Blackfeather Woods Despair has its own calms
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Private 
He was well aware of his nephew's disappearance, and painfully aware of @Nemesis ' rise. He wondered if that was her goal, to gain more power, or if it was simply her duty calling. Either way he was suspicious, and he sought her out, wanting to make his position clear, offering his service yet remaining loyal to his sister's blood, the Night Queen's blood, royal blood.

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She felt nothing towards the older man claiming to be Meldresi's long lost brother but high suspicion. While Damien could fall blind-sighted to the tales of a foreign uncle who had miraculously traveled miles to find a nice, cozy, respectable spot handed to him on the cusp of winter; Nemesis would not. She was unbiased, having zero ties to the mysterious man and his seemingly infiltrative ways; she would remain silent until his presence grew to bother her even more. Up until that day, it had not to the point she felt she needed to intervene, and the dark woman remained dormant. However, his summoning of her presence did not go unregarded and knowing fully she could not simply ignore the call without drawing further attention to her discourteousy,  she traveled with time to meet the man at his behest but not in a way that gave the impression she was his beck and call. The woman was the Dark Master, after all. She bowed to no-one. “Yes?” She arily called out, standing not too far away but not too close; she had no interest in sticking around much longer.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She arrived, that permanent scowl on her face as always. Miraak watched the new Dark Master stalk towards him, though she stopped a few lengths away, not getting close. He nodded towards her. I came to acknowledge you, Nemesis, He began, his head bowed so it was below hers. As my new Dark Master. But I also come to request something of you,

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
The man did not reject her title, but embrace it, unlike what she had expected. However, no later did a request come that she felt uncertain of his genuinity. It was all and well that he had decided to acknowledge her as his superior for the time being, but that he should then follow to ask something of her in the midst of giving her exactly what she wanted seemed all too questionable. Nemesis was no fool, his acceptance of her came too quickly before his own wishes; he was in need of something grand. “What is it you want, Miraak?” She spoke with a knowing tone, optics narrowed in the slightest. Whatever it was, the woman was undecided if she was inclined to give; he had proven her nothing thus far but the feeling of suspicion, and had she known of what he spoke of to Damien, she would have sooner run him from the dark lands than allow him a spot in their hierarchy. 
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
In his home, in his birthplace, he was Silencer before sent to find his sister, and would be Silencer again should he return. He alone had the power, the knowledge, the experience of a true member of the Brotherhood. It was only natural for him to be promoted to Silencer of his sister's sect. He should have been Dark Master in his nephew's place, but Nemesis was too swift. I wish to be promoted Silencer,

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Of course he did. The dark woman should have expected it, however, the shock, the fury, and the suspicion was too overwhelming to grapple as she struggled to comprehend his audacity. How long had he been within the dark woods? What had he done to prove he was more than just what he claimed? Miraak was a distant uncle whom Meldresi had never spoken of, Nemesis was no fool to promote a stranger to a title she had just previously held. It was only seconds ago that the man had claimed to acknowledge her as his superior, never mind what he truly thought of her and her unattachment to a bloodline rank. “You have proven nothing to me, why should I grant you such an honour?” She spoke with a shrug of disbelief. His request meant more than he knew, or she believed he would ever truly respect. He thought himself entitled to it by the way he spoke of it; a thing he knew nothing of it’s meaning within Blackfeather Woods but apparently did. It confused her, his misbelief of where exactly he stood. Below her, was where he was in the spectrum of importance; a lesson the older man would learn in due time. “Why should I trust you when all you have to your name is a famous, dead sister?” Her words were harsh, but so was she; this man and his foolish beliefs would earn no sympathy from her. 
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
And here I thought that all the wolves here worshipped my sister like some deity, He chuckled darkly. While she was otherworldly at times, he did not doubt that his sister was mortal. Blessed with special talents and ingenuity, but mortal. You should not trust me. That is Damien's fault; he is too trusting of his family, Damien, he knew, was the better Dark Master, without question. But there was something his mother had done with him, either intentionally or subconsciously, that bound Damien to her, even in death. But you, have not proven much to me either, other than that you are a mother with exceptionally interesting children, He remembered the boy trying to eat the carcass of a wolf, the boy who spoke little and dreamt only of blood and fire. I only grant you the respect worthy of the Dark Master because I believe it was what my nephew would have wanted. If it had not been for Damien, I would not let you take this title; I see no reason why you should. Let us prove to each other then, that we are worthy of the titles we claim.

