Stone Circle Red shiny ribbon
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
It was raining. The girl peered out from the den into the dimly lit sky, evening having been sped up by the cloud cover overhead. She made aloud noise of displeasure, moving back into the den and setting her head on her paws with a sullen sigh. She wanted to play.

She did not know that she had fallen asleep until she opened her eyes, blinking out at the light outside groggily. It was still raining, but as she slowly woke fully she realized something was wrong. The rain was drifting around, the air sharp and cool, and the sky was a bloodless white, as were the rain droplets.

she burst out of the den quite suddenly, spinning in a circle and gawking at the flakes that surrounded her. The rain was broken! She squealed her surprise, screaming out a moment later "Waz this? STEADY. ETTE. RAIN BROKEN." She turned and screeched into the entrance of the den, demanding their approach were they inside, though her screeching had the potential to draw another by its sheer volume.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
OMG Mom & Dad thread for Val and @Steady! :D

Valette watched with a chuckle at the young girl that reminded her so much about herself and her want to play. The young female was glad when she did get a bit of rest, though that didn't take that long before it was disturbed by a screech. Valette lifted her head and then watched how the pup was bouncing around. Valette pulled herself from the den, looking at the sky that was letting out their snow. She was worried, snow was here already, so early too. That would mean that at the mountain there was already loads of snow.

Valette smiled at Keoni. "It is called snow," she explained to the pup. "It is wet like rain but also cold. Soon the whole ground will be covered in snow. Snow comes in a season called winter." Valette's tail wagged. It seemed that the ground was still warm enough to instantly make the snow melt. Though the hunter was pretty sure that the meadow they hunted on would soon be covered with a thick layer if it kept coming down at this rate.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady was steadily snoozing alongside the others, perfectly content. His ears picked up on Keoni's noise, but as it didn't sound like she was hurt or in trouble, he ignored it. While it was cold outside, it was warm inside the den with the bodies of Valette, Nikai, Keoni and himself producing enough heat to keep it comfortable. He was reluctant to change that.

At least until she announced with a screech that the rain was broken. He moaned, wondering what on earth she meant. He opened his eyes, finding that Valette had moved outside with their pup, and white fluff was falling down. He yawned widely, shifting his body up, and crawled through the entrance of the den. The cold whipped at him, but he did his best to hide his displeasure at being taken from his warm hole. 

As Valette explained snow and winter, it occurred to Steady that it seemed earlier this year. He wanted to ask Valette what their stashes were like, but he refrained, worried he might offend her by worrying about it. She was an excellent provider, and he trusted that she would have the same thoughts as he did. 

With his mind on the already-here winter, he didn't engage in the conversation. Instead, his eyes roamed the immediately area, watching the snow fall.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She listened to Valette with rapt attention, picking up the new words quickly. A particularly fat flake landed on her nose, and she lapped at it crosseyed, it's startling coolness fading quickly on her tongue. Steady too made his exit to stand beside Valette, yet he did not speak, simply glancing around, it seemed. She grinned at the exciting newness, but the grin turned to a gasp when a particularly violent gust of wind made leaves and snow fly alike, and she beelined toward Valette as suddenly cold had spread along her body.

she dove between the woman's forelegs, pressing up against her fur with a shudder. "Cold!" She gasped, eyes wide, peering at the blowing snow as if it might eat her. she harrumphed loudly, peering at the snow in distaste, but soon it settled down again and she slipped from Valette's form to inspect the snow again.

peering at Steady with a glint in her eye, she made a wary approach until she stood but a short distance from him, then with a cry swept a burst of snow toward him with a paw, giggling and darting away, absolutely delighted with the snow, (however less than with the cold).
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed Steady was coming from the den too, who didn't look too pleased about it. She leaned against him as she was sitting down. Then at least a bit of his side stayed warmer. Her hazel green eyes were on Keoni though who was clearly exploring. A gust of wind chased the pup between her legs, which made Valette smile and lick over the top of her head to tell her it was alright. That was actually really cute. She peeked to the side at Steady.

