Golden Glade say you won't let go
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
All Welcome 
There was something different about the air today. It felt as if sickness itself clung to the very wind and Rose was uneasy as she made her way out of the inner sanctuary. She had hoped by getting some fresh air that whatever was weighing her down would fade away, but in turn the air only seemed to smell of death now. Nervousness shot down her spine and the russet girl began to tread cautiously threw the trees as she made her way to a nearby creek. Usually she would not venture this far without one of her parents or siblings, but thanks to the freshly fallen snow, it would be easy to find her way back home. Upon finding the quiet stream and taking a quick drink, Rose spotted a small mound just ahead. Curious to see what it was, the young princess slowly made her way over to the lump and gentle poked it with her paw.

She wasn't sure what to expect, but what she found was the last thing she would have thought to come across. "Ro" she called out and tapped her motionless brother once more to try and wake him up. What was he doing outside in the snow anyway? "Ro, no sleep" she said while pushing the powdery flurries off of his side, yet once again she received no signs of him moving. It was only then did she realize that the foul smell in the air was coming from none other than her brother who lie still on the ground. Rose didn't know what this feeling was but something inside of her told her that Rowan was never going to wake up again. And for the first time in her life, the young girl experienced sadness and choked up as tears began to stream down her cheeks.

Broken and shocked to the core, Rose couldn't think of doing anything other than moving to lay beside her lifeless brother. She gently moved herself under one of his paws before pressing her head against his. She was content to stay like this for the rest of the day, and no matter what she refused to leave her brother's side. While tears still flowed from her eyes, Rose couldn't fight back the sobs that escaped her. She wanted to see his beautiful eyes again, wanted to hear his annoying screams, she wanted him to wake up and tell her that this was just a nightmare. She wanted her brother back.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen woke to the absence of Rowan and Rose. She looked arround the den before pulling herself to her feet. Something wasn't right. It wasn't like Rose to just wander off....and Rowan....never went hardly anywhere without Aspen. Immediately a pit of worry was resting at the bottom of Aspens chest and the feeling only increased as she padded towards the entrance of the den. 

The scent of death was in the air, much like it had been at Estelles funeral. Aspen immediately called for Rowan and for Rose. Wherever they were she needed to make sure they were alright. Only then would she search to seek out the source of the smell. Her kids were the priority here and nothing would change that. 

The silver queen began to wander around anxiously until she caught Rose's trail. She followed but noting that the scent of death became stronger as she approached. This made her increasingly worried. She knew it wasn't Rose that had died for the trail was way too fresh and the smell was too strong, but what it did mean was the poor russet girl had likely run into whoever had died.

The queen called out to rose again as soft whimpers of her child could be heard. Though she could not see yet why her child was crying it became  increasingly apparent as she got closer and closer. Her eyes fell on the small body that Rose was laying beside and the mothers heart sank. No.....this couldnt be. Her precious albino boy...

Aspen felt a tear roll down her cheek as she came to sit with rose nudging rowans fur. There were bite marks in his neck and the dried saliva from her mate. Hold on....Alder...No....he wouldn't have. Surely he could not be the reason her eldest child lay motionless on the snow...he was the heir...why would he do this...Aspen didn't jump to conclusions yet, she needed a second opinion.

"Rowan...wake up sweetie," she muttered nudging him helplessly knowing full well he wasn't coming back from this. Aspen tilted her head to the sky and let out a solemn howl calling for @Shalon. The wolf she needed more than anything in the world right now. 

The queen shifted her gaze to Rose knowing how close the two had been and she pushed the girl closer to her silver mother. "Calm down Rose, it's going to be alright.." she said softly trying to hide the tears rolling off her cheeks. "Hush now little one...hush," she said nuzzling her head comfortingly against the little girl. One question rolled in the back of her mind. Who did this....
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon, who sat dozing within her den in the tunnels, a spot she prefered over the fridged stone that she took residence in during the summer. She turned her head to the sound of her Queen's howl, calling for the Duchess herself. Quirking her head to the side, she heard the sorrow and the grief, causing Shalon to rise to her paws and head out into the pale forest of the Court. She had heard steps within the tunnels, however there were so many wolves living inside that she rarely gave the pitter patters any thought. Although this time she wished she had. As she exited the tunnels she quickly found the sent of her Queen and headed in her direction.

