Heron Lake Plateau only need the light when it's burnin' low
32 Posts
Ooc — Lee
Away
All Welcome 
Ah, woe is him - woe upon woe upon woe! For so long he has lived with veiled sight, peering through rose-tinted eyes and held close to his Madir's breast, and now he has nothing! Nothing! Not a single blade of grass to call his own - alone, Ysengrin wanders without friend nor foe except the world itself, taking it as duty to know the land that has fostered him.

Ysen sighs sometimes - how he wishes Madir were here with him now but no, she must be safely hidden away, lest unkind jaws should find her, waiting for him to come home. And he does not even know where his Madir is, so he trots to take his mind away from her, to lose himself in the tip-tap-tip-tap that is his rhythm. He ignores the burning of his lungs and the aching of his brow, only knows that he must run or she will find his way into his thoughts again.
Ysengrin refers to himself as The Dreamspinner most of the time.

SCOUT - /5 Ambassador - /10
CHRONICLER - /5
Bard - /10 || Historian - /10
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's scent had washed away as soon as he swam though the river onto the mainland as they liked to call it. The older male shook out his thick fur and continued his way. He decided to do something nice for Malice, his Lady, and catch a rabbit for her. The male climbed out of the river around Heron Lake. He knew that Rabbits were not a fan of water so the male moved his way east towards the forest.

As he casually walked in the direction of the forest he wanted to in he started to sense someone approaching him. He lifted his head. The brute of a wolf listened to his surroundings. His nostrils flared and the Lord of the nearby pack stood his ground. "Who goes there?," he called out with his deep voice.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
32 Posts
Ooc — Lee
Away
a wild mar!
he is alone for some time - oh, alone and a-waiting for the sunrise to be well and truly over, for ysengrin is not one to dismiss beauty though he does not partake - ysen revels in this time. time is still, the surroundings themselves are still and only he is alive, running and leaping and bounding unfettered. he lacks chain and master, brings himself to the edge then loses himself in the freefall that is coming down from the high of plunging. left by himself with nature and nought a soul to wonder for him, ysen lingers by the water, paces, spins, finds himself drawing near to other thoughts to avoid his Madir's stellar eyes finding him in his emptiness.

a voice! deep note, ringing timber to bring him from solitude into the company of men - the boy does not resist the command, as is his right to. instead, he calls back, answers the echo of his saviour with his own, lilting reply. 

"the Dreamspinner - aye, it is i, 'tis this wolf's humble self that approaches thee!" ysen is bright, never breaking pace even as he approaches the commander, light-footed and sure of step. the man is darkly hued, dots falling above his brow, the strong visage joining very nicely with the voice that has demanded so surely of itself. fitting! and he, his own birdlike warble neither male nor female as is his body. "might this wolf have the pleasure of your calling, good lord?"

CHRONICLER - /5
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Hahah Yes! Do I spy Arthendal in your profile? :P

Burke's eyes were on the stranger, who seemed to have the same tail situation as him. He raised his own docked tail and his muzzle too. As soon as the other spoke he realized that the male was not here to challenge him. His muzzle lowered and his ears were pushed forward in curiosity. The other spoke differently than he was used to. Interestingly enough, instead of a name he was described what the male did. Not that dreamspinner meant something to the older male. He was rather skeptical.

