Gyrfalcon's Keep Safe Passage
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Soon after Howl's tour of the Teaghlaigh's territory he set out to the Gyrfalcon's Keep. He was tasked with finding the best path through it. He wasn't sure for what reason Arturo wanted this information, but it didn't bother him too much. He crossed over the border and pasted the big red sequoia trees. As he began his journey he began to hear the distant sound of a bird call. A screech from a gyrfalcon. This distant sound soon wasn't so distant anf multiple screeches from the birds seemed to collide and amplify. Even though the mountan wasn't hard to climb, Howl wanted to find a passage that avoided these noisy birds. After all Auturo did want the best path through. So Howl continued walking through, waiving his was trying to travel away from the noise but still across the mountain.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive would never not be touched by wanderlust. Her curiosity to see what lay just beyond the familiar led her in wide circles around her home, Ravensblood Forest. The smoky prospector was always testing the limits of her paws and the limits of the land around her. Often times she would simply traipse in a straight line, jutting out from the forest into the unknown. The sylph would do this for hours before turning around  [she even spent a few nights in the wild when Olive overshot herself]. This thirst to move was instilled in her from a young pup and did not change when she grew and joined a pack of her own - Ceannasach even encouraged her to travel outside their territory… and, leaving the safety of Ravensblood Forest felt a bit dangerous. It was during one of these bouts of wanderlust that she met her eternal, kindred lover; this was all the proof Olive needed to believe only greatness could come from her wayfarer ways. Travel was a part of her physicality as much as it was a part of her soul - Olive’s willowy frame benefitted immensely from the consistent movement and kept her petite figure filled out. 

Today, Olive was surveying Gyrfalcon’s Keep. The fae had visited this place twice before and did love the area - loved the rocky, warm, noisy mess of it all. A squawking and ever-shuffling mass of feathers, the gyrfalcons lived among true chaos. Olive took to the steeply sloping sides of the diminutive mountain, laying close to the falcons and watching them. It was endlessly fascinating because the keep was full of variation and transition. Plus… birds could fly and Olive lusted greatly to experience that feeling. 

Olive was upon Gyrfalcon’s Keep when a foreign movement sent the birds into a flurry. Olive lifted her head off of her paws, interested in what could have sparked such a reaction from her gathering of fowl. Through the flapping flash of feathers, the harpy spotted what she thought was another wolf. From the spot on the stone did the grey woman rise and cantered around the male. “Greetings!” she chuffed eagerly.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The bird continued to screach and fly about. He didn't mean to send them into such chaos if he was the cause of it. Looking for the easiest way to pass though it seemed that finding the worst way was the first thing he was doing. Amungst the birds came a much more appealing voice, one of a female. Looking over to her he saw the light female. She greeted him and he did the same. He lowered his head and bowed slightly as he spoke saying "Afternoon ma'am. How are you fairing." 
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It was strange to see another wolf exploring the keep [as she had many times before], but the femme was appreciative of the company. The Gyrfalcons, however, did not agree and screeched in protest. Olive lashed her tail behind her in amusement over their theatrics. Tuning her head back towards the brute in front of her, she regarded him with a feigned sense of seriousness.

He was solidly built and covered in a rich, chocolatine pelt. He greeted her in return and Olive took a moment to drink in his scent, a pleasant change from the sharp bouquet the interminably shrouded the small, rocky mountain. Interestingly enough, his scent was none to different than her own and the fae smiled, knowing he had come from Ravensblood Forest.

“I am fine, thank you. How are you?” Olive quickly revealed her ulterior question. “Are you one of Ceannasach’s wolves?”

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The lady replied saying that she was fine and asked him the same question. He smiled as her responce "Thats nice. I'm doing much better now that you are here." he said both trying to be flattering as well as comment on how he appriciated the company of others rather then solidarity. Soon after he replied she asked if he was one of "Ceannasash's wolves." A phrase he had head before faintly by the alpha of the pack he was attempting to join. She must have taken notice of his close proximity to the packs territory and this mountain, or his scent. 

Howl took a small wif of the females scent and found it familiar, he hadn't been with anywolves out of his potential pack, but hadn't been in the pack too long. The sent was familar but in his mind it didn't scream the scent of the pack in his mindm though he could make the connection. "Why yes I am. And you must be a fellow member?" he both stated and asked.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Sowwwy, life got so crazy!

The male was friendly – for this, Olive was thankful. The fae was been fortunate, as most wolves she met since coming to the coast (and the wilds as a whole) had been jovial, interesting individuals. Her delicate nature had yet to be taken advantage of, though it would be unlikely for her to misidentify this intention early on and not evade it. Of course, there had been the ruse Furiosa put into play upon their first meeting, but that had been one of the most fortunate practical jokes ever played as it brought the woman to Teaghlaigh, her family.

“Yes, I am” she giggled. “I am Teaghlaigh’s Comhairleoir.”  Her tone shifted to one of pride when she mentioned her rank.  It was something she did not speak of often, as it felt a pompous and smug thing. However, Teaghlaigh was growing and they now have several Comhlachs wanting to join their ranks – introducing herself in this manner held a solely educational purpose, as such.

“What are you doing in the keep? I thought I was the only wolf who liked this squawking madness." she questioned inquisitively.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She revelaed herself as one of the pack and made a comment towards the birds annoying screaches. One of the birds seemed to scream especially loud when she said that and it caused Howl's ear to go flat for a moment. "It seemed you still are ma'am" he said nicely not meaning for it to be an insult "I'm actually looking for the best way to avoid them while passing over the mountain." 

