Blackwater Islands follow me into oblivion
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
@Aztec : orientation kinda thing! hopefully they'll get along, haha

Kalika was aware of the new presence on the islands. Although she wanted to remain secluded where she could ride out the remainder of her heat cycle, she knew that she had a duty to fulfill. So, rather than remaining seated near the coast, she decided to search for this new recruit. It made more sense to her that she might find what she was looking for further inland, so she trotted into the treeline until the Sea was no longer visible behind her.
7 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The newly minted Neophyte moves through the claimed island of The Nereides at her own pace. The Matriarch had given her a tour and Aztec retraces their steps to better help her commit it to memory. She takes in the sights and smells — the salty tang of sea brine as it moves through her guard hairs and kisses her muzzle. It is unlike anything she has ever experienced before. There is sand in Coatl’s Rise but the only water that accompanied it was river water. She excited about integrating herself into this new society that while similar in some aspects was starkly different from Coatl’s Rise, though it seemed a bit …daunting. She did not linger upon the intimidation that seized her. All she could do was her best! She would try to appease the Mothers Moon and Sea and she would work hard for the pack. “Oh,” Slips from betwixt Aztec’s lips as she zones in to realize that she was heading straight for another. Her ears cup forth atop her skull before they smooth back in submission as she alters her stance to the no doubt higher ranking woman. “Hello.” Aztec offers her demurely.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika was pleased to see the immediate show of submission. After a moment of relishing in her own pride, she nodded her head for the woman to know that they were on equal terms — or at least, for the time being they were. Should this go wrong and the new recruit place herself out of Kalika's favor then there would be a much larger show of dominance to be had. You are new, she stated matter-of-factly, I am Kalika, Akantha's advisor and ambassador to the pack. I have come to offer you an orientation, if it is something that you are interested in. Her words were slightly accented with a Greek twinge, for it had become the tongue of default since finding her way to the other Nereids.
7 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
There is slight surprise — albeit pleasant — that already she was being sought out to be included. There is a warm flutter in her heart and she beams at Kalika despite herself. Aztec has never mastered the fierce stare of her grandmother, mother or sisters. Nor does she necessarily have their strict disposition. She is much friendlier. She is not ashamed by her sunny disposition but she sometimes wishes that she could muster a bit more fierceness. Regardless, it eludes her. “That’s right,” Aztec answers though she understands it was a statement as opposed to a question. She is obviously new — in that super painful way. “Yes — of course! Orientation sounds great.” Aztec responds positively with unbidden eagerness. She wants to prove herself worthy to the Matriarch and Mothers Sea and Moon. She wants to belong. She looks to Kalika then, her ears smoothing back to rest at half mast atop her skull sheepishly. “Oh, I’m Aztec by the way.” She introduces herself, figuring it was a good place to start before she tried to get too ahead of herself.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Aztec, Kalika repeated, as if to test how the name felt rolling from her tongue, A beautiful name. I can only wait to hear what your Greek name will be. In her opinion, Greek names always sounded best, but with such a glorious canvas to work on, a change in name would make minimal difference. Aztec was a creature of great majesty; something that Kalika wanted. If you will follow me, Kalika cooed as she stood and turned to walk away, Now, what has Akantha told you of our group?
7 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
“My Greek name?” Aztec asks, her curious unbidden. She supposes it makes sense that she will be given a new name. A new name that will distinguish her as apart of the Nereides culture. She ponders if it will make her feel different. She has always been Aztec. “How are they picked?” Aztec inquires with a cant of her head, hoping that her questions aren’t too forward. She only seeks enlightenment, to understand this strange albeit extremely fascinating culture she has pledged herself to. Aztec bobs her head as the other woman coos at her to follow, doing as she is told. Her ears perk forward as she follows behind her new sister as she poses a new question. “The basics, I think,” But of course Aztec does not know what is basic knowledge and what is in-depth. “That we serve the mothers Moon and Sea, that we are female dominated and males serve us as consorts.” Enough for Aztec to get the gist of what she agreed to.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Fëafelmë
321 Posts
Ooc — Tweety Bird
Kalika took in a deep breath, wondering the answer to such a question herself. Since she had been born with a Greek name, she wasn't quite sure of the parameters around receiving one. I don't want to lie to you, she laughed, I think that's more of a question for a Matriarch. Listening to Aztec speak, the idea that an introduction to the culture had been made was solidified, reassuring Kalika that there wasn't much more for her to do. 

And do you have any questions about what you have been told? she asked, a curious tilt to her head. Her steps guided the pair nearer to the coast where constructing a quick lesson would be easier. After all, the fury of the Sea seemed like nothing more than gibberish until She held one's life in Her hands. Do you know how to swim?