Broken Antler Fen Come meet my savior.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Pearl :D Also the kids are welcome too! @Mato @Nova @Benjamin @Ivy
@Andalusia, I hope it is okay I assumed she is with him!

Sebastian had just accepted Andalusia within their ranks. The male was happy that they had an extra adult in their ranks that could provide with them. Plus Andalusia was not just a wolf, but a very special one. Sebastian walked closer to the den entrance. "Pearl? Are you there? I have someone I'd like you to meet," he spoke.

Sebastian wanted Pearl and Andalusia to be friends, or at least on good terms. He had the feeling they would seeing in his eyes both females were nice and friendly. He was curious what Andalusia would think of Pearl, sometimes females could be complex in their thinking. Sebastian often couldn't keep up. Not that he minded that, because he would try his best to understand.

Maybe even a few of the pups would come out and greet their newest member. Normally Sebastian wouldn't just present a newest member so close to his young but this was Andalusia and she was special to him.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl took her attention off of her rough-housing children long enough to respond to her mate."Yeah, I'm coming, just a sec," she said, booping one of the kids on the head. She made her way to the entrance of the den, through the mini-hoard that was growing fast. She crawled out, ears alert for the newcomer as she greeted her husband with a lick to the cheek. 

It was cold all the time now, so everyone's winter coats were full and fluffy, making the den extra warm at night. Of course, that only led to the expected shock of cold when fully exposed to the elements. "Have you mentioned them before?" she asked, shaking her pelt out with a shiver.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Though Andalusia had followed Sebastian well into the land of Broken Antler Fen, she hadn't gone as far as he; with the densite well in sight, the Ostrega stopped a safe distance back and let Sebastian draw the final steps toward his destination.

Andalusia had tended to nursing mothers enough to expect mistrust from them, particularly while their children were vulnerable. Andalusia knew her company did not warrant this apprehension, but Sebastian's mate did not know her, and could not know the Ostrega would not hurt her pups. It was safer to assume the Alpha would greet her with a raised guard, and this accounted for her submission now. Andalusia wanted the Alpha's trust and respect, and she would do all she could to earn that from her. With this at the forefront of her mind, Andalusia drew into submission and hunkered her body to the ground.

Shortly after Sebastian summoned his mate, a woman emerged, washed as the snow. Her exchange with Sebastian confirmed her position as the Fen's leading female - Pearl, Sebastian had called her - and Andalusia drew herself forward with calculated steps. She stopped at the furthest distance she could keep herself from the densite, while still enterting the woman's line of sight. She deigned not to speak until beckoned by either: for now the Alpha's reputation was white like her, but would be coloured by Andalusia's silent appraisal in the short moments that followed. The Ostrega made her decisions with the acute knowledge the exchange went both ways: in mere seconds her actions could gain her favour in the mother's eyes, or build animosity against her.
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
His father’s beckoning and his mother’s departure from the den had sparked some curiosity into the growing boy. Acting on this, Mato padded out after Pearl as he wondered just what was going on.

Pulling himself from the den, Mato’s eyes fell to the stranger before them. He glanced quickly at his parents, as if questioning just who this wolf was before returning them to the Fen’s newest member. Giving her a once over, Mato’s tail wagged and he offered a smile before booming a boisterous, “HI!”
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian returned a lick to Pearl's cheek in return when she came from the den. He looked lovingly at her. Andalusia showed utter respect by showing submission to her. The young male looked between the two females. Though then his oldest son came running from the den and greeted the female. Sebastian chuckled at the sight. "This is Mato, my oldest son. Pearl, Mato. This is Andalusia. She is our newest member,' he introduced.

He then looked at Pearl, addressing her only now seeing that Mato was young. "I knew Andalusia before we met. When I was a member at Redhawk Caldera, I got injured and she helped me back all the way home. If she wasn't there I wouldn't be alive today," he explained to her. Hopefully Pearl had more context now why he wanted her to meet their newest member. He nodded at Andalusia. He would stay forever grateful to her.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl grinned at her eldest, making his introduction loud and blatant to the new member. She nodded happily in greeting to the woman before turning to listen to Sebastian. After hearing his story she looked at Andalusia in amazement, ears pointed with interest. She dipped her head out of respect to the woman, without whom Pearl would not have had the life she had now. 

"I am indebted to you for your kindness, then." A smile spread across her face, the seriousness being cast to the wind after it was necessary. "But welcome to the Fen, I hope you enjoy it here. We are glad to have you."
241 Posts
Ooc —
Her composure held, until one of Pearl's children bound out of the den to offer one of the most indiscreet welcomes she'd received thus far, and Andalusia's face cracked into a grin again. "It's a pleasure to meet you both," she returned with the trail of a laugh, first to Sebastian's spirited son, and then to Pearl, on whom her attention remained.

As Sebastian spoke for her, Andalusia wondered how Pearl would respond to his words. Through the subsiding twinge of her smile, the Ostrega bit her tongue. Would his story render jealousy in the woman? Would the mother see a threat in her because of Sebastian's praise? The next moments would be telling, not only of her future here, but of Pearl's character, and the trust the ruling queen put in her mate.

What Andalusia saw in Pearl when the Alphess turned her piqued interest toward her brought the Ostrega peace. Andalusia swept her tail across the ground. "The debt's been paid," she returned, and bowed her head, to both Sebastian and Pearl. "You've both repayed in full through the family you've started here." Andalusia's smile broadened, and she relaxed herself off the ground. Her gaze hopped briefly back to Mato. "So then, how many do you have?"
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Not sure how I missed this thread? :P Sorry for the hold up!

Sebastian was always proud of his mate and how kind she was. He really loved how much she trusted him and how well they seemed to fit together. Sebastian glanced lovingly at her. She really was the biggest price he could ever have gotten. Andalusia seemed happy too and he was pleased to see the females getting along. That was all he wanted. Then Andalusia asked a question. He was not sure if it was addressed to Pearl or both of them. Sebastian decided to answer anyways. "We are blessed with four of them," he chuckled. He always wanted to be a father and be a good father to them.

They also adopted Odette but Andalusia already knew that. Sebastian smiled and was pleased that Mato was so social already. He was a good kid. They all were. He was proud of all his children.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
just gonna wrap it up and archive, since it's about 2 months out of date :)

Pearl smiled gently as Andalusia reassured them their debt was paid with all that they had built here. She didn't quite understand why all this could repay such a monumenteous thing as saving her mate's life, but for now she would accept it. 

Internally, Pearl breathed a sigh of relief as the older woman appeared more comfortable after she answered. Being disliked by one of Sebastian's closest friends wasn't one of her major goals in life. As Sebastian answered Andalusia's last question, she looked proudly at Mato and back at the other three in the den. It really was a good life they had built here. Happily, they chatted on before Pearl returned to check on the pups, dismissing herself respectfully from the conversation. She was so glad Sebastian was able to see one of his old friends again.