This female was uplifting Howl felt as she had previously laughed at his comment and contunied to made friendly conversation. He looked at her for a moent before asking. "Would you like to explore with me?"
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive felt pleasure knowing that she was still one of the only souls who found solace among the din and feathers. While a jovial and amicable being, Olive often felt that her best company were the spirits that haunted the microcosm of their planet.  Ravensblood Forest afforded her such, as well as Gryfalcon’s Keep. If he were looking for a way to avoid confrontation with the [admittedly] intimidating birds of prey, she wished to help him. Howl was in luck, as she knew the Keep rather well

The task sounded very much like one of Ceannasach’s fated quests and Olive would always extend a helping paw to a member of Teaghlaigh, especially a Comlach seeking a place among their ranks.

“Yes, yes!” The woman chirped, becoming excited at the idea of having a goal to pursue. So much of her life, especially recently, had been consumed acceptance and patience – not so much seeking and pursuit.  Olive swung her neck to take a coup d’oeil of the landscape. It was a rocky place without much vegetation to hold the earth in place and in several places the landscape could prove quite dangerous in traversed.

“What have to seen, thus far? Any good leads?”

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Olive seemed eager to join Howl on his joureny over the mountain. The company would be appriciated as well as her knowledge of these birds that Howl assumed followed her love of them. She asked how things were going, and other then the birds everything was going well. "Getting over the mountain seems to be the part when compared to avoiding these birds... and even though I'm sure you would love to have them keep you company, I would really appriciate your help guilding me away from them." He said as he walked pact her side and continued walking forward from where he was assuming she ould follow close by. 

As he walked he looked over at Olive, her white coat and the beauty Howl found in almost every female and apart of his charm couldn't help but comment on it. "You know I just have to say, you are beautiful." he said in a charming not not in a too flirtasious tone.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Oh wow. Did he really say that? Olive giggled and pulled her chin into her chest in a coy manner, not exactly sure what to say next. She would never truly get used to the flirtations on men, for they were so new to her. Plus, she was never really sure what they were getting at, so it dis honestly made her a little uncomfortable [there was definitely overtones of flattery there]. The woman looked back at Howl as they walked, leaving silence between them for a moment. "Thanks," she responded finally. 

Of course, Olive was unwavering in her commitment to Dakarai. That man had come into her life with such a roaring ferocity that there was little room for anything else. Not that Howl was trying to do anything more than compliment her, but it elicited thoughts and feelings of her dark knight. He had just recently returned to her, and she longed to be back in his arms. But first, Gyrfalcon's Keep!

Olive swung her milky visage back to the rocky outcrop, wondering the where the safest cross course of the keep might lay. Admittedtly, her preferred path was neither the safest nor far from the birds - the small woman, while delicate and slight of form, was dexterous and easily scaled steep rocky hills and evading the raptors  that made their nests there. It was the quickest way to the low-lying summit, but definitely not the easiest. There were safer ways, but to access them they would need to travel around to the south end. They would need to move a little bit before they got there. "There should be an easier route, where the stone is smooth instead of crumbling and craggy like it is here. The birds can't make their nests there," she smiled. "Come with me, this way." and she gestured with the turn of her ashen shoulder.

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It seemed as though she appreciated his compliment, but didn't return the favor. Which was ok with Howl, he had his own self confidence complimenting him everywhere he went. She spoke of a way that would be smooth and free of the screaming birds around them. She invited him to follow her and he did, walking along side her as they weaved around the rocks that crumpled be either their feet. 

As they walked away from the birds nesting areas, their noises began to dissipate and Howl signed in releaf. For any more time spent wth those birds might have given him a head ache.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The two walked in silence until Olive realized she knew nothing of this man except his name and that he sought to join Teaghlaigh’s ranks. Olive turned her head to him and smile, suddenly wondering what drew him to their small family. “Why Teaghlaigh?” she asked.

They continued to travel at a leisurely pace until the rounded the keep’s summit. Whereas the other side of the diminutive peak was broken, rocky and infested with predatory birds, this side was significantly greener. The inactivity of living creatures allowed small shrubs and autumn plants to grow around the rocky terrain, holding the earth in place. Not only would the flora provide sturdy footholds for them, . The route would take a deft foot and keen eye to navigate, but was not impossible and much safe [and likely quicker, depending on your destination].

“I think we may find your route here,” the woman said with a lilt of her head, tipping her chin up in want of his opinion. 

703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Planning on wrapping this up school has started and I'm thinking of Howl leaving Teaghlaigh (cause he doesn't have much reason to stay) and having him go inactive while I catch up with school.

She asked why he chose to join Teaghlaigh, and if he were to answer honestly it was because he followed a girl here. But that sounded a bit shallow of a reason to join a pack so he waited a moment to think of one. After awhile he realized that other then him wanting to be in a pack there was no reason for him to pick this pack. It made him think, maybe I shouldn't be here. "I didn't have much of a reason to be honest." 

These though was qickly over looked as they came to a spot where the hill was smooth and the birds were silent. Her turned to his companion "Thank you for the help. I should held back to Arturo and tell him of my discovery. Thanks again for the help." He waited for a few moments to see if she was going to say goodbye before heading back to the pack to relay his information.

Last Post for me, again sorry for abrupt wrap up.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
No worries! We'll miss him <3

The male was quick to depart upon their discovery, but did this bother Olive? Goodness, no. Chuffing a goodbye, Olive returned to the task at hand to explore her newfound path futher. Little did she know that Howl would soon leave their ranks, but Olive would ultimately support that decision. Destiny was a funny thing -- but was not to be messed with. If his destiny did not lie with their family, it could not be forced; Howl would find where he was fated to be and would flourish there, just as Olive had under the tutelage of the family.