Firefly Glen in the name of carrying the world on your back
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Floki brought up a good point to Kjalarr: that even though Ragnar had died before they'd really known him he had found a good father figure in Scimitar. Kjalarr could aspire to be like the late Frostfur monarch but he also knew that he'd never be. Still, perhaps there was guidance to be found in his memories of growing up with the Frostfur's; and instantly though Kjalarr had not been seeking reassurance, Floki's guidance calmed the turmoil that had been wreaking havoc on him for a while now. Floki's wise words always had that calming effect on Kjalarr and the northman was grateful that the Gods had blessed him with his twin because he couldn't imagine a world without him ...or what kind of a mess Kjalarr would be on his own (haha). A geuine laugh left Kjalarr's lips when Floki said that they'd have a kickass uncle who would make sure he (Kja) was doing his job. “You have my full permission to kick my ass if I'm doing a poor job,” Kjalarr granted to his brother with a toothy grin.

“They're due in a few weeks time, I think. She grows rounder by the day it seems.” All Kjalarr knew was that they had to be coming and soon. He'd never really been around a pregnant female to know for sure but he wasn't a dumb oaf (as much as Torvi picks at him) and he was fairly quick at deducing things. Plus, he turned to Ondine to tell him as it was her body and he felt that if anyone should know the babes were coming into the world soon it would be her. “Floki, I definitely want you to be apart of their lives. I don't want you to be a stranger to my children when you're the most important wolf in my life.” Perhaps that was backwards but it was nevertheless true. He would never have the bond with anyone that he had with Floki and through all the shit Kjalarr put him through he was relieved and ecstatic that their bond had survived, seemingly stronger than ever.

“I'm not sure how to get word to you when they are born but I want you to meet them,” He paused for a moment and added sheepishly a moment later, “and Ondine, of course.” His tail wagged behind him for a moment. “Would you be their godfather?” He asked his twin, then, knowing that there was no one he trusted more to raise his kids if something were to befall him.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Kjalarr - November 17, 2016, 04:24 PM
RE: in the name of carrying the world on your back - by Kjalarr - December 10, 2016, 06:13 AM