Blackfeather Woods the gods have no mercy, that is why they are gods
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Private 
@Vuk <3
She did not hesitate to make her title known. Damien's absence did not weigh on her mind in the slightest, he was more useful missing than he was strutting about the dark woods like every day was his birthday. Truthfully, she wouldn't miss him. It was one less problem to concern herself with marrying off her only daughter to him, never mind having to constantly fight in order to maintain her integrity in his presence. The boy king had and would always been unwanted and unneeded, all that he had ever had to offer was one-uped by her each time. Damien had simply been a figurehead, and with little grace did that role fall. Not even the birth of her own children had given her so much satisfaction. 

However, it was in her mind to follow up on a decision she had made concerning a particularly curious mother and her family; a spectacle unlike she had seen before. There was such a weakness within the woman she had met begging at the borders nights before that utterly baffled the dark woman while hooking her interest far beyond the borderlines of sheer intrigue. Perhaps it was the idea of a weapon so grand it would put all efforts of leaders before her to shame, or perhaps, it was simply the woman had found the use of a feeble play thing within the woman named Vuk. Either way, plans had been laid out for the mother, the father and the child known as Seff. Desperation was a dangerous thing to let free in the face of the former Silencer, for with desperation came futility, and with futility came a scapegoat to the brain-washing process of a higher purpose. The dark woman called upon the female, Vuk.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3

[table width=55%][tr][td]
damien. vuk had come to know the name, and had come to know that the king of the blackfeather wolves was gone. the woman did not know if this was a temporary or permanent thing, but the dark siren called nemesis had taken up damien's place atop the ranks, and vuk found that she welcomed this. she knew little of the blackfeather lore, of what had transpired before her arrival, but nemesis had snared her eye at their first meeting. the woman seemed cruel, cold; it mystified vuk and intrigued her, but she had not sought the new dark master out, too shy to approach in such a way.
she and terich had found a den, but vuk expected that her son would soon find his own space, and the thought made her heart ache. while it was the natural order of things, vuk could not force herself to accept it; not yet; not when she had just found him again, but the choice was not her own. the woman must surrender to the way it all would go.
she herself had spent several sleepless nights upon her threshold, gazing upon the moon while her breath rose in a white plume; she thought of the nameless wolf who was seff's father, of taggarik, of illea, even of hiram. reek. a call rent the air and startled vuk from her reverie; her ears cupped forward and she realized it was for her.
a sudden dread flooded the patchwork wolfess, some fear whose origins she could not articulate, but vuk answered it all the same, moving in the direction of the voice until she stood before nemesis, her breath coming fast. "c-congratulations," vuk struggled, fighting for composure while she offered politeness and glanced up at the dark leader from beneath lowered lashes.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Vuk was something special; it had been clear as much upon her arrival at Blackfeather Woods. There was something.. off about the woman, something dangerous, harboured under the layers of submission she wore. Nemesis would strip her clean of the unwanted and unneeded weakness that lay on the back of the patchwork female, or the dark forest would. Either way, it would happen. It was her purpose. “Thank you,” She dipped her head. The woman had been the only one thus far to acknowledge Nemesis as the Dark Master; it was not a fact she was hurt by but angered. How long had she been in a position of power, long before Damien had even thought of challenging Burke for the ultimate title? Why was it now that their followers seemed resistant to accept her claim as the leader while for so long had she been pulling the weight of others? It was unjust, their misplaced uncertainties. It was Damien that proved to be a flight-risk, untrustworthy in the highest form. The man had not bothered to inform anyone of his departure, regardless of it an accident or not; yet, she was the one to be wary of.  “Relax,” The wraith noted the other's quiver, as if Nemesis might devour her then and there for simply speaking. “Now tell me, why have you come to the dark woods? It cannot be simply for your son that you have uprooted your family's lives,” Nemesis would not have. So far, her own offspring had proved to be more of a bother than they were worth (Abraxas excluded) and never would she take such steps simply for their own, fleeting happiness. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
killing is the most natural thing in the world; we're created for it
651 Posts
Ooc — ebony
[table width=55%][tr][td]
vuk shook her head gently, also finding she could not fully relax in nemesis' presence. seff was her singular focus; she loved him above all else, and potema had been intrinsic in his raising. it was an easy decision to make, following her failed romance with hiram. vuk glanced to nemesis again, sensing that the woman wished for the truth, one she had hidden even from terich. "t-there w-was a m-man i l-loved in l-larksong g-grotto. t-terich is m-my m-mate b-because it w-was b-best f-for s-seff. i l-love him, b-but.." 
surely nemesis found her a romance-addled fool by now; thus vuk pressed on. "h-he l-left m-me f-for h-his g-god. i c-could n-not worship r-raas. i g-grew to h-hate h-him. and s-so i l-left." there was more to it, but vuk knew the dark woman would know this.[/tr][/td][/table]
mouthed words | thoughts
[Image: bfw2.png]