Ravensblood Forest i'm gonna put my family back together again
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
He stopped at the borders where the bright brand of territorial markings rose like invisible sentinels, their presence strong and off putting.

Between the scents he detected the faded scent of Chusi; he had followed an old trail of hers here and it was here he stopped. A normal wolf would have howled to announce his presence, but Ingram was not normal. Besides that meant admitting he had been actively looking for Chusi and he wasn't about to confess that to anyone, let alone her.

And so he was faced with a dilemma; he had come too far to turn back, but his pride was too costly to call for her. 

Like the little pricker he wass he just stood there awkwardly, peering within the realm as if hoping to see her before she saw him.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Ever since Arturo had forbidden her to go outside of the forest had she felt the urge to leave and find this dangerous killer. As a warrior in training - as her father's heir, she had to help, even if it was just finding the one who did it. Was it weird she thought that maybe Zephyr was behind this? To take revenge on her and her father whom she had obviously replaced him with? But why Furiosa? She didn't deserve to be killed like that.

Chusi was eyeing the borders, hidden in the snow and the many branches of bushes that had shed their leafs in the month of the Red Falling. If the murderer came again, she would catch him or her. She'd tear its throat out with force and feed on its heart as her Teaghlaigh joined her. But instead of a dangerous killer, a young man made his way to their doorstep and Chusi almost choked. What the hell was he doing here?

Still hidden she watched him look for someone - or something. Did he have anyone else he knew here? Why didn't he say so? How come he was allowed outside of Donnelaith's borders with this killer on the loose? She took a deep breath, but eventually jumped over the bushes gracefully to land in plain sight. She shook out her snow covered coat that had grown thicker and stared coldly a the boy.

What are ya doin' 'ere, Ingram? She asked him, a bit suspicious and hiding that she was somewhat happy to see his handsome face. 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Ingram felt immensely stupid for coming. Chusi was nowhere to be seen and he was sure any moment now a wolf would come along and tell him off proper for being so close to their homestead. He was about to turn and leave when he heard and saw a familiar figure. 

Chusi. 

Ingram was uniquely unsuited to describing the emotion that overcame him. First of all, it was a feeling and he didn't do those well. Second of all he had no name for the flip his stomach made and the sudden way his legs felt wobbly; what the hell was wrong with him?

HE knew why he was there -- but he'd do his best to keep the nature of his visit hidden from her. He stammered and seemed to search around for his cool; "um... fancy seeing you here?" he intoned lamely, as if it were a surprise. It wasn't but Ingram had to protect his ego somehow.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Had his eyes always shimmered so brightly, or was it just the winter that made everything more appealing to the young woman? Was he eating well? Had Lotte not asked his ass off about how he knew her? She had so many questions, but knew better than to ask them all at once. She should just be happy he came - whether for her, or for something else. Even though she hoped it was her that had lured the beast out of the safe clutches of Donnelaith. Ever since meeting him she had wanted to get the affection he had been hiding under a thick layer of coldness and a want to hurt others.

I live 'ere? Who'd ya expect to come see ya? She giggled softly, ignoring the urge to run up to him and give him a hug or something. Things had not been going so well for Teaghlaigh, and since Arturo was so busy, she really wanted a hug. She wasn't even allowed outside - the only thing she liked doing besides training to become the greatest warrior her home had ever seen.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
it was all Ingram could do to keep his aloof cool about him; he fought the urge to fidget, to fuss with his fur. Were he human he would have run a thin hand through his hair or adjusted the collar of his shirt. As a wolf his options were limited, and he ran his tongue along his teeth somewhat nervously. He didn't like how his stomach was doing acrobatics, and he didn't like how he wanted to just stare at her and soak in every aspect of her features; her silhouette, her bold face, the endearing splash of white on her chest.

Of course she lived here -- he knew that -- but he couldn't blow his cover. He had to make it look like an accident, like he had not expected her. "Oh." He replied somewhat loftily, tearing his gaze (reluctantly) away from her as if she were of little interest to him. "So.... this is Teeleey?" The dark male turned his snout away as if motioning to the expanse of land around them, his tone flat and unimpressed.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Some snow was shoved around by her shaky front paw. She had not expected Ingram to just show up at her home one day. Hell, after they had left each other at Ankyra Sound, she was sure she would never see him again. When she had find him at Donnelaith, she had felt both joy and anger. Why had they joined Donnelaith and not her home? Not that she wanted him around all the time, of course - she just felt like her home was not good enough for the boy before her. Yeah... She was just offended - of course she didn't actually like him.

