Two Rivers Isle Learn to make a pumpkin spice latte, you psychopath
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
All Welcome 
With the help of Malice, her sister by her side, she had made the journey back home certainly more than a little worse for wear. When she finally came to the river, the narrowest part she old find she traversed with a few shaky moments. When finally she reached the other side she stepped shakily up onto the bank, if anything the river helped clean days worth of filth and blood from her normally pristine pelt, now ragged.

Exhausted yet again, she immediately sought the shade of an oak, and collapsing on the bed of leaves turned her gaze to Malice, allowing her without any type of complaint to do as she would. Turning her attention to her mangled back leg, she twisted it awkwardly toward her and begun the heavy task of cleaning it.

only when her tongue sank into a divot did something click, as she carefully nosed over the painful, raw area with unease.

the bitch

nemesis had taken one of her toes. Gone, completely. Her eyes slotted in the mere audacity of the injury as she slowly begun to continue attending the leg that was not all there anymore.
facilis descensus averno
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
More and more had her hatred for the brotherhood and their bitch Nemesis grown - especially when all she could do was worry about Aeronwyn and getting them both home safely. The fire she felt within was beyond her control - something she hadn't felt since that dreadful day she had killed her beautiful mother. It was awful, and yet so familiar and relieving. It showed that she had not lost her upbringing - her reasons for being alive and the ways of the Peak. 

When they reached the river, Malice made sure Aeronwyn would not stumble and fall only to end up drowning. She herself could deal with it, even though her legs were awfully weary and scratched up here and there. She did not follow her sister, instead settling on standing instead and threw her head in her neck.

she called for @Burke and @Pyro alone, since she knew Vassago would stick his muzzle into the possible war that had been presented to them.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
The eldest boy heard the call and, wondering why Malice would call only his sibling and father, went to check it out. Obviously, he'd never been shy, especially when it came to his family, and the chestnut boy strode forward curiously. Chuffing in a greeting, confusion was quick to furrow his brow -- this turned into confusion when his yellow eyes fell on the Warlord, the orbs going wide. 

"What happened?!"

As usual, he wasn't shy in asking for answers he wished for, but perhaps he was learning -- it was less of a demand he'd have voiced at a stranger. His words were for Aero, eyes drawing to her before they even touched on his mother. As usual, he held himself high and proud, but this was tempered with the confusion and sudden anger he felt. Who had dared to hurt his family?
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She did not miss the way that Malice called only for Burke and Pyro, yet none the less was unsurprised when the older boy showed up all the same. She did not care for his abrasive manner, and finished with her leg moved a moment to addressing her bloodied side before turning her cool gaze to the boy.

"This, boy, is what happens when a trained warrior encounters the wolves you so long to challenge." She said dully, words lacking and challenge of crispness as they may have as she moved back to cleaning out a slash on her side, torn ear twitching as she half debated how to attend to that wound. Well, what was left of it. Her missing toes would be an ass to accomidate, yet at least it wasn't a leg. Right now, her main focus was stopping Malice from setting Arthendal upon the Brotherhood and potentially causing widespread devistation.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke heard the howl and instantly rushed towards the borders. It sounded like it was an emergency. Burke frowned when he saw Malice and Aero, and it seemed that Aero was hurt. Why didn't they call Liekos? Burke growled, seeing his son there while he had no business being here, he was not called. He rather disliked Pyro being called too. He brushed past his son to Aero and Nemesis.

"I didn't hear what happened," he spoke instantly, expecting them to repeat it. The large male was kind of tired of his members coming home with all sorts of new wounds, mentally and physically. Burke howled for @Liekos so she could come look at Aeronwyn's toes and ear. "Who did this to you." If only Burke would know then he might have a mild heart attack.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her first cool yellow eyes carried a new fire with them - one that had not been present in a long time. It only intensified when her oldest son had showed up, despite not being called for. She wanted to lash out at him, wanted to throw him in the river to see how well fit he was for the life that he claimed he wanted to devote on taking revenge. She knew not to - even if perhaps Burke wanted to do the same. Vassago was immature for his age and not very good at listening, while her other seemed not fit for physical battle if he were not trained. Malice often thought of letting her youngest study medicine, for a healer was always welcome, but that would be his own choice.

