The Sentinels Pitter Patter
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
All Welcome 
@Ingram first, @Deirdre and others 8D

She had taken her time to make her way to Donnelaith, deciding that it would be better to rest up and feed before making the short journey along the coast. It was, perhaps, for the best that Ingram had decided to stray from the Taiga, for after resting up during the night, Muses was prepared to set out early the following morning, hoping to make it to the distant forest before noon. They made good time without having to cross treatcherous landscapes, and as the morning fog began to lift, the young winter wolf found herself at the gate of the forest kingdom.

The sequoia trees towered, taller and wider than any vegetation she had ever seen in her life. Nose lifted towards the heavens, she marveled at the sight. She could recognize them as trees, but they were unlike any tree she had ever known. It felt as if she had stepped into an alternate dimension, where everything was just familiar enough that she could navigate without being completely turned around, but different enough to be considered an anomaly.

Abruptly, she remembered why she was there in the first place. Parting her lips, she called out, sweetly and shyly, to Deirdre, who had so graciously accepted two strangers within her family. If everyone in Donnelaith was half as nice as her newest friend, then she was certain everything would work out perfectly. There were wolves who looked like winter wolves for Muses, and nearby youths the same as as Ingram, so that he would not feel lonely. What more could they ask for?
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
After great pains had been taken to cultivate Ingram into a willing follower, Muses was off -- darkly, the young wolf fell in tow. He was not the greatest traveling companion, though he rarely strayed from behind Muses' flank.

While she was taken by wonder, Ingram cast the sequoias the most jaded of scowls. There were plenty of them at Saltwinter, and he was pretty sure they were taller too. There were other trees that spotted the hidden copse, and Ingram's begrudging indifference began to fade. These trees he hadn't seen before; what else was out there he hadn't seen before?

He stopped as Muses threw back a soft howl -- his voice did not accompany hers. He wondered if there were any other wolves his age in Donnelaith - and if there were, did they ask as many questions as Chusi?
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the young queen swept out from the sentinels moments after the howl sounded off--the familiar scent had come to her, and the elated youth moved, covetously, toward it! muses! deirdre greeted, and her eyes then panned to the familiar youth she had met out by the coast. ingram, she pronounced, and in knowing his affect, she catered to it despite the excitement brimming in her heart to see him, here, too. welcome to donnelaith... do you hunger? we have plenty of food in our caches, she invited them in with a sweep of her forearm, appearing before them far more regal than she ever behaved outside of donnelaith's boundaries. but here she was queen, and she was suited for her part.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
I've seen all the demons that you've got.
106 Posts
Ooc — Hero
Muses began to tremble with excitement the moment she saw Deirdre's pale form break through the shadows of the towering trees. She offered a gentle, affectionate chuff of greeting, before stepping forward to touch her nose to the young leader's shoulder. "You are too kind." Shaking her head, she laughed it off, before sharply turning, sweeping back to Ingram to gently nudge him against his rump. "Ingram, this is Deirdre, the leader of this pack." She did not for a moment seem to worry that he may act sullen, or even slightly rude, as he tended to be in his chaotic youth. As usual, the pale beast was oblivious, happy to see the world through her rose coloured glasses. "I'm not very hungry, but I've never heard Ingram turn down a meal!" She turned back to the white wolf, stepping between the two, and tipping her head to indicate that her newest friend should lead the way. "I will, of course, be happy to go out on a quick hunt once we're settled in." It was only right to replenish the cache at the first opportunity she had. After all, she couldn't see herself as much use otherwise. Hunting was just about one of the only things she could do well, she thought. Bushy tail waving vigorously over her back, she looked from one young wolf to the other, eager to see what was in store for all of them.
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
The dark youth sat alongside his pale counterpart in contemplative silence, his long ears pressed forward as he kept note of their surroundings. When the crackle of leaves underfoot punctuated the atmosphere Ingram turned around quickly, his hairs somewhat lifted in defense: they were in strange territory, and he was out of his element.

His fair companion had no such reserves and for a moment it took Ingram by surprise; not that it should have, but because Muses was so openly eager to meet this perceived stranger. But the stranger was no stranger, it was Deirdre; his hackles calmed as he recognized her slender silhouette.

She carried herself with far more importance than she had the day of their acquaintence, and Ingram studied her slyly out of the corner of his eye until the mention of food. His ears perked and he looked to the two expectantly - did they truly expect him to turn down the offer of food?
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre nodded, but spoke no more; she and ingram had met, but she felt no reason to turn from muses additional introduction. he seemed quite receptive to food which was of little surprise to deirdre--though she had only heard stories of what life was like as a loner, she felt she could imagine the hunger they endured without wolves to hunt with.

this way, deirdre indicated with the gentle thrust of her muzzle. together they moved through the labryinthal sentinels, the forest abuzz with the sight of new faces. it appeared it was ever eager to acquaint itself to the pair, stray twigs and thin limbs moved to reach for them. deirdre embraced their touch, as ever, and turned smilingly toward the pair. she halted only when she had arrived to a cache she herself had filled recently, and stepped aside. her tail waved as she gestured toward it, her eyes falling to ingram. you may help yourselves, she had no qualms in offering to muses once more to dine if she so pleased.
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand