Neverwinter Forest you are not worthy
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Joining 
please let marie reply first with @Ondine since they're travelling together but otherwise all welcome! :D

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Caiaphas' kingdom had crumbled away without the sea witch at it's helm. Kjalarr had done the best he could but he could not force them to stay and slowly but surely Saltwinter had fallen away to nothing. The small rag-tag band did not live to see another winter. If he would have known what he knew now he would not have mated with Ondine. He was the fatal flaw in allowing himself to take her, to believe that Saltwinter would survive. In truth, he hadn't thought of Saltwinter at all. Only as an afterthought had it dawned upon him that they did not have the numbers to support children. Yet as neither of them had restrained themselves during her estrus cycle he had to assume that she was. Obviously, she was not infertile and he doubted that he was. Kjalarr had not wanted to linger in the remains of what was once was. Rousing Ondine from her sleep he led the way south west, remembering what his aunt Kaskara had once expressed to him: that he would always be welcome at Neverwinter Forest.

Kjalarr did not know if that offer still stood. He did not know if they would take Ondine and the children he assumed she was carrying. If they refused then ...he would find somewhere else. Scimitar was the only wolf he would willingly bow to. He'd had the taste of power for too long to be able to shed it as if it were a coat he could shrug off and forget about. Yet, he had made a promise to Ondine. He had vowed that he would not abandon her or his children.

The Gods gave with one hand and took with the other.

Kjalarr inhaled deeply as he approached the borders, gesturing silently with his muzzle for Ondine to join him at his side. The last time he'd been at these borders was to deliver bad news and he supposed that the trend was continuing now. It was a lot to ask of the Frostfurs but he knew he had to try. For the sake of his children. He sent up a howl for @Scimitar hoping that his adopted father would respond.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It had been known for Ondine for very long that their small band would not stand without the sea witch. Hell, anything standing with Maude in power was a fucking miracle. She supposed that only with the help of Kjalarr (And her, of course) That they had existed for so long. Every day of her estrus had she been fucking away the day though, and perhaps her and Kjalarr's absence had caused them to fall apart so easily. Not that Saltwinter had been stable. Even Bain had left, and Slancio she had not seen in a while. Kierkegaard, the male she had met a long time ago, had also been gone, and the kid was no where she could find him. That left only Kjalarr, Maude and her - and, perhaps, the children she was carrying. 

The alpha, or ex-alpha, woke her up. Were they going somewhere? She frowned. She had wanted their possible children to see the sea and grow up with it, just like their mother, but she supposed they had no choice. Saltwinter was no more, and that meant there was no food or support for their children. It pained her to think of not feeling and smelling the sea - even at winter was she addicted to the waves, however cold they were. Still, she rose, and padded slowly but surely after Kjalarr. She'd miss it here, surely, and would even accept Maude if it meant staying here.

Long they did not travel, but little did she care. She just wanted to rest - her whole body (especially her lower zone and back) were hurting like hell. They approached a weird forest, one she did not like very much since it blocked the view of the sea one could see from the mountains, but went along anyway. How did her now-mate know that there was a pack here? She could only guess, for asking would be rude. She lowered her stance as they waited for the wolf that ruled this part of the Teekon, wondering if they would even allow a possibly pregnant female among them with winter on their doorstep.
"I simply... Don't remember."
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She fretted as the days went by. There was still no sign of her father, nor her youngest brother, and as each hour passed, the bi-toned girl became more resolved that she would be doing another round to scout out his whereabouts -- Neverwinter Forest could not thrive for long without their only leader, and while she was not in a position of leadership, she was currently the highest ranked wolf within the radius of their lands.

It was a strange and overbearing feeling.

A howl sounded up -- beckoning Scimitar, and without hesitation the Frostfur recognized the familiar notes of Jorunn's vocals. Shew chewed on her lip for a moment, pausing in her movement as she felt her ears press to her skull. Never before had she dreaded a moment with the pale wolf -- but the news she had for him was not one of hope or joy, and she could already feel the weight of their last conversation press to her heart.

