Larksong Grotto Jigsaw Puzzle
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino had been travelling nearly six months now all over the place. Meeting all kinds of wolves and seeing many beautiful places though he could not choose a favourite. Though, he had not found a place where wolves knew anything of the wolf he searched for. He was determined though and he had not lost hope yet. She was the last piece to the puzzle that was his family and he would find out where she was or what happened to her if it was the last thing he did.

He found himself in yet another unfamiliar land filled with packs and he had no clue where to start. Though he figured maybe the first place he passed, a grotto, would be a good place to start. Besides there was a pack settled here anyways. He approached the borders and sat down a respectable distance from them. He dare not pose a threat to the wolves that live here the last thing he wanted to do was make enemies.

Akino let out a loose howl calling for the wolves of authority or anyone else that may be nearby.

@Jhala @Nova Rose @Hiram Whoever can and wants to post on this be my guest
Sister
Though she be old, she is fearless.
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Usually, Nova Rose was happy to keep within the confines of the Grotto, if only just out of worry Jhala or her little ones might need her. Hiram was a competent healer and a wonderful father, of course, but the elder felt better knowing that she could be of use. 

That, and it grew harder each day to climb her way out of the protected haven that was her lords church. Her bones ached and creaked with each step her pale paws took, but Nova never was one to give up easily. Despite not having a place in mind to go, the old woman let herself wander closer and closer to the borders.

When she finally reached said unknown destination, the elder allowed her spectral eyes to wander. What they found, however, was far from expected: a boy who could have been from her own womb stood there before her, like looking into a much younger version of herself in the clear reflection of a lake. She pulled to an abrupt halt, nostrils flaring to take in the vagely familiar scent layered with times of travel.

"Hello?"

Taking a couple of curious steps forward, not thinking about the possible dangers a strong young man could do to a more fragile woman like herself, Nova called out to the boy -- he was patiently waiting a good distance from the markers, something the Rose woman deeply appreciated even as a Sister of the pack. Hiram would be thankful for it at well, if this boy was as respectful as he seemed. Perhaps they would soon have another member of the church!
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino hadn't been waiting long before a wolf came into view. She looked older than most wolves he had seen around lately but she was someone who could offer him information perhaps. He had a gut feeling deep down that this wolf could offer him the answers he was looking for. He didn't know where this feeling had come from all he knew was this felt right.

"Hello," he spoke respectfully padding to meet her halfway but still remaining a good distance from the border and he was in a submissive posture. "My name is Akino, Akino Rose. I was wondering if you could help me with something," he spoke inquisitively. Little did he know this was the wolf he was looking for.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
At first, Nova thought the boy might actually come to her, cross the borders. Nervousness for his fate fluttered in her ribcage -- her memories flashed to the feral visitor of the willows, Warbone's wrath towards both him and her for allowing it -- but it was quelled as he stopped. 

The golden boy announced himself with a polite hello, but when he announced his surname, Nova barely heard his request. Rose. A Rose! Her icy eyes lit up with instant love and passion, and as she stopped she couldn't help but send a gentle, dainty paw towards his shoulder. 

"Marley's kid, or Holly's?"

Surely, he would know what she meant -- the boy was much, much too young to be a sibling of hers, and as far as she knew, there were no other Rose's. In her gaping excitement, begging for an answer on the edge of her "seat", she forgot to give her own name....

And her manners didn't seem to be coming to mind anytime soon. Shit, was she really a respectable Rose? 
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino's jaw opened slightly as the wolf brought a paw too his shoulder joy on her face and asked if he was a kid by marley or holly. She knew, she knew of his father, his family. Akino took a moment to analyze the females face...could it be....could it really be. What were the chances the first place he goes to in this new land she's here. After six long months could the puzzle finally be complete. 

"Nova..? Nova Rose?" he spoke with a curious tilt to his head. "I'm one of Marley's sons," he stated with a warm smile falling onto his maw.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
There was a flash of confusion on her face as he said her name - she knew all of her own children, many as they were! -- but then her impoliteness was boldened. Akino went on to tell her he was Marley's kid, and a squeal of joy broke her lips. Lucy and Marley had kids -- apparently fully mature now, a thorn in her heart to miss their childhoods -- that she didn't know about. It made her wonder about Holly, but for right now her sister could wait, especially consitering that Akino may never have met his aunt. 