She squinted. He had before done something like this - doing as if he didn't know something anymore. She wondered if he was doing it again. No one had left Teaghlaigh after the death of Furiosa - except for her. Had he followed her with a purpose orrrr? Yes, this 's "Teeleey". She replied with a smile, finding it kind of funny that he was still pronouncing it wrong. It sounded cuter the way he said it anyway - but she didn't like how he did not sound the least bit impressed. Ya don't like it? She asked nicely, wanting no angry teenager on their borders for Arturo to deal with. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
As Chusi shook the soft snow from her deep coat Ingram felt shocked to find himself admiring the downy plush of her fur -- the way a few stubborn snowflakes stuck to her fluffy fur like small, complex constellations of winter white.

Wait. He was doing that weird admiring stuff again. He shook his head sharply, looking away.

IIt was not that he wass unimpressed -- but he refused to give Chusi any spark of interest that would betray his vulnerability. "It's okay. Donnelaith has a bigger forest." Ingram stated matter of factly, as if it mattered.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Why he had not up and left yet was lost on her; he had never shown that he liked her in any way, shape or form. It was the opposite really. And maybe that's why she was even trying to impress him. She wanted to force her ways upon him so he could see others and the world in a better light. He was always so negative and hateful, which was attractive to an extent for sure, but not great for his mental health later on in life.

It does. Chusi agreed with the fact he had spat out. But the trees bleed 'ere. Do they do tha' at Donnelaith? A toothy, pretty smile was painted on her face, wondering what his reaction might be. Of course the trees didn't actually bleed, but it really did look like it. Chusi found it astonishing. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Chusi didn't seem deflated by Ingram's prickly attitude: it was a good thing she didn't hate him yet -- it occured to him she may as well be the only wolf that didn't. As she conceded to his statement he puffed up his chest arrogantly, although when Chusi continued he became visibily confused.

Bleed?

Trees don't bleed, he wanted to interject boorishly, though he clipped his tongue quickly lest his pretension push Chusi away. "What do you mean, bleed?" He asked incredulously, looking at the ruddy leaves and withered bark about them with clear confusion still writ across his slender muzzle.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was glad that he had come. Life was boring when one was not allowed to leave home, and Ingram was a nice distraction. A very nice distraction... One she didn't mind having all the time. She wished he could just come and join the family, but surely father wouldn't like that. Yes, Chusi was older now (almost an adult, if she made the rules) but boyfriends were out of the question for the "old coywolf". NOT THAT SHE WANTED INGRAM AS A BOYFRIEND OR ANYTHING - EWWW.

She smirked as the question seemed out of genuine curiosity, and she turned to the forest she lived in. Follow me, I'll show ya. She said, walking ahead a few steps and then looked if he were indeed following her. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Ingram looked past where Chusi stood, towards the trees -- while no leaves were touched by fire, he was slightly intrigued. Her invitation caused his heart to hammer: was he allowed? Would the Arturo figure show up soon and yell at him? Did this mean Chusi wanted to be next to him, and share her home with him?

His mind swum with questions and for a moment he stood stock still, dumbfounded. Abruptly he shook his head and glanced past Chusi again: "uh, sure." He tried to make it sound like he didn't think it was a Big Deal, being given a tour of her homeland. He didn't want her to know his heart was skittering, and he didn't want to let on that her invitation made him feel out of place, so he tried to remain cool and distant. Unfortunately for Ingram, trying wasn't doing: while he managed to keep a somewhat unphased facade, he nearly tripped over a log as he set behind her. He wanted to ask if he was even allowed in her home, but he didn't want to give the impression of caring, especially not in front of Chusi -- the wolf he confusingly wanted to go heroic lengths to impress and push away at the same time.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Not only did she want to share her home and interests with Ingram - she was pretty okay with sharing her life as well. While others were, perhaps, turned off by Ingram's rude behavior, Chusi found it a challenge. Slowly but surely would she wrap him in soft comments and laughter, maybe making his life that tiny bit more colorful. That is what she lived for; making sure everyone was having a great time. That would bring her the most joy as well, so it really was a win-win situation. 