Still, she went to him -- her own musical notes lilting across the sky to ensure he would be received, and as moments passed, she found him upon the borders. He seemed weary -- but her interest was further sparked by the pale woman at his side, and with a look of open question, Allure pulled forward to her adopted brother, tipping her muzzle up to greet him with a nudge to his cheek, though such was a stretch given their height difference. "Jorunn," she murmured, not yet realizing he no longer answered to such. "How are you?"
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Ondine was quiet during their journey and though this mildly concerned Kjalarr — for he had yet to come across her being quiet — he did not push. It was upsetting to leave behind the Sound, to realize his defeat and failure and move on from it. It certainly wasn't easy and it wounded his pride greater than he cared to admit, but he could not stop a sinking ship and he had sunk down with it to the deepest trenches of the ocean floor. Yet, they survived despite that Saltwinter had not. His promise to Ondine and their unborn children kept him going, did not allow him to wallow in self pity. He knew what he needed to do. He spared a glimpse at Ondine, offering her a gentle bump of his shoulder against her's before a figure appeared. It was not Scimitar, but instead his sister Allure. She greeted him by the only name that she knew him by and now did not seem like the time to correct her. He returned the nudge she offered him. “Allure, this is my mate Ondine,” It felt strange to address her as such but he had no choice. His sense of duty would not allow him anything else. One day, perhaps, he would grow to love her as Ragnar had loved Thistle. “Ondine, this is my sister Allure,” He made the introductions before he turned to her inquiry.

He'd been a lot better, admittedly. “I've been better, Allure,” He admitted to her, inhaling deeply and letting it out slowly. “How are you?” He inquired softly, genuinely curious as to how she fared. She looked well, at least. “Saltwinter is no more and Ondine is with child,” He admitted, feeling guilt rise within his chest. “I know it is a lot to ask and not one that I ask lightly, but I was hoping that father might take us in so we have a home to raise our family.” Which made him realize that still, Scimitar had yet to appear. His brow furrowed and his glimpsed down at his sister. “Is he around?” He inquired quietly.
[/td][/tr][/table]

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Her face was not covered in blood, for a change, and it made her feel naked more than anything. Now, she had nothing to hide behind, and she silently wondered what they thought of her now. She knew she shouldn't, but her mind could only wonder what others thought of her refraining to put on her usual decoration. Kjalarr did not seem to mind, and she knew she'd be doing Jack a favor with it, but what about the pack they were going to? She had yet to encounter anyone else with eyes like her - what if they found it weird or ugly? The bump of her mate made gave the message that she should keep her head up, even if that might not have been the case. 

Finally they were greeted, both by a howl from a female and a dark, white decorated girl that looked around the same age as Kjalarr - yet with the build of Maude. It was probably a bit weird - two, pretty big wolves on the border of this tiny woman, yet Ondine knew to respect whoever this was. She lowered her tail and ears, hoping not to make the wrong impression. Usually she was not this submissive, but the lives of their unborn children were at risk. She was introduced by Kjalarr, and nodded with a smile to what was Kjalarr's sister, Allure. The two almost looked nothing alike, and that made her curious. It's a pleasure to meet you, Allure. She greeted softly, letting Kjalarr do the most talking - however out of character that for her was.

Her ears perked and she looked shocked at Kjalarr. Maude had said his father was dead - and now he suddenly lived here. Had Maude lied? Of course, that bitch knew nothing else but playing little fucking mind games. Maude said your father died... She breathed out softly when he was done talking, not meaning to offend anyone. She was simply confused and curious as to what the whole story was. 
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She was surprised at the introductions – and unlike her father, who bore a mask of stoicism, Allure wore much of her heart upon her sleeve. Her eyes blinked in surprise before glancing over to the woman, noting the one bright eye, and the one so dark it could be mistaken as missing. It was not the appearance of the she-wolf though that felt strange to the bi-toned girl – but her age. She seemed as old as their father – and yet Jorunn had taken her as a mate?

Yet as judgemental as the initial thought was, the woman’s soft voice soothed the younger girl’s worry, and she offered her a gentle smile – pushing past these thoughts and reminding herself that if her brother had chosen her, there was a merit to his decision.

But the surprises would continue – his mate was with children, and instinctively, Allure’s eyes fell to the woman’s stomach, as if looking for the signs. A light blush would creep to her cheeks, though unseen by fur, and she gave another gentle nod. “I see. Congratulations to you both,” she murmured, her tail giving an idle flick. Neverwinter Forest housed five puppies currently – seven, if they could ever find Rannoch and Lucy.. could they truly support more?