She shot a glare at the wounded female when she revealed what had happened. She knew Vassago took every threat thrown their as a personal assault, that he would only grow more determined to getting revenge, and yet she had just said it. This is why Malice had not wanted him to come. He was not welcome, was not needed to discuss these matters. Vassago, go home or seek your brother to play with. We will discuss this another time. She said in the friendliest tone she could manage, with an undertone of "if you do not do what I say, I'll push  you under water until you beg for mercy".

When her mate arrived, she raced towards him, the same fire in her eyes as perhaps the day they had met. Who do you think could do something this despicable? She spat, running her salmon tongue over her exposed teeth. Nemesis. She answered herself, the name said in the most gruesome way possible.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago's ears slicked back as his mentor icly responded, and it was then he rolled back onto his haunches, head low, yellow eyes watching as he was quiet. It was a rare thing for the boy to look so complacent, but he held Aero in high reguards as the one who'd offered to teach him. 

Burke was the first to growl at him, and the boy whimpered in disbelief -- Pyro had been called for! He kept still, tongue swiping his jaws in anxiety every couple of seconds as he took in information. The dark wolves had done this to the Warlord, that much he knew. When Malice turned to him, the boys pelt rose in fear -- her words made him wince back, and without moving from his hunched position, he let out a soft couple of words.

"You called for Pyro, but I'm not allowed to know? She's family, this is my home too and I should be able to be here too."

In his quiet rebellion, he heard a name -- Nemesis. He didn't know who it belonged to, but it already was stored away in his brain for later use. One day it would come in handy, just like the scent he'd already found on the fur of his mentor. The cream-bellied boy hadn't ever seen his mother this mad.

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Burke arrived, blunt and agitated, and Malice replied, then spoke to Vassago. He did not leave, as she expected him too, but instead voiced his own stubborn opinion. She slowly turned her gaze back to him, but did not speak. His parents could deal with his behavior, she decided. She would not step in, though words died at the tip of her tongue.

Instead, she looked to Burke and replied evenly. " I encountered her past the mountains. I meant to scout the lands near the coast, but ended up heading to far northeast. Obviously her anger had not abated after all these months." So she had encountered an old enemy. They had fought. She had emerged beaten, yet that did not bring cause to the war Malice. Simply a battle against an old enemy. "We are not in danger." she assured him silently, though her meaningful gaze conveyed what she left unsaid. She had not betrayed their secrecy.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke turned to Vassago. "Your brother should not have been called either. Go. He will need you more in this moment," he spoke to his son, hopefully he would understand later that this was none of his business. Burke also hoped Malice would learn by not favoring one of their young so bluntly. Soon those thoughts were vanished when the mentioning of the name Nemesis. Burke staggered of his feet as his heart skipped a couple of beats. He managed to stay on all fours though and flattened his ears.

He was about to ask questions when Aeronwyn started to explain. The male listened intently. Nemesis was still mad was she? Well she could come fight him instead of Aeronwyn. Though what he wanted the most is their secrecy. Sh assured it was being kept but how did she know. "How do you know. She could have followed you," he spoke, sounding rather worried. "How did you even manage for her to bite of your toes," he then asked. An ear he could understand. "You better did some damage to her too."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her blazing gaze landed upon her eldest son. Yes, this is your home - and if you want to stay here, it is important you do nothing irrational. I know how you mean well, but I'm afraid what you are planning will do more harm than good to all of us. She said calmly, but sternly. When you are older, you will understand. She added, to perhaps spark something in him - a desire to grow up and indeed understand why he couldn't go to seek out the Brotherhood. He was not ready - he would perhaps never be ready, and that was perfectly fine.

Malice moved towards her sister, placing a nuzzle to her head if she'd allow it, before settling nearby to calm down. It had been an awfully long and hard trip. She listened to her, wondering how she could have gone off course this badly. The coast was not far - one could smell it from miles. Perhaps her sister had been tired and had not payed attention to the stars that had led the Lady so many times. Maybe it was time for a lesson for Arthendal on how to read the night sky...