"Soon you will get your winter fur and you won't be cold anymore," she promised to the pup who was clearly up to something. When she playfully swept some snow towards Steady Valette had to smile. That was what he get for wanting to be their dad, now he was out in the cold and having to play with the coldness too. Valette had to hold a smile back.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was distracted with thoughts of the winter, and not really paying attention to Keoni or Valette, thought their voices did register in his head. However, it was more their tone than their words. Automatically, his brain scanned for signs of alarm. Finding none, he didn't bother to try and register the words, or the sudden silence from his daughter.

Abruptly, he was assaulted with a soft, but very cold, substance. His eyes showed his shock as turned, and his caught the retreating form of Keoni. His mood instantly changed from somber and serious, to playful and happy. I'm gonna get'chu! he hollered after her.  He ran after her, a smile upon his face and laughter bubbling up from his chest. He tried to kick up some snow with a front paw and swipe it towards her, hoping to get her back.

Then he noticed Valette, standing there all alone, and a smirk came upon his maw as he lowered his head, openly mock-stalking her. His eyes gleamed with mischief as he wondered if she would run or face off with him. If he ran, he would chase her. If she stood her ground, he would playfully attack her. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had been asleep, but when he heard the commotion his sister made he awoke. First ears perked up, followed by his head. Nikai yawned long and wide and then blinked drowsily while he listened to Keoni's excited shouting outside. He was used to his sister being excited, so it was only when he noticed the strangely bright outside that Nikai's interest was piqued. "What's dizzle?" he mumbled to himself and he clambered to his feet to look from the den's mouth.

His mouth opened in surprise as he watched the gently drifting snowflakes. Outside, Steady was chasing Keoni and they were throwing the white stuff at each other. It was a magical moment, and his awe was apparent in the way his eyes widened in surprise. "Keenie, look!" he called out gleefully and Nikai trotted outside, into the snow. Soon, though, he realised how cold and weird-feeling the snow was and this resulted in him walking around like a cat wearing socks; large, clumsy steps with a shake of his paw to each step as he shook the snow back off. "Heehee!" Nikai giggled at the funny feeling the snow gave and he continued to stomp around while his tail wagged.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She let out a rambunctious giggle as Steady gave chase, delighting in the play, though soon enough she herself was covered in a wave of powdery white. She gave a happy shriek at the sudden assault, whirling around to see Steady facing off playfully against Valette, and that her brother had finally made an appearance. "Kai!" She called out joyfully, trotting toward him, tail high. 

Sure, she could say Nikai pretty well now, but she certainly preferred the nickname he had had since she could first talk. She skidded to a halt before her, telling him with great excitement the word she had just learned. "Snow! Is snow!" She told him, eyes gleaming as she swiped a paw full of snow at his legs, testing to see how he would receive her invitation to play. She certainly had become far more gentle with her brother, and loved him greatly.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had to giggle when seeing Steady chase after Keoni and how the pup let out such a happy squeal. She watched them with fondness in her eyes. She had been hesitant about this all in the beginning but these youngsters were making her smile everyday. Then she noticed Steady coming towards her. She watched the mischievous expression, feeling a light flush coming over her. Though the young female was quick to play. She sank through her front legs and jumped from side to side so it was a bit harder for him to tackle her.

The kids were playing together too and it was adorable to see that sibling bond develop, something that she had lacked. But she wasn't bitter about it, on the contrary, she was happy for them that they got to experience it. With that brief distraction Valette was quite easy to tackle down. She let out a yip herself and flopped over on her back almost automatically. She playfully nipped towards Steady, not even trying to make them into hits just having fun.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Valette ducked to the side and Steady ran past her, though quickly turned to face her again, his tail wagging, and a bright smile upon his face. He was momentarily distracted by Nikai's appearance, but was glad to see he was joining in on the play with Keoni. The boy looked almost like a fish out of water as he walked through the snow, but his giggles were a clear indication that he was having fun. 

