Stone Circle One Of Those Off Days
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Grayday is always welcome but if anyone else wants to deal with a really cranky pregnant woman, come on down! :D

"Sunnuva-bitch!"

For what seemed like the millionth time just this morning, Amber jabbed a paw -- this time, her front left -- on a rock sticking out of the ground. It was just so damn hard to keep her balance with so much extra weight, and with every joint in her body swollen, it hurt all the more. Her bladder felt strained beyond belief -- it didn't surprise her, given the fact that there was always a paw jabbing into it -- and that, too, irritated her to the corners of the earth. Clearly, just by looking at her, one could tell that she was days from bursting with a large litter. 

The Ciel woman waddled on slower than ever to find a place to pee again, rumbling badnaturedly, audibly at nothing in particular, and hopefully a cache she could pick through. She wanted nothing more than any type of fowl right now, but her hunting skills were down the drain until these puppies were out of her womb.
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been out patrolling for a little while earlier in the day, but was now on his way back to the den site. He often checked up on @Nikai and @Keoni throughout the day, and that was his intention now, too. But, the grumbling of a wolf had his ears perking and his course changing direction.

He came upon Amber, his tail wagging in greeting. Hello, Amber, he greeted. They hadn't seen much of each other since her joining, as Althaia had been murdered right after, and Steady's attention had been on the pups. He felt guilty for not getting to know her better sooner, but he could now. Well, provided she was in the mood. She seemed a little cranky, though that didn't scare the Alpha away. How's it going? he asked, not realizing he could have just opened pandora's box with the question.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Steady's approach did not go unnoticed to the boy. He was expecting his caretaker back any moment now, and, not wanting to wait much longer, Nikai had decided to go for a little stroll himself. Since the boy had been lugged around so much in his short life so far he was used to being out and about by now. It wasn't far that he had to go before he heard Steady's voice. Large ears perked up and with a cheerful "Staddy!" (which sounded a bit like a mixture between 'daddy' and 'Steady') he trotted towards the adults.

Steps were clumsy and as he fell in step his right ear flopped over, providing a comical look with one ear erect and one flopped down on his forehead. Nikai bumped his head against Steady's leg and then looked at the other adult with a mixture of piqued curiosity and awareness.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Amber had waddled only a few yards away when the strong, fresh scent of her new alpha wafted into her nose. It was different for her, having an alpha: even when she'd been in Silver Creek, the alpha had been her sister and in truth that'd given her a cockiness she hadn't known. It was a splash of cold water to realize she actually had to bow, but it was simply another step needed to ensure her family, their place here, and their happiness. 

Turning her head to face the dark pelted alpha, Amber nodded in greeting. Her tail did not wave in greeting but she offered a chuff of greeting. His question, however, brought a roll of her eyes. The coo of the alphas name took her sapphire gaze to Nikai, whom she greeted with a little bit more of a friendly smile and a wag or two of her tail. 

"Much as I love my babies, I can't wait to get them the hell out of me. I'm sick of peeing every other minute, not being able to hunt, not being able to do anything but walk. Being cranky, not being able to see where I walk. I could go on and on about how sucky pregnancy is."

Harsh and whiny as her words sounded -- and yes, they sounded -- a tiny smile split her ebony maw. She wouldn't change a single thing in the world, but man couldn't she wait till the day they were born. 

"Is this one yours?"

Eyes again falling on the boy, Amber remembered the news of the dead woman -- she'd had pups, she knew, and despite the fact that one of them had vanished, Amber knew there were a few more around she'd never met. Was this one of them? Day hadn't mentioned any alpha-born pups, but it was always possible. 

Whoops, ghost posted! Will edit!
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
"'Kai!"
She shouted as her brothers dark rump came into view, her tail wagging excitedly as she skipped toward him, beaming. In her maw she held one of her most recent "catches", a frog, mangled and almost torn in two by her treatment of it. She understood that it was maybe a bad idea to eat all the things she ate, especially last time she had eaten a shiny black beetle she'd had a horrid stomach ache. She looked to the woman, squinting as she realized how fat she looked. "Why fat?" She asked, peering at the woman with disdain. She should eat less. 

But out her attention was on her brother, who's side she bounded to, before fixing her gaze on Steady and brandishing the frog. "Eat?" She asked, eyes curious. She dangled it before her brother and Steady, stature proud in the most.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady couldn't help the sympathetic look he gave Amber when she admitted she was quite done carrying the pups. Silently, he admitted she did look uncomfortable, but he would never say that aloud. Well, it shouldn't be too much longer now, should it? he inquired. Thinking back to when Grayday took his mission to Those-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Steady figured any day now, Amber should have the pups. Unless he was wrong about the time frame. But, how much bigger did they need to get? 

His thoughts were interrupted by one of his pups, and he couldn't help but smile down at Nikai. He lowered his head, intending to give the top of his head a lick. He quite liked his nickname for him, wondering if one day it would fully change to "Daddy." Even if it didn't, as long as both pups knew they were loved, he would feel accomplished in doing what he could for them. He had done his best to make it feel like home, like a family, for them.

He lifted his gaze to Amber at her question, nodding. Not biologically, but yes, I consider myself their Dad, he responded honestly. One day, maybe one day soon, he would not bother with the explanation, and instead, simply say "yes." But, with Althaia's death still fresh in his murder, he wanted to honor her. 

His ears and head swiveled as Keoni came into the mix. He gave her a happy expression that quickly turned to shock, then horror, as she so openly called Amber fat. No, dear, he corrected. She's pregnant. She's got babies growing in there, he explained. He wasn't sure how much of that Keoni would actually understand. He shot Amber an apologetic look, a little, or maybe a lot, worried that she would take offense. 

When asked about the frog, he assumed Keoni was asking if she could eat it herself, and he nodded. Yup, looks safe to eat, he responded. He was both happy that she learned to ask what things were safe to eat, and unhappy that she had to learn the lesson at all. But, it was a part of growing up, he supposed. He knew they couldn't have eyes on them one hundred percent of the time, and that they would get into things, but he tried not to feel too guilty about the things that they got into.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai looked up bashfully at the other adult, though still curious. "Hi," he mumbled shyly and looked away, licking his lips submissively before he looked back up at her to see if she would reply. Nikai wasn't per say a submissive child, but he was an easy child, pushed easily in one direction or another and very open to suggestion.

The last half of Nikai's body whirred from left to right as if pulled along by his tail when his sister came into view. He was distracted from the other adult right away by the thing she had in her mouth. It was another one of the marvellous things Keoni brought home, it appeared. "What that?" he asked his sister with his head tilted curiously. The conversation between Steady and Keoni went largely unnoticed, mesmerised as he was and with the attention span of a child.