Raven's Watch Nutmeg Wings
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Private 
@Israel 

It had taken a while to make a decision, whether to proceed further South or not. On the one hand Birk recognized the tantalizing smell of adventure on the other he felt that he had explored enough for time being and that he would very much like to return to the point he had started at - The Big Lake. The knowledge that he would definitely meet pretty girls on the other side of the mountain range was the one that set him on the path that led back.

After carefully steering around the claimed lands, the man arrived at a spot he was sure he had visitted before in not too distant future. And soon enough he thanked all great gods above, for there on the bank lied a reasonably big, half-eaten fish. Apparently the predator had been disturbed by someone or simply been too full to eat it whole. Birk did not have to be told twice, he pounced at the remnants, picked them up and carried away until he found a good place to settle down for a meal. Food at the beginning of the day was definitely a good sign!
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Israel crouched in the shadows of the underbrush. She had witnessed the bear catch three fish fairly quickly, and although the bear had eaten its fill and left several moments before, she remained in awe of the skill with which it swiped fish from the stream with one massive paw. It had lumbered away after eating about half of its last fish, and just as the grey female had hoped, left the remains behind. The scavenger did not care for fish, but she was hungry and grateful for the opportunity of a free snack.

Just as she stood, however, another creature came onto the scene, this one a canine. Israel froze, lowered her ears in irritation, and slunk back into the brush. she was hungry, but the male had claimed his prize and she had no interest in challenging him for it. Perhaps she and Simatra would hunt later, repeating the circumstances of their first encounter. 

Israel exited her hiding place and chuffed softly to the snowy  man in greeting. Her tail waved behind her and she gave a small smile as she approached him. Hello, she spoke, trying not to look at the fish, but only into his eyes.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birk hadn't noticed that he had an audience, until what appeared to be a beautiufl blue-eyed river nymph made herself present. The she-wolf was good-looking and the hungry man felt torn about sharing his meal with her. Because normally - Birk.Did.Not.Share.Food. Ever. And even his weakness for pretty girls hadn't prevented him from sticking to this rule. Now his strict resolution began to waver. 

Stay strong, man, stay strong! He told himself. "He-llo!" he told her and added a little possesive growl, when he picked up the fish remnants, got to his feet and moved away. Thus he stated his point - if she wanted to get that fish, that was not going to happen.
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
The greeting and the behavior that came with it did not seem to match one another. He was polite enough to greet her, yet a low growl rumbled from his throat and he picked up his meal and promptly moved away from her. Feeling a bit hurt, Israel stepped back and lowered her head with a soft whine. 

"I don't want your fish," she said in a low voice. "You were here first. I just wanted to say hello." Her ears pinned themselves against her agouti skull, showing submission to the handsome man.
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Oooh... is that so?" Birk said suspiciously, because in his experience someone without food rarely approached the person with food only to say "hello". No, no, as nice and pretty the girl looked, as embarrassed she felt now by his rude treatment, this did not soften his concrete resolution at all. Therefore after a bit of thinking, he shoved the fish remnants under his chest and lied on top of it. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

"Hello it was - anything else you wished to tell me, hm?" the white wolf crossed his forepaws in front of him and cocked his head to the side, interested and ready to listen, whatever the she-wolf decided to say.
27 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
She raised a brow, watching him shovel his prize beneath him. It wasn't necessary for him his declaration of ownership and further, but then again, some wolves were not as passive as she and would have fought him.

He seemed suspicious not only of her intentions for his meal, but also of the lies she told. Her mouth fell slightly agape. "No, I..." she began,  hopelessly caught. A soft sigh escaped  her. "I guess I was hoping you would spare me a bite. I saw the bear who caught it. It caught several, actually, but it left that one." She took a tentative step forward,  but sat down a respectable distance away from him, her ears falling back. "I was going to grab it, but you got here first. " Narrow shoulders rolled into a sad shrug.

"I am Israel."
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Too bad for you... Birk thought listening to Israel's story about, how he had been the first one to grab the last item at the closeout sale. Yet he was polite enough not to voice this opinion out loud - the she-wolf looked sad already and aware of the fact that he had been the winner in the game.

"My name is Birk," he returned and smiled - this time more sincerely. "So - do you live here and these are your usual hunting grounds or you are stationed with a pack nearby," as he suggested this, he cast a curious glance around just in case there was an army hiding nearby. He could not see or smell anyone, but you never knew with those loners.

After some small talk, Birk still was not convinced that the other was not here to steal his food, therefore, he excused himself, got up, picked up his fish and left to eat somewhere in peace, quiet and alone.