Northstar Vale I was born in a thunderstorm
3 Posts
Ooc — Helia
Joining 
pardons if I have misinterpreted the pack information and get something wrong. Looking for any of the Duskvale pack

It wasn't the peculiar shape of the mountains nor the crystalline pool, still beautiful even in winter, that drew her to the protected cove. It was the subtle scent of others on the wind as she roamed closer to the land they must occupy. Naturally a curious girl, Prunn decided to investigate. Surely if worst came to wear she could turn tail and flee from any aggressive canids she encountered.

It was upon finding that she couldn't discern a prominent border that the female grew uneasy. "Odd," she mumbled to herself, glancing around at the entirely too loud noise to see if any had heard. In her times as an Omega she had learned caution like one learns to breathe; it simply became a part of life. Prunn's body lowered instinctively, tail down submissively but nose up to sniff at the scents on the wind with interest. 

What a strange place to live. Is it magic? The grass was browned but she could tell it would be a vivid shade of green in the warm seasons, the rivers were almost too tiny as they were little more than trickles winding through the grass. The scents were stronger here but she saw no one. Prunn paused where she was, debating going further. If she were to leave now that would mean never satisfying her curiosity. If Prunn were to stay that might mean facing an aggressive pack wolf who might call for backup. 

Halted with indecision, Prunn's eyes flicked between the way she had come and the way that would lead her further into the territory.
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It was the Fifth wolf who found her that day, as he stalked along the not-quite borders of Duskvale, marking randomly every so often but not really sticking to a path -- rather than marking, Zephyr was peeing on things to show he was here, he was a constant presence, a silent senteniel even when he traveled with the unit. Today, he'd wandered away as the pack settled in a bit of shade, looking to establish his presence and prove to Warbone and Saena that he really was fit to be a part of Duskvale. 

She held herself low, and that was good for someone who was so used to patrolling regularly and warding off those who were too close. It was akin to Shadowfax, in the ways that strangers weren't exactly unwelcome, but thinking of that just made protectiveness surge within his heart. Protecting both himself and her, Zephyr qualled those emotions and approached -- his tail was raised, hackles flaring ever so slightly, and ears fanning around him. 

"You're on the lands of Duskvale, stranger -- what is your business here?"
3 Posts
Ooc — Helia
He seemed to emerge from nowhere, or perhaps he had been there the whole time, surprising her and causing her frame to give a small jerk. He was tall and dark, though some white patches could be found in the mix, with green eyes and a scar across his nose. Prunn took this information in with a cursory glance as she seemed to suddenly flop onto her side in a grey blur.

With little hesitation, she wriggled onto her back in submission; belly up in a movement that was half instinct and half learned. The male wasn't being overly aggressive with her, and he certainly hadn't tried to harm her. Still Prunn found it better to submit now and perhaps be found acceptable. 

"I was just wandering," she admitted softly, still in a vulnerable position and slightly embarrassed at being found. He looked funny upside down, Prunn found with a thought of amusement.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
She had found a strange scent trial, and purely by instinct had she bristled and her hackles risen, but remembered quickly the ways of this pack and simply followed the prints and the scent, obviously and the lights blanket of snow.

she was not first to greet the stranger,  who held herself low and passive, and her eyes flickered the the fifth. The was seventh, lowliest of the low, but she had just as much a right to be here as him; for she contributed as she should. 

She he rounded the female to stand a short distance from the dark male, silent yet proud, her high ears and tail showing it clearly as she beheld the other with a critical eye. Word were not needed, for they had already been spoken. Instead, when the female flipped, she stepped forward and thoroughly inspected her, sniffing her underbelly, and when she found her to be in good health did she step back, a small smile on her features a moment, and then her muzzle was tipped back to call for @Saena or @Warbone, as well as whoever else may come. "I call for the firsts." She explained with another small smile.
what's done is never done
385 Posts
Ooc —
You got everything right as far as I'm concerned, Helia :)

Warbone was stalking Zephyr, following his urine trails in a miffed sort of way. He was no longer keen on letting his members mark their borders -- an activity that would soon be reserved for himself and Saena exclusively -- but since he hadn't yet made word that it was disallowed, he figured now was as good a time as any to bring it up. Catching the fifth in the act felt most ideal, but before he could watch the male do any more scent marking, a stranger attracted the attention of himself and two of his pack.

