think about this whole situation. It seemed that Steady and she were very capable of doing this together, making her think about a possible future, but she also promised herself not to be a fool in love ever again. Perhaps Steady didn't even feel about her in that way. He might not even want a mate after Niita left without saying anything.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The question that he posed wasn't very specific a question. The tone was all to indicate it, but mostly, Nikai just enjoyed babbling and showing off his words. He tilted his head with a questioning, serious look on his face as the adult started to talk. He listened, though he didn't specifically see the words as words. They were more like puzzles to him, pieces that together formed something. He liked the way they sounded when he spoke them, but he liked them even more when others did.

With a cheerful smile he repeated, "Filows!" unaware that he was saying anyone's name. He glanced at Steady and Valette expectantly, hoping that they had heard his words and would be happy for them, then looking back at the adult as he spoke again — sharing another story of his life — and hoping for another interesting reply. "Oonie dis was diddle 'n missaws!" The excitement in his voice grew near the end, as though he told the end of a very exciting story, and he looked at the adult with big bright eyes filled with expectation.
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The pup repeated Philos's name, or at least tried to, which made him smile. It was very similar to how Witch had once tried to attempt his name. The pup looked over to Steady and Valette excitedly then back at Philos. Philos sat down infront of the pup as he began to speak again this time incomprehensible to Philos. with so much excitement in the pups voice Philos wished he could understand what he was trying to say. 

Not wanting to discourage the pup Philos said "Ya thats nice." assuming that no matter what the pup had tried to say that would be a good responce. The pup would so not know what Philos was saying either, making it easier in a weird way. Even knowing this Philos thought to ask "What's your name? Name?".
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady still thought about Niita, and Ezekiel, though his worry about their disappearances didn't plague this thoughts as much as it had before. He was coming to terms with the fact that they may never return, and he may never know what happened to them. For all he knew, they ran off together. Whatever it was, he still had his dreams for the future, for a mate, and maybe more pups, depending on how this winter went.

Figuring the food had sat enough in his stomach to at least soften, Steady rose and walked to Nikai. After a few abdominal spasms, the food was back up and on the ground, an offering for his son. If she wasn't hungry, maybe Keoni would be. Figuring he wasn't needed, he went back to Valette and laid down next to her, softly bumping his muzzle against hers, just because he felt like it.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched Philos and Nikai interact. It was really cute to watch. Nikai was super cute in general to Valette's eyes. The dark colored female was still coming to terms with being their mother but she was getting better at it. Only the meal preparation was something she had get adjusted to doing. She rather be the one that gave them real chunks of meat to dig their teeth in. Steady got up and offered Nikai his meal. She didn't expect him to return to her, and even bump his against hers but he did.

Valette lightly nudged him back in return and quirked up her lips into a fond smile. She decided to be bold and place her head on his paws. Part of her head resting against his strong chest. She flushed lightly which wasn't quick to be seen with the fur covering her face. She kind of really started to like Steady more and more. She was also forgetting that Philos was right there which was different from Nikai and Keoni seeing them becoming more affectionate.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai tilted his head curiously at the words of the other wolf, his mouth hanging open a little in thought. Not knowing what he was supposed to say, he said, "Naym!" because in his experience, mimicking words always worked well. Then, after another moment, he said: "Neek naym in thur filows!" Then Nikai proceeded to stomp around, pretending to be a cool strong wolf by making his shoulders broad and comically placing his paws on the ground with large, wide steps. This was sure to attract some more praise, Nikai figured, and his tail whirred in excitement at the anticipation of it all.

Steady was barely noticed in the meantime, the food forgotten for the moment because he was so focussed on this new adult.
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
He watched as the pup began to speak again. This time it sounded more like he was trying to copy Philos again, just as he had with his name. They after speaking more words he began to parade around puffing himself up. Steady came up and Philos nodded to him as he came and went. His attention turned back tot he pup who was still showing off, as Ohilos missed Steady and Valette displays of affection. Philos joined the pup, puffing himself up making him look even more humungious and strong following the pup around copying his actions, joining in the fun.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady watched as the food he had offered the pup went ignored and untouched, and he gave a rueful look, but to no one in particular. It figured he would go through the motions, just to have it be for naught. But, his attention was averted, and his mood lifted, as Valette placed her head on his paws. They were getting quite familiar with each other, and now Steady couldn't imagine his life without Valette's touch. 

In response, he laid his head over the back of her shoulders, effectively folding the pair into an embrace of sorts. His ears swiveled to take in the sounds of Philos and Nikai, as well as the area around them, but his eyes slowly closed as he relaxed.

Feel free to skip me! I'll reply again if needed <3

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Feel free to skip me too until further needed! <3

Valette let out a soft hum when she felt Steady's warm shape cover her. She closed her eyes, listening to the excited Nikai and Philos trying to understand him. Valette tried to keep listening but she trusted Philos with Nikai and she was pretty comfortable in Steady's embrace. She couldn't find the care to what others might think of this. Valette choose for herself in this moment. She needed this moment of comfort especially after the murder of Keoni and Nikai's mother.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai gasped when Philos puffed him up and walked just like he did. "Aheeheehuh!" he laughed loudly in clear amusement and continued to puff himself up, almost as though he thought he had any chance to be the bigger-puffed-up version of the two of them; even though it was very clear that he wasn't going to be puffier than Philos. But Nikai didn't care — he was enjoying himself with his new friend. "Garowl!" Nikai said loudly, pretending to be super fierce while he continued to strut around; the food was completely forgotten.
71 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Away
The pups excitement towards Philos was amusing as he let out a large and deep laugh. The pup let a large playful growl and Philos replied with a small "Grr" more saying the noise as a word rather then him actually growling at the pup. 

Maybe a fun game of chase or tag would be fun and this that thought Philos poked the pup with his note and hopped a few strides away. Philos tail wagged as he waited for the pups reaction. Would he understand what Philos was doing?
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was just strutting around puffing himself up when suddenly he was poked. Looking at his playmate, he saw that the other was no longer copying his actions but instead had run away. Nikai tilted his head in question and stood still for a moment, his puffed up posture slinking down into a neutral one again.

After a moment of thought Nikai came into careful motion. He moved over to the other and then stretched out a paw to touch him, only to distance himself again and look up with an inquiring look on his face, wondering if he'd done the right thing. Had they swapped the copying game around?