Neverwinter Forest i'm beyond the archetype
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
I hope a Cypress is okay. ♥

The moment he thought Allure was sleeping deeply enough that his absence might go undetected, Cypress Benvolio Frostfur stumbled from the den and shambled numbly in the direction of the blood-drenched field where he’d last seen his parents. Driven by routine rather than impulse, his lantern-yellow eyes were as dull and lifeless as his mother’s had been; his surefooted paws were leaden and caked with blood, soil, and loam; and his proud tail dragged listlessly behind him, carving a wavering brushstroke in his wake. The promise of his father’s stature remained, evident in his gangly framework and broad paws, but despite being midway through the rapid growth period, he felt small. Defeated.

There was no waking dream world for Cypress. He knew his parents would never come back — and he suspected that Lucy and Rannoch were equally lost to him. He did not see the faces of the fallen or missing when he looked at Allure or Shrike — though, to be fair, he couldn’t really see them at all right now. Everything had gone out of focus for the young guardian who had failed in his duty to protect Lucy, keep up with Rannoch, make his father proud, and bring his mother home all in one fell swoop. It was a very empty, lonely place he’d ensconced himself in, going through the motions of survival without any real desire to do so. Sleep had eluded the five month old, as had the release of tears — he merely existed in a state of catatonia that had made a home within the yawning abyss once occupied by Innocence.

His gait was brittle and disjointed as he approached the territory borders, unwittingly intruding upon Kjalarr and Shrike’s conversation. He mightn’t have noticed — but the sound of his name was enough to stop him in his tracks. He wavered on his feet, still standing a good distance away from Kjalarr and Shrike, and his deadened eyes of Eshe’s gold settled dully on some middle distance between the two older males. Instinct shifted his carriage for him — his tail tucked and his ears pinned accordingly — but there was a distracted air about the boy, as though he’d been late to an important appointment of some kind and was patiently enduring whatever interaction was required of him until he could be on his way.
Messages In This Thread
i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:54 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 06:40 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 15, 2016, 04:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 16, 2016, 12:29 AM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Cypress - November 16, 2016, 02:41 AM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 03:05 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 18, 2016, 04:53 PM