The wolf waited in the wings, watching as his wolves began to converge on the stranger in their midst; he came forward only when the seventh made a call for him. The eye of the cyclops traveled approvingly over his mates, lingering on Minna before finally settling on the rolled-over newcomer. his body language changed, strengthening possessively, as he made a sound in his throat that bade Zephyr and Minna to allow him to inspect the stranger first.

If she allowed him, he sought to bury his nose against her chest, and travel down to her exposed belly and genitals.
if sins were etched into the surface of bones,
i’d need another skeleton to record all my wrongs
VI
Maybe The Rain Is Our Tears During Our Cloudiest Hours, & The Thunder and Lightning Are Sounds Of Our Hearts Breaking.
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As he showed himself, the stranger tossed herself to her back -- Minna was right behind him, coming up beside him in her own show that didn't in the least bother Zephyr. They were equal as far as standing goes, and as the Duskvale Seventh stepped forward to investigate, so did the ebony brute. He was less intrustive, choosing only to reach his head out to snuffle at her sides. 

Minna called for the First wolves, but it seemed Warbone was right on his tail -- Zephyr's apple gaze watched as his leaders body language commanded the situation. Stepping back and allowing his own tail and head to fall below Warbones, the Maverick watched the three before him with a mixture of wariness and curiosity.
3 Posts
Ooc — Helia
Her nerves shot upwards as not far behind the dark male followed two agoutis, one female and one male. The female was smaller and had a browner tint to her coat, Prunn noticed from her prone spot on the ground. They were a mostly silent bunch it seemed, which didn't do much for the sudden idea that sprung to her mind about being attacked. It would be quite the way to die, belly up and unable to defend herself effectively. 

Prunn bade herself to lie still as first the agouti male, obviously someone of high ranking here, sniffed her extensively followed by the other two who followed through with a less thorough sniffing. Prunn supposed she should have been embarassed by the soft whine of complacency that left her throat but she wasn't. She would do whatever she had to in order to survive. If rolling onto her back and allowing strangers to sniff her was the way to do so, so be it. 

When their investigation was done, Prunn remained where she was; watching the trio around her with a mixture of caution and anticipation. Anticipation for what, she was unsure. "I'm Prunn," she offered, wondering if perhaps they might like to know her name now that they had taken liberties to sniff all over her.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
Her first came quickly, and she stepped back, having finished her inspection beforehand and allowing him to do as he wished now. She was silent, simply watching as she observed the actions of the two, for it was not her place now to but in and speak her own mind. Prunn, as she was called, posed no problem to her, and her relaxed demeanor as she stood a short distance behind her first showed this clearly.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Satisfied that she had allowed him free rein to explore her, Warbone nudged the newly introduced Prunn and stepped aside so that she might get to her feet. "You are welcome here, Prunn," the towering wolf rumbled, his thick tail wagging as he glanced towards Minna and Zephyr to make sure they agreed with his inclination not to ward the submissive female away. "I am Warbone. These are my wolves Zephyr and Minna, part of my pack, as you have surely gleaned by now." He canted his head at the salt-and-pepper newcomer, his eye traveling along the scar on her face. "Are you merely passing through... or would you like to meet the rest of us?"
VI
240 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
oh my gosh I totally didnt realize it was my turn I'm so sorry! Poke me if I take too long next time! D: Sorry it's a crappy post but unless we do more in-thread meeting this is probably my last post? He'll just kind of listen and agree to whatever Warbone says anyways lol

Warbone's reaction commanded Zephyr's real opinion of the girl, despite the fact that her reaction had instinctually pleased him -- and, morally, made his heart bleed -- because the First, beside being the commander, was a respected man of Zephyr personally. Once he was satisfied, the ebony brute's tail wagged, and he jerked his chin smoothly up to show both she really was okay to stand and that he approved of her to his packmates. Seeing as he'd already been introduced by Warbone, the man stayed silent, but his body was overly relaxed at the prospect of yet another friend, packmate, and most importantly playmate.
385 Posts
Ooc —
Without answering him, the potential pledge suddenly got to her feet and dashed away without provocation. Warbone's tail lashed, and he turned to his compatriots, bidding them to return to the group without him. Setting his scarred mask into a deep frown, the wolf slowly trudged after the intruder to make sure that she would leave the vale and not return.