As she watched him indeed follow her, it almost made her laugh out loud that he tripped. Luckily she could keep it in, smiling at him gently - not wanting him to think she was judging him for anything (she totally was though). Maybe he would change his mind if she laughed at him, for he seemed really sensitive. She led them further in - to a tree where the red sap was still slowly dripping down it, despite the cold weather. There, she stopped, looking up and around them. Almost every, massive tree in her home did this - and it was extra noticeable due to the white snow. 

Pretty cool, huh? She breathed out, still amazed at it herself. Try n't to ge' it on yar fur - it's sticky. She advised him after, not wanting his careless personality to get him stuck to a tree or something.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
A scalding flush of red embarassment laced his cheeks as he realized Chusi had seen his blunder: he pinned his ears and looked stubbornly to the ground. It was not just that he was, as she put, 'really sensitive' -- it was also that he was really a big giant baby; if she had laughed aloud his ego would have been crushed.

Chusi had much more social grace than he, and seemed to know better than to let a giggle slip.

He followed her mutely until she stopped at the heart of the forest; while he had seen the sap trickle on some boughs, the tree they stood in front of seemed especially weepy. Ingram tilted his head back in awe and beheld the raw seep in his vision. Before he could help it he uttered: "they look sick," He exclaimed, torn between worry for the fevered trees and excitable interest to know more of what caused their perpetual weeping.
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Even when she didn't laugh did Ingram look embarrassed. It was cute in a way. Who was she kidding - he was always cute, whether he was insulting her or tripping over things. She even liked his stubbornness, for it reminded her of herself and even her father a little. Arturo was more flexible though, but he was not a teenager with raging hormones. Her gaze went from up the enormous sequoia tree to the boy beside her, her warm ocher eyes admiring his handsomeness with a goofy smile. The air around them was so different when they were together, she found. The borders suddenly didn't feel like a prison anymore now that he was here.

They're cryin'. She said softly, never looking away since she was less shy than most, even if she could not manage to feel hot under her dark fur. They're cryin' raven blood. She explained further, having made her own tale of why they leaked red sap. It was in their forest's name, and so there had to be some truth behind it.

Do... Do ya like m..- it? She could almost slap herself in the face for letting a stray thought like that slip, but there was little to be done about it. All she could hope for was that Ingram would ignore it, as he usually did with most of the sentences she spat out.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
The adolescent craned his neck as he peered up the rough cut bough; why were they like that? What caused it? Could the trees feel it? His gaze trailed the tree's quivering arms and a startling thought came to him.

Could trees feel pain?

He turned his muzzle downward towards Chusi to ask her that when he suddenly was aware how intensely she was watching him. Their eyes met and he looked away immediately, unable to hold her brightness in his gaze. Just making eye contact with her seemed incredibly intimate; he felt a physical reaction of attraction and embarrassment at once course through him. He was so offput by his discomfiture that he did not notice her blunder -- at least not right away. 

Suddenly he was the one with a million questions. "Why are they crying? Are they in pain?" An unusual shade of softness overcame him as he quietly admitted: "I don't think I could like anything that was in pain."
i'm gonna hold a pen
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi did not believe that the trees were in pain. If so, she would've felt something other than amazement when looking at them every day. Neither did she think they were sad. Tears of joy were a thing, she knew - that was not pain nor sadness. The sap tasted awful, and so she believed they were crying out all the bad things about themselves. The ravens and the trees - the ravens had betrayed them at one point, but the trees had not noticed. Now that they knew, they were crying the blood of the ravens, ridding themselves of the memories they shared and starting anew.

All that she wanted to tell, but she could not pull her lips apart when their gazes met. For a moment, she almost choked, looking away only a little later than Ingram. Damn - he had seen her staring all lovey-dovey. Why did he not yet make a comment on it? It was obvious that he lived for making her feel bad, even if he did exactly the opposite.

So you have a heart - is what she wanted to say, but felt it unnecessary. Of course he did. There was a lot more to Ingram than he would admit, and she was discovering him slowly but surely. It seemed that they worked off each other well, and spending time with him was perhaps the only thing she wanted to do now that she was stuck home. They're not. She said softly, finally having the courage to look at him again. They're riddin' themselves of mem'ries with the Ravens. Bloody tears of joy. She explained softly. Maybe she had made the story up so she could also rid herself of the memories with Zephyr, but that was left unsaid. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**