Golden Glade what's up ma?
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Food. It seemed to be at the forefront of Eden's mind each day and night. She didn't necessarily mind the courteous gifts from her mate, but she'd never been one to depend on others. So, once the world was awake around her, Eden rose from Sylvas's grasp and shook away the sleep from her fur before heading directly into the tunnels. Her mind was set on the cache, yet once she got there, her thoughts wandered to Aspen.
Admittedly, Eden was neglecting her duties as midwife, so once she'd had her fill, she grabbed a chop and headed toward the Alpha's den. She chuffed her presence, tossed a silly face to the four royal children, and waited for Aspen to invite her inside.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched the tunnel entrance the general come and go of the various wolves that now inhabited them. She smiled as she saw Eden turn into the tunnel that led to her den with food in her mouth. Aspen sat up the pups squabbling at her feet and offered the female a friendly smile and a chuckle as eden pulled a face at the pups. "Afternoon Eden, come in" Aspen smiled warmly with a wag of her tail.
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden took a step in after flashing a smile to Aspen and began a small examination of the pups. When she got to Tigerlily, she took care to plop a playful boop on her head, then moved to lay opposite of Aspen using her forelegs for support. Just thought I'd check in and make sure everyone was doing well in development and such. They look like they're doing okay, so congratulations on that much. Eden smiled and sighed, for the next topic made her a bit gloomier than that of the children.
But how are you? she asked of the Queen, I know that motherhood can be rough, especially the first time. If you're...if you're feeling down or if you need some of the load taken off...I just want to make sure that you're as healthy as they are. I don't want you hurting yourself or anyone else. Eden chose her words carefully, yet remained sincere. There were tales of women who were so overwhelmed with motherhood that they resorted to taking the lives of their young, so Eden planned to do whatever she could to prevent it, if there was something to prevent.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled as Eden complimented the progress of the queens children and offered the fae a cuurt nod. Eden then proceeded to question how the queen was doing in herself if being her first time at motherhood and such. "I'm doing alright, I've been less tired lately as these four have finally learned how to sleep some, I've started to see their personalities come out a bit more too," she said with a soft chuckle.

"More than anything I'm not usually tired or stressed I just end up feeling like im useless to the pack you know. Here I am alpha queen but I barely do anything around here. I mean sure I have my pups and thats continuing the line but I need to get out more. When these guys are able to start going further and out into the world more, then I know that I would be okay to do those things, but with your litter coming, and Heartha with hers. It's tough to find a babysitter sometimes. Alder has been helping out but you know, hes got most of the leadership duties on him right now because shalon is travelling with Freya," she stated with a soft roll of her shoulders. She hated rambling but at the same time, it was good that she was getting this off her chest. Without Shalon being around she realized she had been bottling most of this stuff up.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Don't beat yourself up about it, Eden cooed. Being a mom is hard work. This is where you need to be; the outside work is being taken care of. There was a sigh and a soft laugh before she continued, But I'd love to babysit if you ever need some fresh air. Eden liked the idea of tiny feet pitter-pattering around the den, though she knew that her offer wouldn't stand for long.
Word of advice though, act while you still can. I'll be bursting pretty soon myself, you know. She laughed and ran a paw over her furless belly for emphasis. Within the next few weeks, more pups would be in the world, and Eden wouldn't be going anywhere for quite a while after.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen chuckled softly as Eden spoke of babysitting the pups though she ought to do it while she still could. Eden was very right. She too would be out of action soon and that meant there were fewer and fewer wolves working to sustain the pack. She had no doubt they could manage though. 

"That's true. I appreciate the offer, I doubt it will be too much longer before I can be out and about doing work and trusting that the pups will stay out of...trouble," she stated as she glanced down at the mound of furs.

"There personalities are starting to show more day by day, thankfully there is definitely a difference between the twins," she laughed. She didn't know what she would do if they were the exact same wolf.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Yes, Eden agreed, it won't be much longer now. I'm glad that there's some difference between them. There were twins in my home pack -- daughters of our lead hunter -- who were exactly alike in every way. If you didn't know there were two of them, you might've thought they were the same wolf. Eden thought back to her childhood playmates, a small glimmer of joy shining in her eyes. It had been years since she treaded that territory, but she still missed it all the same. 
Eden looked back to her Queen and with a longing for a change in conversation and thought (the pups had been consuming her mind lately, both those born and those yet to be born) before bringing forward another point. You've met my mate, Sylvas, correct? She remembered Alder's distance when Aspen gave birth, and she wondered what it was like to give birth on your own. She wasn't sure she wanted Sylvas in her den just yet, but she couldn't imagine keeping him from their children.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as Eden spoke of a set of twins from her old pack who were identical in everyway. "Oh my gosh, I don't think I could handle that," she spoke with a chuckle. Eden went on to question the queen about her mate Sylvas.

The silver fae nodded. "No not yet," she spoke. "I have every intention of it soon however," she stated. It was true, she had every intention of going out and finding him. He was the only member of this pack she hadn't met yet. Mind you it was for the fact she had four little ones running around. Still, she wanted to know more of this mate of hers. "What's he like," she questioned wondering what eden would say about him.

I say that she hasn't met him yet since the topic of babysitting was technically just starting to be brought up in this thread versus the one where she meets Sylvas and had asked Eden to babysit. Hope this is alright
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden offered a dopey smile and a deep sigh as she plopped down beside Aspen. Where do I start, she said, young and in love, He's so...nice. He's kind and compassionate, and I really he believe he would do anything for us. He just up and left his old home because he knew we needed a pack and I...I don't know. No one had ever been that good to me. She looked up at the Queen, slightly embarassed by her unwarranted gushing over the young brute. Is that how Alder makes you feel, too?
english · french
· republic of auros ·
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled warmly as she listened to Eden speaking about her mate all good things. "I'm glad to hear it," she spoke softly. "Seems like you got yourself a solid guy there Eden," she added with a big smile and a soft chuckle. She was happy that Sylvas made her happy. 

Eden questioned if that was how Aspen felt around Alder. "Yeah, but it's so much deeper than that now that the kids are around. When I first met him something about him told me he had a story and I wanted to know it. I wanted to know him. I felt safe around him and like nothing could ever hurt me again. Now that we have this pack and our children I get to see him be a father and raise our children the way we wished we both had. It's comforting and even now I see how protective he is of me and of them. I truly do love him," she spoke straight from the heart.

"We don't really say it to each other but we know deep down. It's the little things that matter most," she spoke softly. She knew she never really said it much anymore or really showed it and it gave her a whole new outlook on things. Despite events that happened in the past she definitely did still love Alder and she knew after this conversation she wanted to spend some time with him alone and make sure he knew just how much she cared.
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Love is a beautiful thing. Eden gave Aspen a sweet smile before taking in a deep breath and pushing herself to stand. It was time for her to go, tend to some things, and seeing that there wasn't much left for her in the Alpha den, she felt comfortable leaving the small family. I'm never more than a call away, the young midwife assured her friend. Then, she was gone, back down to her own den where she could prepare for her birth.
english · french
· republic of auros ·