"Oh, where are my manners. Yes, yes I'm Nova! Marley told you all about his sister, huh? What about you? What brings you here? What do you know about the Rose family?"

There was no shame in bombarding her nephew with questions, tail waving a mile a minute. Every part of her wanted to invite him in, take him to find a den right now. Instead, she just sent out an excited call for @Hiram's presence, despite the fact that he'd already been called. Her nephew was here!
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino watched as the woman appeared to process everything that was going on and in that time he chose to do the same. He couldn't help the wide smile on his face when she confirmed her identity and then proceeded to ask a flurry of questions. He took a deep breathe before tackling them one at a time.

"My father spoke of the whole family, most of whom I have met. Including Holly and her children. The only remaining wolf that I had not yet met who was potentially still alive was yourself," he spoke. "That is why I am here, I took it upon myself, Akino the adventurer, to meet every member of the rose family," he stated proudly as if this was some significant accomplishment. It might not be seen that way by Nova but he sure was proud. He had found the last piece of the puzzle. His aunt Nova. 

"Marley spoke of your childhoods and growing up with you and Holly, he told me and my brothers and sister loads of stories as we grew up but I never felt like this puzzle that is our family would be complete until I had met all of you," he stated still remaining careful not to step over any bounds. 

"This is kind of surreal, I can't believe I've finally found you, I feel like there is so much we have to talk about," he said with a smile. He had made the assumption she was not the wolf in charge here as it was unlikely for a wolf of her age to be leading a pack. She hoped whoever was in charge would be there soon. In the meantime. They could just chat. Aunt to nephew.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
When the first howl rose, Hiram left the boys with Jhala. By the time the second call reached his ears, the Cardinal was already close by. He found it curious that the old woman was intercepting strangers at the border, but he was thankful for her vigilant eye. Because, with four kids running around, it was really hard to keep a watch over the comings and goings of the church.

When Hiram arrived, he lifted his tail high and held himself in a posture of instinctual dominance. His eyes then fell on the stranger who seemed to resemble Nova. "Sister," he spoke without taking his careful eyes off the stranger. "Who is this?"
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Though Akino loosed a deep breath, he readily tackled each of her questions. The elder listened with gleaming spectral eyes, and it made her heart soar to hear that her nephew took after her the most. 

"You sound just like me, Akino. Your mission is complete! Tell me, how are Kodiac Riverbend and Heartsong Valley doing? What are your plans now that you've found me?"

It was then Hiram made a dominant but not mean entrance, questioning her first and foremost. The golden woman's own posture lowered ever so slightly and she reached forward to nuzzle his shoulder in a friendly and personal greeting. 

"Cardinal Hiram: this is my nephew, Akino Rose."
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Kino smiled as Nova stated he was just like her. He had always wondered if that might be the case. He never fully understood where his loving of travelling came from and now everything made sense. Seems the two had a lot in common. Akino smiled before beginning to speak of home. Though the first bit was hard. "Well...Holly became beta of Heartsong and had a daughter with a random male. Her daughter she named Anala. Haley and Danny passed away a year apart from one another a few years ago and then Holly took over as Alpha, her daughter Anala followed in mum's footsteps and took the place of beta. That's what's happened with the Valley," he spoke calmly frowning as he mentioned the death of Danny and Haley.

"As for the riverbend there isn't much more to tell you other than I now exist along with my two brothers Jason and Dustin, and my sister Daithi," he said smiling before adding on one last comment. "Et voila, here I am." Akino offered a chuckle before a dark male wolf caught his attention. He was about to ask Nova's last question but he supposed it could be answered with a second pair of ears listening. This part involved the pack's Alpha anyhow. Though it puzzled Kino that this wolf addressed Nova as sister. Akino offered a slight head tilt because the concept didn't make sense but perhaps there was some religion or ranking system here that he was not currently aware of.

Kino nodded as Nova introduced him to the male deemed cardinal. "Yes, that's me," he said offering a friendly smile. "As I was about to say, now that I've found you I don't really want to leave, I still feel there is much to know, and besides I needed to get away from my father and siblings. Nothing bad, I just needed to find my own way y'know?" he stated before he posed the all important question to the Alpha. "I wonder if you might be as kind Mr..Cardinal Sir to offer me a place amongst your ranks?" he questioned. "I am a skilled hunter and I'm learning to fight, though mostly I would be able to speak well of your pack on travels to scout for new members," he stated with a smile. "I would be honoured if I could serve under your name," he finished before glancing over to Nova.

