Golden Glade fight me off like a firefighter
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara

Already in her young age Rose proved to be a determined child and longed to explore and learn new things. Today proved to be no different, and as she crept from the safety of her den her eyes caught sight of something so pure and beautiful as it fell from the heavens above. 

White like the fur of her brother as it poured from the sky, and Rose found herself entranced by the flurries that rained down on her. She watched as one floated down before her but as it touched the ground it mysteriously disappeared. Frustrated by the disappearance of something so alluring, the russet girl let out a huff before trying her hardest to keep the snow from escaping her grasp. And all the while she remained completely unaware that the thing she tried so desperately to save now, would likely grow to become the thing she hated most.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen was half asleep when the pitter patter of tiny feet were heard on the cave floor. She opened one eye to see Rose trotting out of the tunnels. The silver queen rose to her feet and followed the youngster slowly down the tunnels leaving the pups with their father hoping he would know to stay and watch them if she was gone.

Aspen peered around the corner and smiled softly as the first snowflakes of winter fell. She watched as Rose was fascinated by the snowflakes and why they were not staying around long enough for her to look at them or play with them. Aspen continued round the corner and sat by the entrance of the den. 

There was certainly a chill to the air and that worried the queen. This meant the start of a tough season for young pups and she prayed none of them got sick. She would have to consult Heartha at some time or Eden. Though with both of them now mothering children it would be hard to find time to speak with them. 

Heartha's pups were older now, perhaps it would be time to pay her a visit. Eden was definitely a wolf to stay away from, she would be grieving for quite a while Aspen could imagine.

Her attention fell back to the curious russet girl that stood infront of her. "Snow," Aspen said softly careful not to startle the child with her presence a soft smile resting on her maw. "Rose it's snowing," she repeated.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Despite trying her hardest, there seemed to be no way to stop the flurries from melting away and Rose felt disappointment bubble up inside her. She let out several frustrated growls but at her mother's voice she came to a stop and looked up with eyes wide. Snow? That's what this was? "Snow good?" she asked, tilting her head to the side while watching her mother.

Why was it snowing? What made it snow? Was it going to snow forever now? All these questions and many more raced through the russet girl's head while she waited for her mother's answer.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen smiled softly at the child sat in front of her puzzling over the snow and why it proceeded to melt away all the time. Yes my sweet girl, snow is good. Snow means winter is here. I wouldn't worry that it keeps disappearing. Soon it will be here for a while and you and your siblings will have tons of fun, Aspen spoke smiling softly locking a snowflake that had fallen onto her muzzle.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
With her mother confirming that snow was indeed good, Rose continued in her challenge at trying to save the little flurries. Even if she couldn't save all of them, the young princess figured some were better than none. She didn't quite understand by what her mother meant when mentioning that it would be here for a while, but she assumed whatever her mother had said was a good thing.

"Snow pretty" she said while prancing over to her mother. The way it gracefully fell from the sky wasn't anything like the noisy rain. This was completely beauty and the russet girl was captivated by it.
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen watched the little girl attempting to save the snowflakes a smile permanantely forming on her maw. As rose turned and trotted back towards the silver queen she piped up stating the snow was pretty. "Yes it is Rose, just like you my sweet girl," she spoke warmly as she licked a lone snowflake from Roses forehead. 

"Let me know if you're getting cold, or hungry and we can go back to the den okay princess?" she spoke as she trotted a few steps out into the clearing and bowed to her daughter playfully.