And yet, the decision was not hers to make – and she could never turn her family in need away. Surely they could make it work? “Father isn’t home right now,” she noted, her own ears falling back to her skull. “Rannoch, our younger brother, is missing.. so is a pup we have taken in under guardianship. He’s trying to find them, but we’ve found nothing so far.” She paused then, pausing as Ondine murmured something to Kjalarr about his father and death – blinking on confusion to the statement. Only then did she realize the woman was referring to what must have been his biological father, and she paused once more, allowing him to answer.

After, she would usher her muzzle in the direction of the forest, wishing to not keep them from rest after such a journey. She did not question how his pack had fallen – now was not the time. “Neverwinter Forest has five puppies currently.. but surely we can make it work? I can’t imagine father turning you away.. but until he’s home and you can both talk – please stay. Come, let’s get you both settled and some food in your belly.”
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr accepted the congratulations with a grateful nod of his head and was content to leave it at that. His ears slicked back to rest atop his skull at half mast when Allure informed him that Scimitar wasn't home presently but there was little to be done about it. “I hope he finds Rannoch and the other missing pup and returns soon.” Kjalarr offered sincerely. When Lusca and her children had disappeared from Saltwinter none had went looking for her or her offspring. Then again the children were family and family was a different matter entirely. Ondine mentioned to him of Maude and her telling that his father was dead. The Viking's gaze drifted from his sister to his mate to explain. “It is a long story to tell but my biological father, Ragnar, is dead. Scimitar adopted me when I was just a small boy. He is my father in every way that counts.” The only thing that Scimitar could not claim was blood and did that really matter? Not to Kjalarr and he hoped not to the Frostfur's either.

“We will make it work,” Kjalarr agreed in quiet agreement. Regardless of what ends justified: “making it work”. It was hard to tell for sure whether Ondine was truly pregnant or not — but Kjalarr had wanted to be upfront with Allure about the very real possibility that she was and it was easier to claim that she was, indeed, then it was to say that it might have been a possibility but maybe not. “Thank you Allure. Truly.” He breathed to his sister, his relief visible upon his face as his tail gave a few wags behind him. He invited Ondine to go first with a gesture of his muzzle, content to bring up the rear of the party.
[/td][/tr][/table]

1/3 threads
you're infinitely more —

"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It was true that the siren was much older than the man she had settled down with, but it had not been a problem just yet. It was just another reason for him to take her really - for after she would pass, he would still be in his prime and could take another woman to carry another generation for him. It pained her to think like this, but it was true, and she knew he'd be smart to think of it too. As long as she could make him happy, and he her, and he was not actively wishing for her to pass so he could replace her, everything would be fine. 

Thank you. Ondine said kindly, quite unlike her if she had nothing to gain. Still, the woman had been kind, and it was only fair to be kind in return. Soon though, a frown settled on her face. How unfortunate. She breathed out. Still, if the kids here were anything like Jackrabbit, she should not feel worried about them. 

Her mate caught her attention, and she listened to him intently. His words cleared a lot of things up, and proved the mad pirate had only been partly lying. Nice to know her enemies even held the truth in a somewhat high place in their head. Oh, that makes more sense. She giggled softly, but not obnoxiously. She did not know whether to react worried or happy, so she went for a silly kind of theme. 

The next word of Allure shocked her though. Five puppies?! How was their litter ever supposed to fit? Her mind found some solutions, but they were all equally brutal, unfair and painful. She would have to think long and hard about this, but she still had some weeks for that. Thank you very much. Ondine thanked the other again, this time more sincerely as she followed wherever her mate would go. 
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Allure blinked in surprise to the ivory woman’s words – having never heard of her brother’s disappearance as being described as unfortunate in her life. She was quizzical a moment – her eyes darting only for a stolen second to her brother, as a swift bout of indignation swelled in her breast. Unfortunate? It was devastating for them – this was the woman he had chosen? To bring home to the family?

But as quickly as the question flooded in her eyes, she pushed it away – a stoical mask, as carefully guarded as Scimitar could have been himself, though she read like an open book most of the time.

Instead, she suppressed her surge of uncertainty in that moment, and with another smile, though now waning, directed to the two, the bi-toned girl nodded her head in the direction of the forest, taking them to a place of rest and food, for surely they needed it.