"You are close to my pack lands, Dreamspinner," he instantly informed. Burke was not going to beat around the bush. He disliked strangers close to his lands. The only exception were the loners that were willing to join his ranks and under his command. This was just a light warning, but the male in would severely dislike it if the male wouldn't heed this words. "Just a fair warning."
32 Posts
Ooc — Lee
Away
you do indeed!
[table width=60%][tr][td]
his eyes roam over the stranger's form - the man is well-built, a stocky figure clothed in the most delicious hues, so ysengrin thinks. and he is not abashed by the way he looks - no, he merely admires, for the male is a thing of beauty to be admired! his words are, of course, taken into consideration by the youth; had not the lovely lady just told him so? and he had supposed, assumed, sought for and found that he was close to a pack - how curious! curious that this should be the very same pack for both lord and lady bear the same scent. ysen's laugh is gentle at the raise of tail and head - his stump of a flag only waves side to side in youthful greeting.
"You are close to my pack lands, Dreamspinner," intones the handsome male and ysengrin does not dispute. do all the pack's members speak their minds so freely? so willingly, especially to outsiders regarding these matters? joy! such treasures the boy has found amongst the dirt! "Just a fair warning."
"fair it is, fair it is," the youth almost sings, nightingale-like in tone. "this wolf shall not dally long here, for close to pack-lands he grows near; lady speaks this once before, and now this wolf see an encore - i truly shall not spend too much time here, good sir!" he rhymes and he quips, bard-in-training that he is. ysengrin bows, and to prove his point he takes steps back. "in truth, i should want to linger more, for a lady of your stature moments past told me of pack-presence near the grouseland and this wolf has been seeking for so long a pack. but i will go soon, for stillness bodes a restless mind."

[/td][/tr][/table]

CHRONICLER - /5
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Yay!

Burke kind of liked his calm tone, which wasn't something that he would admit often. The way of speaking sounded respectful and Burke wasn't Burke if he wasn't keen on being spoken to so respectfully. Burke's attention grew as he mentioned a lady. Did he mean Malice? His Lady? It seemed that Malice was also protecting their hunting lands too if she was the one he talked about.

Burke was bowed to, something that didn't happen often at all. His eyes stayed on the other, considering if this was too much or not. "I assume you met my mate then," he spoke, not naming her because he wouldn't want to call her by the wrong name. "If you are seeking for a pack then I might let you join ours if you are interested," he questioned. The man was respectful enough for his liking.
32 Posts
Ooc — Lee
Away
the boy smiles, nods, dips his head in acknowledgment as he finishes his speech. certainly, he bears no ill will towards this pack the man speaks of. and ah, this lord, though he be blunt, does rouse ysengrin's interest so! his words are sharp and quite delightful, for perhaps unbeknownst to the good lord, they spark alight the sleeping admiration ysen harbours.

he does not laugh this time when the good man speaks of his wife and pack. he would love to, dearly, and of course, the youth is pleasantly surprised to discover the truth of their relationship - but he does not quite know how to approach the matter. so he is silent, serious, eyes losing their lighthearted brightness.

he falls, he trembles in his heart, for he would so dearly love to speak out loud but ah! here it is that he must cull his fool's tongue, in fear that he might speak the wrong word and that should be the end of him! "i believe the good lady was offering a place too."

haltingly, carefully, does ysengrin speak, unsure of his path. "i accepted, and i would, with glad heart accept your offer as well." he quirks a smile, noting 'interest' - of course he is interested, and his laugh then is short, but nonetheless less true than all his other laughs. "interest goes where the heart directs, and my heart rather fancies this pack of yours good sir! this boy would do so much for a home! i am a bard, a wordweaver, and my talent is in the rhythm of silver speech. but if it does soothe whatever fears the good sir might have, this wolf, this dreamspinner is also lightfoot, the scout."

CHRONICLER - /5
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was surprised to hear that Malice had also offered him a place to stay. Had he not accepted it? Burke curiously looked at him. Unsure if he had been willing before, maybe he didn't like the values of their pack. This had been a thing before with other wolves. However the male already answered his question. He had accepted her offer, and he accepted his too.

So this meant they had a new pack member. The male continued to talk about what roles he could for fill in this pack. It sounded very interesting. A word weaver and a scout. Both would combine well, he believed. This word weaver could also think about great stories about Arthendal and spread those fantastic stories. Hmm, yes. "Well, then all I can stay is welcome in our ranks. We could use someone with your skills. Have you been in the territory yet?," he questioned.