"This way I can also get to here more of you and your travels, and hear stories I may have never heard before," he said with a warm smile.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Hiram nodded and looked to the nephew, automatically sizing him up in silence as he began to speak. He was able bodied and healthy; the gotto needed capable wolves, especially now before winter. Turns out, that's exactly what Akino sought. A home among them. The cardinal smiled. "Of course, there's room among my church Akino," said Hiram. A scout could do the grotto good, the cardinal thought. There were hearts out there that needed to be swayed. Perhaps Akino could be a proper missionary.

"But there is a stipulation," he continued. "We of the grotto answer to the Daystar. You must take the faith and enter our order as a deacon while you learn the ways of the priesthood." This was, of course, an important decision regarding salvation itself. Surely, Nova would want her nephew to be saved.
Sister
185 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was a blow to her heart, hearing the confirmation that her parents were dead -- not that she'd expected them to live this long, but ignorance is sometimes bliss -- but the wound was soothed with the knowledge that not just Holly had a child, but they both now ruled the Valley. Still in the family, it seemed, and Nova was proud of her littermates. Akino wasn't alone, either -- he had two brothers and a sister in his litter. Marley wasn't likely to have anymore pups -- nor were Holly and Nova, honestly, at their age -- but at least now there were his children to carry on the Rose family. Holly and Anala, too, would keep Heartsong alive and thriving -- the packs would live on for a long while, she hoped, though she wasn't there to see it. Her days would be lived out here, in Larksong Grotto, learning and spreading the word of Raas. 

The golden woman grinned to hear that Akino didn't wish to leave, tail wagging behind her with renewed vigor at the prospect of bringing her family into the light of her Lord. Though she nodded to her nephew, agreeing that she would share with him all she knew, she didn't speak, leaving the encounter to the Cardinal -- it wasn't her right or her way to vie for others, and she wasn't about to start now. For an amazed moment, however, the elder felt like she was looking down upon the meeting from above, in a daze and unable to do anything but react: she had not lived in vain. She would be able to pass on all she knew to another! It would not vanish into a void with her after death, be lost in oblivion -- Akino, a child of her own blood, would gain it all before her passing, and then he, in turn, could give it to someone else. 

Hiram's words of the Daystar brought her attention back, but even though she turned her spectral eyes hopefully to Akino, everything was still a bit hazey. Normally, she would have encouraged him into this path verbally, but today she offered only a nod and a kind-hearted smile.
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino nodded at the stipulation the Cardinal made, explaining that there was a religion that this pack followed that he too would need to be a part of if he wished to join them. Religion was a somewhat new concept to him and not once had he heard of this DayStar but curiousity and eagerness to learn took over and he couldn't stop himself from accepting. 

"Teach me of this Daystar, I wish to seek knowledge and understanding to better myself as a member of this fine pack you lead," he stated a soft smile resting on his lips his head still low to the ground in submission. He exchanged a few glances between wolves before he waited to see what else would come of this meeting.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Welcome back! I'll get you all titled up. In the mean time, check out this thread: http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=13369. It's got everything you need to know about Raas'ilhm. You can assume Hiram'll give Akino the rundown.

Without argument, the boy pleaded his soul to the Holy One. Hiram felt this was the marking of a good follower. Most of those who's souls were claimed by the Heartless resisted the light, but Akino accepted it without issue. He was malleable, and could be molded into a proper priest. Hiram looked to Nova and smiled. There was no greater joy than reuniting a family.

Drawing his gaze back to Akino, Hiram spoke. "Come then," the Shephard beckoned to lead the newcomer into the grotto's heart. "There is much to learn."
9 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Akino smiled warmly as the cardinal accepted his pledge to the Daystar and his willingness to learn more. Akino quickly rose to his paws as he spoke asking for the boy to follow him as there would be much to learn over the next little while. 

Kino desperately wanted to learn more, sucker for knowledge as he was but he also craved time with family and to form a story of his own. Outside of the packs from which he came. His story would be special. Different. He would make his own life and someday maybe even continue the Rose name with his own children. However, right now he would remain focused on the task at hand. Learning all he could about this pack and their religion so he could travel and speak confidently of their intentions.