Stone Circle logic
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
@Steady. If ya couldn't tell, Belle has her eye on ya!
The next few days would be spent foraging and tracking, so Belle was sure to prioritize socialization while she still could. With one wolf in particular, her mind raced with strategy. She could never honestly love anyone, but if pretending would benefit her in the long run then Belle could be one hell of an actress. As she prettied herself in a square of fallen leaves, Belle whipped back and called forth the Alpha. 
She was no rookie either. All of her relationships were purely political, as she'd been taught.
Feelings get in the way, Belle. If you want to get ahead, then use common sense. Logic will get you much farther than a broken heart will.
She would call on him under the guise of wanting more information about the pack, which would have to go one for at least a week or two [[i]a week? No, I might have to play it safe with this one.]. Then, when the time was right, she would make a move. Subtle, yes, but bold enough for him to notice. That's how she would gauge her success -- his reaction to her touch.
Genius! Bound to work! After all, it'd never failed her before.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
To be honest, Steady had thought little about the newest member of Easthollow. With the responsibility of protecting the pack, and co-parenting Nikai and Keoni, his brain seemed to leave little space for anything else. So, when the howl rang out for him, he was a little surprised.

He changed his direction and headed towards where the howl had came from. When Mirabelle came into view, he gave her a friendly smile and a wag of his tail. This time around, he was less dominant and more friendly, as he always was with the wolves within the family. Hello, Mirabella, he greeted. How can I help you? he asked. He figured there was something specific she wanted since she had called him. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
A coy smile danced on her lips in response to Steady's friendly demeanor. She took on a confident air, though remained neutral in the way that anyone would their superior. Steady, she greeted with a respectful dip of her head. She didn't much fancy playing the schoolgirl kissass, but if it was what she had to do, then she would do it. I just had a few basic questions. Just so I can learn the pack's rules. I'd rather not intrude.
For one, I'd like to start an herb cache. Is there one already established that you would prefer I use, or is it safe to assume that I can start my own? Now she was sitting back on her haunches, a curious tilt about her head. That's another thing. Does it matter where exactly I den? Is there somewhere we, as a family, are all set? They were innocent questions, though the melodic lilt to her voice was just prominent enough to be picked out.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady wagged his tail, glad to see that Mirabelle was comfortable enough here already that she gave off an air of confidence. He assumed that meant she was liking it here and settling in nicely. When she admitted she asked some questions, he sat back on his haunches, giving her his full attention. 

Well... Althaia, Keoni and Nikai's mother, was our medic, and I assume she had a cache, possibly around her den, but I'm not really sure, he admitted. But, you're welcome to look for it, or make your own, he added. He shook his head side to side at her next question. There isn't a pack den area. We sleep, or make our dens, where we feel comfortable. Valette was sleeping at Stone Circle, but she mostly stays with the pups and I now, so you're welcome to stay there. He hoped that helped her make a decision on where she'd like to sleep. 

Have you met any of the others? he asked, wondering if she had socialized at all. They were all kind of busy with duties, though, so maybe she hadn't run into anyone yet. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Of course he shared his place with Valette. It only made sense, Belle figured, that the two leaders be near each other, but she was smart enough to know that's not all there was to it. Is Valette your mate, then? Sure, it was a bold question, but Belle was never a fan of sugar coating. 
I have, yes, Grayday and Amber. Though I can't say that either of them are too keen on getting to know me. Belle didn't really mind being disliked, but she didn't understand. It didn't make sense to her that a woman who was a stranger only days before could have so much resentment for her. Belle wasn't bothered either way.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He supposed it didn't surprise him that Mirabelle asked if Valette was his mate. They were taking care of pups together, and residing in the same den. But, not all was as it seemed, and the dark male shook his head side to side. No, we're not. Just raising the pups together, he replied. 

He looked a little perplexed when Mirabelle confessed that two of his other family members weren't exactly thrilled with getting to know her. Why not? What happened? he asked, fully interesting in knowing. In the early days of his leadership, Steady had been stressed in needing to know all that went on between the pack members, especially if they weren't getting along. These days, however, he generally tried to let them work things out between themselves, as it usually turned out alright. He knew Grayday could be shy towards new members, if that was the right way to describe it. But, Steady thought his brother had always made an attempt to welcome their new member. Did Amber have something to do with that change? Or was Mirabelle sensitive to Grayday's normal response to those he didn't know? 

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Because the male seemed intrigued enough into their conversation, as well as the additional security of knowing that he wasn't mated to Valette, Belle took the liberty of adjusting her stance so that her chest was puffed and her tail wrapped 'round her gracefully placed legs. That must be difficult then, having her so close to home and yet there being no official connection between you two, correct? There must be some sort of emotional link between you. Her voice carried a suggestive lilt and her head was cocked curiously to the side, but she was careful to remain polite and mind her manners around the superior.
I've never been mated myself. Love never was my forte, to be quite honest with you. I think I work better alone, anyway. She snorted under her breath but quickly regained her composure, once again focusing her amber eyes on Steadys'. Maybe that's why the others aren't too fond on me; I've been alone for so long that I'm not sure I even remember how to function in a pack. I hope you have a lot of patience. Belle flashed another friendly smile, yet this one had a hint of genuine longing behind it. Not so much a need for his affection in a romantic way, but rather a call for comfort in anyway he might offer. She had been alone for most of her life, this was true, but she wanted something more than solitude and Steady seemed to have the key.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Mirabelle seemed to be rather interested in his relationship with Valette, which peaked Steady's interest. Was she simply trying to figure out their dynamic here or was she herself interested in the Alpha? Steady wasn't a vain wolf, and choose to believe she was just trying to figure them out. I don't know if I'd say it's difficult. Valette is easy to be around, whatever the circumstance. And whether there is an official anything right now, who knows what the future will bring. He knew he felt something for Valette, but he wasn't going to tell Mirabelle before he told his Beta. That just seemed wrong.

Seemingly proving him correct that she wasn't interested in him, Mirabelle went on to explain that love wasn't really her thing. He gave her a gentle smile. Ezekiel was like you, he said, remembering his former Beta. He came from a tough background, and wasn't accustomed to our easy-going lifestyle here. It took him some time, but eventually he realized his old life was behind him, and this was the new life he wanted. So long as you feel like this is what you want, I think you'll do just fine, he assured her. Though, he knew there might be a chance that pack life wasn't for her, he wanted to give her the opportunity and the time to adjust to see if her loner days were behind her.