Burke,not many times has your paranoia suited me well, but this time I am with you. She said with a tiny smile to perhaps lighten the mood a little. We all know what Nemesis can do. We all know the brotherhood. It is better to assume we are not safe at all. She said with a nod.
~Adopt Avalon!~

sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She closed her eyes slowly, keeping them closed for a beat longer. Normally, she would be able to deal with this easily, but fatigue coupled with pain and even more pain made it more difficult. Burke's remark bothered her greatly, however, and her eyes flew open, gaze heard. Did he doubt her so? Did he believe she was such a yellow-bellied coward that she would allow Nemesis to maim her however she wished and lay there like a pig?

this reverberated deep within her, oddly, brought back to the light a memory she would much rather suppress into oblivion once more. 

"As far as Nemesis knows, you and Pyro are dead. Malice and Vassago's whereabouts remain unknown to her, and I did not flee back here like a child, to bring her to our borders."

her gaze blazed as she looked to Burke, tone chilled. "Do you truly believe that I did her no injury? That I would be such a fool to lead her straight back here?" Though her words were steady, beneath them lay a kernel of hurt. That they could doubt her thus hurt, and she did her best to bury that feeling quickly. "I headed to the coast. I circled, backtracked, and only when I was beyond exhaustion did I come to the mountains once more." She knew that there was an increased risk now, hated herself for it. Nearly six months had she followed them, aided them, and now by chance she might have endangered them, even through her best efforts to spread lies and leave their location a mystery.
facilis descensus averno
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke cleared his throat when Aero started to talk about what happened. Burke was on the edge of his seat. He really wondered what happened after all, and that it was a clear message for him that he should not ever go over these mountains. "I did not mean to offend you. My worry is great. I trust your judgement," he spoke. He just needed more information before he could trust what happened.

"You did well Aero," he complimented her and then briefly looked at Malice. "Once you recovered we can perhaps talk about you becoming the Aide of our pack yes?," he spoke, wanting to reward her loyalty to them. She was one of the most loyal in their pack and that deserves to be known. Burke stepped closer and nudged her cheek, a rather caring gesture. "I didn't mean to talk you down. You mean a lot to us, our fear is great." He knew well that once he would pass away that Aero would be the sole comfort for Malice.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Though his mother and father still urged him to go further into Arthendal, they also kept arguing -- much as he wanted to snap and yell and make them understand that all he planned to do was protect, that Malice could go ahead and kick him out for death, Vassago was smart in holding his tongue and listening from where he sat, looking rather confused. Pyro, in his mind, was fine on his own. His younger brother wanted no part in this or fighting, right? Pyro was fine being Pyro. 

And really, he was confused. Very confused. He picked up only that Nemesis lived on the other side of the mountains, NorthEast, and she was still very, very mad over.... Something. This shed a whole new light on the situation: what had Burke, Malice, and Aeronwyn done to make this Nemesis and her dark wolves so angry? 

He almost missed the most important tidbit of information in a wave of anger towards his mother, but he realized she'd given him just what he'd wanted from the beginning.... A name. 

The Brotherhood. As far as he knew, it was a full name, and he knew now that Nemesis was important, and they were somewhere to the NorthEast, over the mountains. 

Still, silent, Vass listened -- he kept his yellow eyes away from the adults altogether, chosing to stare intently at a dead piece of grass that hung on his creamy paw instead. Of course he listened, waited, but most of all he was trying to sort through the influx of information. They gave him what he wanted, whether it was just because they'd forgotten he was there or because they suddenly trusted him to not be, as Malice said, irrational. It was an eye-opener for the Lordling to be here, to hear the seriousness of it all -- no longer did he belive that he could face them after finishing his training. If they could beat his mentor, the Warlord, how did he think just plain training would do? No, he would have to train much, much longer, and for now, he would play nice for the sake of not being put down. He would allow them to believe he'd forgotten about The Brotherhood and plans of revenge, focus on his training and the Isle.