His attention returned to Valette, and he seen she was distracted, as well. He took the opportunity to try and tackle her, and he found himself looking down at her as she rolled onto her back. She mouthed and nipped at him, but he was suddenly taken aback by his heart thumping rather heavily in his chest. His expression serious in this moment of play, he didn't return her nips. Instead, he simply looked down at her for a moment, suddenly wondering what it would be like to see her as more than a co-parent. 

Breaking his trance, he growled playfully, swiping a paw through the snow at her neck, trying get some on her. He hopped off of her then, his attention going back to the pups and distracting him from Valette. He was glad Keoni and Nikai got along so well, knowing this play would strengthen their relationship that would hopefully go well into their adulthood. 

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
"Snow!" Nikai repeated while his tail wagged excitedly and he stomped around the snow comically. "Snow snow snow!" His little dance-and-sing got interrupted only by Keoni showing up in front of him and swatting snow at him, her body language implying that she wanted to play.

Nikai was momentarily distracted by Steady and Valette playing in the snow, but then he lowered into a play bow, shivering a little from the cold. "Rrrrr!" he said in a half-'brr', half-growl, while he lowered himself to the ground and swiped his nose through the snow; sending bits of snow flying towards his sister and leaving a pile of cold white on the tip of his nose.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
She giggled happily as her brother engaged in play; hardly noticing the leading pair as they had their own play. Far too focused was she on Nikai, and copied his actions as she dipped her muzzle into the snow, jerking it up and sending a burst of snow at him in turn.

cross eyed as she looked at the cold snow on her muzzle, emitting anoter giggle at the fact that now the snow was on her, she dpopped onto her side, rolling happily in the snowy powder and in this way, straight oward Nikai.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette laid in submission under him and didn't mind it one bit. However she did flush when his eyes roamed over her. She glanced away but was soon covered in snow. Valette let out a playful back and jumped to her feet as soon as Steady allowed her by moving away. She was pretty smitten with the male too and chased after him. With him distracted the female playfully jumped him. She was not much of a fighter so her stance would probably be all wrong defense wise but she didn't care. She wouldn't mind to be pressed against the ground again.

However she did notice that the pups might be getting cold. She got herself off Steady, their coats were thicker than those of the pups who had to get used to making a thick coat. At least in her eyes. She watched them play for a moment too before breaking it all up. "Alright, lets go in side," she spoke as she herded them towards the den. "More playing later," she assured and then looked at Steady as she said that. Perhaps it was a bit suggestive but Valette was going to leave that out in the open for him to use.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He missed her blush, but the opportunity to swipe some snow on her was not lost as she glanced away. He was successful, but made the mistake of getting distracted by their pups. Before he knew it, Valette was pouncing him, and he playfully rolled onto his side, ready for another round of wrestling with her.

But, she, too, got distracted, and pointed out that it was time to inside. He righted himself to follow her, pausing at her words. He grinned, not missing the innuendo, and came up behind her as she walked toward the den. He couldn't help himself. He attempted a love nip at her flank, his eyes watching her to see her reaction. If he overstepped his boundaries, he knew she'd tell him in an instant. It was part of what he liked so much about her. She had no fear of telling him what was what.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai giggled as a beam of snow flew in his face, then as Keoni looked at the snow on her nose. "Finny eyes!" he noted as she looked so cross-eyed at the snow on the bridge of her nose. Then he started to pounce around at random places in the snow, chasing non-existent prey around.

He was so caught up in this game he almost didn't notice Keoni rolling towards him. Only at the last moment he realised she was heading towards him and he tried to jump over her. However, because he was so late he wasn't in time and ended up falling on top of his sister rather than on her other side. Considering she was still rolling he was quickly thrust into the snow in front of Keoni, and they both came to a standstill, Nikai giggling as he was covered in snow by now.