Coming up behind the women, Shalon couldn't see the reason for the sadness filled call the Queen had let out moments earlier. She heard the mother sob along side her daughter, but couldn't see what had offended them so. "Aspen?" She called softly, and quietly, with a gentleness Shalon didn't know she possessed. "Aspen what hap..." She dropped off suddenly, as she stepped aside to try and glance at the faes maw. Her stormy eyes falling on the body of the albino pup, who was obviously no longer with them. A tear came to her eye, watching the two other females. Shalon admitted that she didn't know the pups all that well. She prefered to keep her distance, however she also prided herself on her ability to protect everyone. She was a fighter and a leader, it was her job. But seeing one so young dead within her land brought a great anger from deep within the multi-hued woman, and a deep soul bitting sadness should couldn't help but be stunned. As a tear fell from her eyes she lifted her muzzel to the sky and let loose a mournful, hollow filled howl. Honouring the soul of a pup she had viewed as a nephew, even if it was from a distance.

What had happened?

Who would do this?

Was there an intruder?

I failed him.

She broke at her last thought, and stepped alongside the Queen, her adopted sister Aspen. Nosing her, trying to offer an comfort she could. Lowering her nose to the small pup, she nosed the girl softly, "Rose." She spoke in a whisper, trying to comfort the young one. She almost missed the scent of Alder on the Rowan, but tried to brush it off. "Aspen what happened?" She spoke barely above a whisper. Shalon needed to know if they were in danger, if there was someone to go after.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Tears streamed down her face in an emotional mess as sobs fought their way from her while she lay beside her lifeless brother. She had never experienced these emotions before, sadness and anger overtook her and she felt both irritation and heartache for her pale sibling. How could he just leave her? Didn't he know family was supposed to stick together? "Dumb Ro" she screamed while pushing her face into his colorless fur to hide the anger on her face. 

She had heard her mother's approach but Rose paid no attention to her. Of all things she felt furious towards her silver queen. Why hadn't she been here to protect him!? "No" she let out when her mother tried to motion her closer and refused any further comfort the leaders might try to offer. She didn't want their sympathy...she wanted her brother back! Inexperienced with these kind of situations, the young princess didn't know how to deal with this loss. She didn't know how to deal with the pain and no matter how hard she tried it wouldn't go away. This was her worst nightmare come true and it hurt more than anything before.
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
skipping Aspen due to news from the slack channel, I can always delete if Aspen wants to jump back in.

Shalon frowned, watching the young girls tears and sadness brought forth Shalon's own grief. Dipping down sligthly to view the child better, she gave the young one a small sad smile. "I am so sorry Rose." She spoke softly, not wanting to frighten her. She could see that Aspen had tried to comfort the girl, without much luck. Quite frankly Shalon didn't know what else to do, she wasn't the girls mother, or father. With a small sigh she rose back up, looking from the Queen, to the princess, and finally to the fallen prince before them. "Say goodbye Rose, you won't see him again for a long time." She tried to sooth the girl, this was the only way Shalon could think to do it. 

Slowly sitting on her haunches, Shalon waited patiently for the sister to let go of her brother. Every so often her silver orbs would glance over at Aspen, waiting for her to do or say something.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
last post from me

The presence of her mother and Shalon only pushed Rose further away. She didn't want the company of an adult but instead she sought the support of her remaining siblings. Where ever they were they deserved to know what happened and the russet girl would make sure that they wouldn't face this kind of sadness alone. She pulled away from her motionless brother and turned to run back towards the den where she had come from. For a moment she wondered where her father was and why he too hadn't been here to protect Rowan when he needed him most. What kind of parents just let their child die!?

She didn't understand what had happened here but she sure as hell understood that she never wanted to feel this way again. With tears staining her cheeks, Rose sprinted off to the den in search of any siblings that were willing to be there for her.