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
“No,”

She did not scream, nor rant or rave. In the face of someone who fed off of all those things, she remained calm; suppressing every urge to force his mouth closed. “I carry this title because I earned it, because I did not hesitate, because I am the most capable, not because of Damien's grace,” She seethed, ears falling to meet her skull but she did not advance, rising her head higher. Nemesis would look down upon him for that was what he was; futile in comparison to all that she was. Blackfeather woods had proven itself long before the man named Miraak had claimed to be its saviour and would be there long after his worldly departure. And when the day came, none would mourn his death for none would know. He would be branded a deserted while his body flowed down the river and sunk within the watery depths; untraceable. But she could not act on her desire in that moment, his death would need gentle planning and purging. She would rip all love for him from the very people that administered that affection, from their hearts. Each word against her brought her plan to assurance, Nemesis would the death of him but the cause would be entirely his own. 

“You are worth nothing and mean nothing to me, I will not waste my time and effort on someone I don't find worth a scrap of mercy,” Her tone left no room for argument, it was the final say and nothing would break her word. In the end, he was just another disobedient subordinate that she did not have the breath for. And Nemesis was no stranger do insubordination, not all liked her character or her way of dealing with things; she did not care. She was at the top, they were not. It was by her hand that she permitted them to stay, and it would be by her will that all who opposed her ruling could very well leave. If they were so indifferent, she had no problem showing them out the door. In the end, she would prevail, and Miraak would be nothing significant in her life to pave her way to extended glory. He was a trick riding on the back of a warhorse, using the speed and power of the beast to mooch off it's success; that was all his affection was for Damien, she was sure, and she would not fall a fool to his trained deception.“You will take a place at the bottom of my ranks until you learn humility,” And she howled her claim, making it known of his disrespect and the reason it got him there. Miraak would receive no pity, she would make sure of it; the wolves of Blackfeather Woods had come to know what it meant to defy her and he would be know different. 

“Damien held as much talent for leadership as a fish walks on land, he had nothing to his name but his birthright. It was my foolish approval that earned his red mark. Damien did not stand alone as Burke was defeated, I was there to spark the fear within the False King. And I was there to pick up the pieces after Damien deserted us because it is and has always been my job. Whether you approve of me or not does not concern me. But you will obey me, and you will accept me because I am the Dark Master and you are not,” Her voiced thundered, but it showed no rage. She would not break for his comfort, and for that, he would always be wrong about her. It was a fact that would bring her more satisfaction than he would ever know. 
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
As Nemesis spoke, Miraak felt his opinion of her change, word by word. Sure, she was impulsive and firey, but she was ruthless, cruel, merciless. It was something he expected of Meldresi's son, but had not yet found, not in the purity that he now saw in Nemesis. His instigation had been successful: she was more than just a bitter woman.

He still loved his nephew, but the shade had lived through many Listeners and leaders, and knew who was best suited to ruling an assassins' guild. He knew a Dark Master when he saw one. And here she stood in front of him, duling out the Wrath of Sithis; no apologies, no mercy. Her face was cold and expressionless despite the crippling poison that drenched her words.

His face bore no expression as she demoted him; his rank did not matter to him. He would perform his tasks the same. When her tirade ended, the shade smiled, then chuckled, and laughed. Realizing how rude he must have seemed, Miraak sunk to the ground, rolling in submission. I have underestimated you, zōbrie ābra-āeksio,He smiled up at her briefly. I hear your words and obey,

hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
"Good," She replies, heartrate lowering as he accepts her reign. It is relieveing, odd, to say the least for he is the only one she had had to convince thus far. The others remained in denial or simply did not care. Either way, Damien was gone. There was one else to step up to the plate. None other with the experiance or the credibility. Perhaps she was not the kindest, nor the most understanding, but she knew what she was doing. She had been doing so for a long while. None could take that from her, no matter their doubt. "I have a feeling we may work well together -- one day," She smiles a rare smile, a turn of her previous imposing nature. Heartless she may be, but she knows when to acknowledge what may be in her favour. Miraak will be useful in light of the fact he is realtivly the only competent Melonii who has not deemed Damien, Mr. All-Superior.