Moonspear I think I maybe think too much
219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
All Welcome 
Fall was coming to an end soon, and behind it would quickly come winter. Some plants still flowered in the colder months, even in snow, but many did not. So she was harvesting, hoarding, for the winter. Things for cuts and broken bones, things to fight infection, things to heal minor pains to great ones. She was especially stocking up on things for colds, coughs, sneezing...all the things that accompanied winter when it came. The little princesses had yet to encounter winter and she wanted to be sure to treat them if they found themselves ill.

She had even begun trekking into the surrounding lands to harvest things there. She wanted her herb stash to be well stocked, well prepared. Thinking ahead in her worry-wart way, she'd also begun collecting rocks of paw size or larger. She wanted to barricade the entrance to the stash in the colder weather. To keep out the elements and any vermin. She really wanted a nice large stone to roll across the entrance as a whole...but she knew she likely wouldn't be able to push such a rock away from the hole itself, much less move it to the herb cache.

She'd also taken up harvesting seeds from plants she used often, such as seeds from blackberries. Perhaps she could plant it nearer to the cache, make her own little garden. Such ideas for the future delighted her. She was on the search for more herbs, having just deposited her last batch. (She'd simply been putting them inside, the organization she'd save for a later date.) Her spirit was high, pleased with her work and with feeling useful. She was light on her feet, nearly skipping as she went.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
The Dotharan felt an itch in his paws that was familiar to him; the need to run. He was still unused to these stationary packs, carving out only a sliver of what was avaliable to them to live in. There was so much land to run in, and yet he was practically bound to the pack's lands. He huffed, trotting quickly, leaving a trail of pale smoke from his heavy breath.

Occasionally the masked-male would burst into a dash, but he felt limited by the rocks and sloping land. He cursed, slowing to a halt, muttering to himself, all but ignoring the female nearby. She'd probably think he was crazy.

219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
She was so focused on her task, so caught up in the thought of what to gather (and so pleased by the idea of gathering), that she missed the male almost entirely until his voice reached her. She turned to look, wondering who she'd managed to run into, but found an unfamiliar face. The male was muttering to himself and she paused in her skipping, raising her muzzle to take in his scent. She breathed a sigh of relief as she noticed he bore the scents of Moonspear. 

A new member she hadn't met then. It seemed there were quite a few of those lately. His muttering put thoughts of Judas in her head, and she felt her stomach flip with worry. Worry for the pack, but also worry for her friend. He was out there somewhere, and Charon hadn't seemed too accepting of her answer about why he'd left. She didn't want to let the male get by without an introduction though. She liked to meet people, as strange as they may be.

"Hey there!" She called out, her breath puffing out in a great cloud before her. She started to trot towards him as a reasonable pace, slow enough that if he ignored her she could veer away, but fast enough to not be left in the dust of his quick pace. "We haven't met yet, are you new?"
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
He blinked, startled at her voice. He cursed at himself for being so caught in his own world that he could not see around him, then turned to the woman. Yes, He nodded, wondering how many times he would be asked that. They never asked such things in the khalases. I am Zoratto, 

219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
The male's voice was gruff, and he was clearly started by her call. She watched him a moment, smiling hesitantly. "My name is Pyx. It's nice to meet you, Zoratto." She smiled warmly, wondering where the man was from. "I'm training as a medic within the pack, or, at least trying to train myself. If you ever need healing herbs just call for me. I'd be happy to help." She wanted the wolves within the pack to know she could help. She'd hate to think that any wolves were laying around injured when she could do something.

"Have you...been here long?" He hadn't turned from her, but he also hadn't seemed to open up for conversation. She wasn't sure if she should let him go or keep talking. In true Pyx fashion, she continued nervously talking.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She spoke, a lot more than he was used to for someone he just met. But it was not without purpose. She was the medic, or at least training to be the medic. Wolves with some knowledge in medicinal herbs were always treated with some kind of mixture of disrespect and fear, especially if they were male. Most of the medics were slaves; the Dotharan, even the women, were warriors, scouts and hunters, not flower-pickers. But he did not disrespect her, unlike some of his counterparts. Azzaro was training to be a healer.

No, He rumbled, wondering what else she would try and pry out of him.

219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
He still did not seem to be very interested in conversation, but she was surprised when her questions drew forth only a simple one word response. She laughed softly a little and nodded, thinking he would continue, but when he didn't she stuttered to a start and began to speak again in her nervous way of filling the silence.

"Oh. Uh...well, it's good to know I'm not so out of the loop then I guess. I've been here for a little while now, almost six months I think, actually. It's nice to be getting so many new faces. Do you...uhm come from very far away?" She tilt her head, feeling awkward and unsure what to make of the male.
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)

155 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She seemed uncomfortable from his lack of speech, but he did not have much to say to her. Not much in common, either. A healer and a warrior? He could not engage in such a conversation without thinking of Azzaro, hence his cold demeanor.

Yes, His hind leg came up to scratch at his ear. Very far. All plains. No mountains.

219 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Away
Aw, Pyx found a passive-aggressive backbone.

She felt a little put-out by his short answers. She felt a small sense of indignation at the idea of being unwanted by a newly met wolf for no discernable reason. She would never say as much, for she was far too timid, but she could think it. His answers were again short and now her blabbering turned from awkward to a bit determined, and suddenly she plainly didn't care if he found her annoying or not, as he was already annoying her.

"Must be hard to adjust then, to the Mountains. What made you join a place so different from your home?" Her own home hadn't been quite as mountainous as here, but there had been some mountains. It hadn't been a terrible adjustment when she decided to join. "Is it very different there? Other than the mountains, I mean." 
Seeking
Medic Trade (5/10)
Naturalist (3/5)