Shadewood tlaloc
120 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
it occured to arunik'ra that their caches, while attended, still needed stocking -- especially if both she, giana and asherah were all expecting. the winter was an unkind time to conceive, and while she did not worry for her own brood (for they would meet teeth the second their squalling mouths met air), she worried for asherah and giana's condition. if they grew sick, or suffered some complication from birthing, it was best to not have their stocks wanting.

as she nosed through the shadewood, she wondered if either peppermint or baby's breath could be found at the base of the forest. peppermint she knew could grow in darker climates, but was certain baby's breath was a mountainous flora.
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He had removed the bones and herbs from his bag, placing them in his den before he set out to find what herbs remained before frost finally came, locking the precious plants away until spring. As he gathered, he did not discriminate; any healing herbs were useful now, with his job on the line. While he would love to have nightshade or hemlock, such plants would contaminate the others. The search for those beauties would be saved for later.

The Doktor carried quite a bounty with him in his bag, but it was still not enough. More herbs abounded somewhere. Luckily for him, even at the cusp of winter, the Hinterlands were still a place of plenty. And he was not alone I'm his search for last minute herbs. The familiar, female scent of the Malkaria caught his nose, dragging him from his search to greet this new test subject packmate of his. You are Malkaria, no, Fräulein? He approached her, smirking over the bag held tight in his jaws.
120 Posts
Ooc —
the sunspear paused from her rumination, her narrow jaw inches from the ground -- atop her head her long ears flickered elegantly. she had heard a noise -- with a cervinesque start to her frame she lifted her head and examined her surroundings carefully.

it would appear she was not alone; a male was making headway towards her, his progress burdened by some strange bulk carried between his jaws. arunik'ra felt her posture stiffen and she regarded him silently, even as he closed the distance and addressed her. it appeared it was not only the strange bag that impeded his speech, but also his accent: it was thick and strange, not at all like the fluted and delicate utterances of her mother tongue.

she thought it clever that he had devised a way to carry his wares, but did not yet utter it. "i am." she asserted, a flush of pride in her chest. "and you?" she could tell by his scent he was part of her clan, but she was really inquiring as to who he was.
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He placed the bag down, the departure of its heavy weight sublime. He sighed, twisting his neck side to side, up and down to pull out the tension. He stilled his movements, watching her face on now. My name is Doktor Bastian Höffner, He nodded towards her in greeeting, Und you are?
120 Posts
Ooc —
she watched him as he placed the wares to the ground, and for a moment her gaze tore to the contents to ravenously categorize them. while he was craning his neck to relieve his sore muscles of their tension, she was taking stock -- unfortunately, she was a terrible herbalist.

he gave his name freely, though the names were not at all familiar to her. "i am arunik'ra." she answered simply, giving no mention of either her deportment or her relation to the ekar-aji. "tell me, doktor bastian höffner -- how long have you been in the malkarian fold?"
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
His hind leg came up, scratching first at his ear, then his neck. One eye squinted at the effort, but he listened to the woman all the while. Ach, not for very long, The leg descended and he shook himself. Perhaps 'alf a moon? I met Fräulein Asherah a vhile back; she pushed me in zee right direction, In just that half-moon, winter crept even closer to them, frost appearing on the plants in the morning. He was glad he was not alone in searching for herbs; the many pregnant women in their pack needed it. You are a founder, zhen, Fräulein — Miss — Arunik'ra? 
120 Posts
Ooc —
she watched as he scratched himself deftly with a hind limb; how she ached for that flexibility -- how a slight sting of envy coursed through her.

she made no mention of it, though for once she inwardly cursed the roundness of her belly.

the male's astute observation caused her to lift her gaze to his, her bright yellow eyes unblinking much like an owl's. "one could say so." she said, her thin lips peeled back in a grimace. "what do you carry with you?"
Zee Gut Doktor
62 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She seemed surprised by his observation, though her curt reaction was strange  She had nothing more to say about it? No spiel about Molech? Strange, for these Malkaria, especially for one who would be a founder. Perhaps she was just surprised.

She asked about the bag, something which exciting him immediately. Oh, usually I 'ave lots of zhings, but I left most of it in zhe Copse, Which was a blessing, given how heavy it was now. I usually 'ave a few bones in zhere — I put tallies and such on zhem —, diff'rent 'erbs, roots und such I 'ave been collectink along the way, sometimes a little rat for snacks, but right now? Lots und lots of 'erbs: all zhat I could find.