Two Rivers Isle Learn to make a pumpkin spice latte, you psychopath
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She closed her eyes slowly, keeping them closed for a beat longer. Normally, she would be able to deal with this easily, but fatigue coupled with pain and even more pain made it more difficult. Burke's remark bothered her greatly, however, and her eyes flew open, gaze heard. Did he doubt her so? Did he believe she was such a yellow-bellied coward that she would allow Nemesis to maim her however she wished and lay there like a pig?

this reverberated deep within her, oddly, brought back to the light a memory she would much rather suppress into oblivion once more. 

"As far as Nemesis knows, you and Pyro are dead. Malice and Vassago's whereabouts remain unknown to her, and I did not flee back here like a child, to bring her to our borders."

her gaze blazed as she looked to Burke, tone chilled. "Do you truly believe that I did her no injury? That I would be such a fool to lead her straight back here?" Though her words were steady, beneath them lay a kernel of hurt. That they could doubt her thus hurt, and she did her best to bury that feeling quickly. "I headed to the coast. I circled, backtracked, and only when I was beyond exhaustion did I come to the mountains once more." She knew that there was an increased risk now, hated herself for it. Nearly six months had she followed them, aided them, and now by chance she might have endangered them, even through her best efforts to spread lies and leave their location a mystery.
facilis descensus averno
Messages In This Thread
RE: Learn to make a pumpkin spice latte, you psychopath - by Aeronwyn - November 27, 2016, 01:22 PM