Neverwinter Forest i wonder where that young boy has gone
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Settling down in the sense of a partner and children had never truly been a consideration of Kjalarr's. Perhaps that was the ultimate goal in the end but it hadn't been any goal of his. His ambitions had driven him for ...all of his life thus far and he realized when he'd became Beta under Caiaphas' rule that ambitions were dangerous if not put in check. He did not seek power because he wanted it. For months he'd been a leader and the climb down from that was jagged and treacherous. He had not seized power of Neverwinter Forest like some hungry warlord. He'd offered to step up alongside his aunt because he had experience (as did she) and he felt that he owed it to Scimitar. To prove to his adoptive father in death that he would not dishonor his memory: that he would carry his legacy as he carried Ragnar's: with honor and pride; because his shoulders were broad and strong and built for the burden that came along with leadership. Not everyone approved and this, Kjalarr understood. In the eyes of those that were not his family he was a usurper even though ...he had stolen nothing. If he were to ever usurp he would have more sense then to lead beside another member of the pack that had been apart of it's conception.

Power was very dangerous but he was no longer ill-equipped against it.

His refocused his attention back upon Ondine who admitted that she did not feel as well as she looked. Kjalarr frowned slightly at that but was helpless to offer her any assistance with that. He was no medic. Her statement brought his ears to rest at half mast atop his skull, twitching towards her as she finished her statement. It was true. The Sound was cold during the winter, the salty breeze off the sea was pleasant in the summer but in the winter months was near enough to freeze the marrow of one's bones. “That is true,” Kjalarr murmured in quiet agreement, glimpsing at the vast forest around them. “The forest will buffer the worst of the winds.” He glimpsed down at the fawn when she motioned for him to take some. He drew in a deep breath but did not move from where he had came to stand. “It is for you and our children. Save what you do not eat.” Kjalarr declined. It looked delicious and the saccharine scent was tantalizing but he had to put her and the babes within her first. He was in no danger of starving anytime soon.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 03:06 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 04:26 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:52 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 18, 2016, 05:21 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 18, 2016, 06:15 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 19, 2016, 07:20 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 08:26 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 09:29 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 11:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 02:11 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 22, 2016, 02:28 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 27, 2016, 08:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - December 04, 2016, 06:52 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - December 16, 2016, 04:13 PM