Firefly Glen in the name of carrying the world on your back
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Kjalarr struggled for a moment with what to do with Floki's knowledge that Charon's mate had given birth and that Floki considered them his nieces too. It was doubtful it was sentiment shared and Kjalarr himself was unsure if he considered the children his family. In truth, they really weren't, but the sins of the father would not be carried to his daughters this much Kjalarr knew. “That's good,” He settled for, a bit awkwardly admittedly. Which reminded him of nieces and nephews that were actually theirs by blood. “I don't you know but our elder sister Gyda, she has had children as well.” There was a possibility Floki already knew this but Kjalarr deigned to share it just in case. He shifted his weight before he settled back upon his haunches. “Speaking of children,” the very root of Kjalarr's terror these days. “I'm going to be a father, Floki.” and it terrifies me he didn't add the rest but there was a slight swell of it in his chest for a moment before he drew on the calmness that his twin inspired on him. If there was anyone in the world that could calm the storm that was Kjalarr it was without any doubt Floki.

Floki posed a question and Kjalarr latched onto it eagerly hoping to not have to delve into why he was so afraid of his upcoming status (so many reasons). “Saltwinter has disbanded,” Not the proudest of Kjalarr's moments, admittedly, but there was no sense in holding onto a ship that had already sunk. He had followed it to the belly of the ocean but Saltwinter's end did not mean his end and he'd moved on. “I have moved my mate, Ondine, and I to Neverwinter Forest. Shortly after we arrived three of our wolves discovered that Scimitar and Eshe have been killed by bears and I have stepped up beside Kaskara as Alpha Male.” His ascension to the throne was not a joyous one, not in the slightest. He did what he had to. For his unborn children, for the grieving Frostfurs. Kjalarr grieved too, of course, but he mourned by burying himself in duties and work and obligation. The weight was heavy but it kept him focused. When it rained it poured, and it poured for days. Either that or Kjalarr just had the misfortune of being a catalyst for destruction.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Kjalarr - November 17, 2016, 04:24 PM
RE: in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Kjalarr - December 04, 2016, 07:20 AM