Staff Change & Notes
December 28, 2016, 08:31 PM
Morrighan
Approved Members

Hello, WOLFers!

After another long break, I've decided to return as a staff member. WOLF is a game I created 3.5 years ago and though my activity has ebbed and flowed, it has always been and remains very important to me.

I know many of you will assume that this is because of recent events, and this is partially true. While I'm always disappointed to see long-time members leave, I also understand that being on staff is often a thankless job and can be very emotionally exhausting— reaching my emotional limit has been the reason for most of my breaks, in fact. My return is an effort to give the existing staff members support and to provide a refreshed perspective to the team.

In the next week or so, we will be working on some minor changes to the Guidebook to address certain gaps, particularly related to in character conflict and how we expect it to work with the game's consent and meta-gaming rules.

Finally, I want to address what some see as a lack of transparency from the staff. We always strive to be fair and impartial when working with players, whether that involves asking a player to leave, mediating out of character conflict, addressing a concern from a player, and everything in between. Often, this means as players you only see or hear half of the story. We do not explain reasons for bans out of respect for the parties involved, and at times we are unable to fully explain our decisions because it would destroy the protection of anonymity. This is a desire to prevent potential witch hunts or further fueling conflicts.

If you have any questions or concerns about any of this, please feel free to message me via this account.
December 28, 2016, 08:35 PM
Fox
Approved Members

For totally unrelated reasons (JK, IT'S ALL BECAUSE I HATE EMALEE), I'm going on a 1-3 month admin sabbatical. I'll still be around in character, but I'm letting these three nerds handle staff things while I take a bit of a break. Hopefully they don't ruin the game while I'm on "vacation." ;)
December 29, 2016, 04:09 PM
Morrighan
Approved Members

Additional Change

In the interest of creating more transparency on how the admin team operates, and to get some consistent fresh blood perspectives on the team, we are introducing a rotating monthly assistant position. Only pack managers are eligible to volunteer and are able to sign-up via a thread in their private forum. Our goal is that everyone who volunteers will get a turn eventually.

What the Assistant Admin will be part of:
— The admin forum
— The admin slack channel
— Full board maintenance
— We'd still prefer members with concerns CC all permanent admins, but these PMs are typically discussed as a group in Slack or in the forums, so assistants will be providing insight on those issues as well. This includes member reprimands.
— Deciding on board wide plots, game improvements, and other similar items.
— Contributing diversity, outsider perspectives, and additional impartiality as it relates game management.
— Calling us out on our shit, yo.
February 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
Wildfire
Drageda
Feisripa
*cheats and c+p this from Twitter* Just wanna make sure this is as visible as possible! :)

Quote:We're considering some add'l staff. If you're interested in managing & prepared for the responsibility, please drop us a line telling us why you think you'd be a good fit on our community management team!
February 24, 2017, 04:51 PM
Gannet
Redhawk Caldera
Delta
Hey all! 

This probably doesn't come as too much of a surprise considering my recent scarcity, but I'm unfortunately needing to take a (more official) hiatus from wolf. Work is absolutely killing my free time right now and I barely have time to glance at the site, let alone participate in any capacity :(

This shouldn't be permanent, at least in a member sense, and I still will likely be lurking about! But it's best I think if I focus on rl stuff at the moment without the stress of feeling I'm leaving things hanging here.  I miss you guys lots <3 hopefully I can get into a routine that works and return soon!
March 06, 2017, 11:01 AM
Owl
Approved Members

Just a minor update that my (Riven) main IC account is switching from Emaleth to @Owl. <3