Neverwinter Forest i'm beyond the archetype
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
cypress is more than welcome! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
“Yes,” Kjalarr murmured in contemplative agreement when Shrike spoke up. He did not feel the unbearing weight of guilt in Scimitar and Eshe's deaths as he had Whittier's but then again he likely could have prevented Whittier's death. Scimitar and Eshe's deaths were out of his grasp. Besides, who would have ever thought that the pair would fall to a bear? Not Kjalarr. Especially not Kjalarr who realized — with a shock like ice cold water tossed upon him unexpectedly — just how utterly fortunate that he'd been the two times he'd evaded near death by bears. He twitched his muzzle again as the phantom pain echoed unwelcoming in the dead nerves of the red, long since healed cicatrices across the bridge of his muzzle. “Losing your father is hard, even if you never really got a chance to meet them.” Kjalarr had lost both of the men that he called father in his life: the Viking King that had sired him and now the King that had raised him and yet Scimitar's death hurt worse than Ragnar's for obvious reasons.

“I will not push my presence upon her but would you mind letting her know that I'm here for her — whatever she needs, whenever she needs it.” Surely Allure already knew that but Kjalarr found that sometimes reassurances of such things were helpful. She was his sister and she was not alone in her grief. It was not one that she burdened alone. “And Cypress too-” Kjalarr had yet to meet his adopted younger brother but even so he would not turn either away if they sought his presence. His lips parted to speak again only to pause when he noticed the presence of a young, dark boy. For a moment, Kjalarr hesitated as he silently gestured to him with his muzzle, hoping that Shrike noted. He was not sure if it was Cypress or one of his cousins. “You can join us, if you'd like.” Kjalarr put out the invitation softly, finding that he had no idea how to speak to children — should he talk them like he would anyone else or like they were an animal easily spooked? Given the way the boy's ears pinned back and his tail tucked Kjalarr opted for an animal easily spooked.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 05:23 PM