Neverwinter Forest black leaf
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Perhaps he should have ousted her. Perhaps he should have chased her from the forest he now co-lead; but he did not. That was a coward's move. It would have been petty and childish. In his youth there would have been nothing to stop him because in his youth he had to make himself look like the big bad. The difference was: he had the power but in his manhood he had learned that using it in such ways was little more than abuse. She was angry. She was hurting; and though her disrespect was blatant in her disregard of his dominance Kjalarr was not naive and had expected resistance. Would the tables have been turned he would not have been happy, either. He understood. “I understand and I know you do not care,” He quoted her. “but it is important to me to. I hurt too more than you know,” Because it was clear she had no idea that he was Scimitar's son and his death was tearing him apart at the seams. Because he did not let it show, because he had duties to focus upon. Like Whittier's death Kjalarr struggled how to process it, unsure of where no believers of the Norse Gods went when they passed away and that was utterly terrifying to him.

“Scimitar is my father,” Adoptive or not had never mattered. Scimitar had filled the role that Ragnar had left in his death, had saved Kjalarr's life. Perhaps she was not even listening, but...perhaps she was. Perhaps it didn't matter to her and she would fight him no matter what he said; but he had to try to break through to her, at least ebb away her wrath. “He will always be the greatest man I have ever known and though you do not have to believe me I swear I will not dishonor him or this pack.” Yet Kjalarr knew that words alone would not be enough. He would have to prove himself and he had no qualms of that — he had expected the same thing of Charon at one point. Respect was earned not freely given. “Then I will earn your respect.” He said simply. Though it prickled at his ire (for he'd been leader of Saltwinter for too long for it not to) he sought to be peaceable and understanding.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
black leaf - by October - November 16, 2016, 03:56 PM
RE: black leaf - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:22 PM
RE: black leaf - by October - November 16, 2016, 04:42 PM
RE: black leaf - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 05:08 PM