Golden Glade how far i'll go
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara

It was rare to see the girl about after her brother's death, but what caused her even more grief was the sudden disappearance of her mother and more importantly her twin sister. Her other half was missing and Rose felt lost without her family by her side. Sure she had not exactly been welcoming the past week, but the young princess never would have thought her actions would cause this! She had been the one to send them running hadn't she? It was her fault!

Rose couldn't place the blame anywhere but on herself and for a moment she considered ending it. Her father had told her that the lifeless didn't feel pain anymore and the russet girl craved relief. She didn't want to feel this torture eating her alive anymore, she just wanted to break free from this grief. Torn between going to look for comfort or running away, Rose shuffled along the borders of her home while contemplating what her next move would be. She didn't want anyone else to leave her but at the same time she didn't want anyone growing closer. After all the closer they are the more it hurts when they leave.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Bastard. Emory felt betrayed, she had spent months upon months feeling guilty for wondering too far, she toiled over finding her brother, her only family, the only person she could say she loved. The only friend in her closed off life, and she finally found him, and he changed so much. His name, his mentality, everything. He ended conning, unlike her who would never disrespect their father in abandoning his art. And he left. The minute she found him, after days of toiling to find him once again and that bastard left. Rage had been building inside her, she wanted to tear something to shreds. Her head was lowered, the lustful eyes she usually held were pools of wrath. Until, they spotted the young rusty pelted girl in the distance. She paused, and tried to maintain her composure best she could. It was her niece, and she seemed trouble. While also wandering about the border, something Aspen likely wouldn't allow. 

"Rose?" The yearling and her had met once already, though brief and no conversation had arose from it, just Aspen showing her he pups and moving on. "Why are you all the way out here?" Emory had no clue of Aspen and Tigerlily's disappearance, and was taken aback by Roses freedom.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She had smelt her aunt's approach long before she caught sight of her, and had tried to slip away before running into her but failed miserably. She paused as her name hit her ears and slowly turned to face the woman who painfully reminded her of her father. "Thinking" she muttered out before turning back to look out on the free lands not ruled by her family. She wondered if it was any better out there...if there was less pain.

She let a sigh escape her before continuing on her walk again. Rose glanced back at Emory to see if she would follow, and while the girl was not in the mood to be social, she did leave a space for her aunt to walk beside her. After all, she had been the one to stay. Not her father or mother, but her weird aunt. So that made her ok in Rose's book.
But the downside of being a con artist is that it's very hard to con. Even if the lies you tell are to yourself.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory gladly took up the space beside Rose, glancing down at her ginger coat before refocusing on where she was going. Her short and blunt answer wasn't satisfying for the woman, and her tailed flicked slightly in determination. "About?" She prodded, eagerly wanting to know why the pup was so far from her den. She seemed solemn, and the agouti mistress couldn't allow seeing the few family she held left to fall into a depressed state. Yes, at the moment she was filled with rage, but she knew well soon enough the melancholy situation would hit her hard.

She now realized how dumb the question was, of course she was thinking about her lost father, though unknowingly her sister and mother. "Nevermind that, listen, Rose." Emory moved to stand in front of her niece with glum eyes. "You can do this." 
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Her aunt's question caused a grim look to fall on the girl's face. Shouldn't Emory be feeling the same way Rose was? After all she had lost her brother and nephew on the same day. The russet girl's mouth parted to answer the question but snapped shut when her aunt moved to block her path. You can do this..."do what?" Survive? Of course she was going to make it through this, if not for herself then for Hawthorn. She refused to abandon him like the rest of her family, no, she would live for him and for him alone. 

Rose's eyes were like a void, stare into them too long and you'll eventually find yourself sucked in. "Aren't you sad?" She questioned, face stoic as she watched for her aunt's reaction. She wanted to know if she felt this pain too, Rose didn't want to believe she was the only one grieving for her family.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory was taken aback by Rose's second question, her ears pulled back and a face of worry replaced determination. Since finding out her family's pardon, she replaced any sign of sadness with a wall of anger and wrath. She didn't want to feel again, not like she did about her father or mother. Not like she did when she wandered away from Charley, so she shoved the heartache best she could deep down, and built a tall wall of distraction and rage. But Rose's stare, it seemed to carry not her brothers stare. Convincing, perfect for conning. He was the only one to pull her true emotions in a remotely easy way, but now she looked down at his descendant, and she could do it too.

"I..." Emory paused, afraid to answer in honesty. She considered lying, something she was so perfectly skilled at, but this was her family. She wouldn't, couldn't, lie. "Of course I am, I'm a wreck, and I've bottled everything up with a blindspot of anger. But it doesn't matter how I feel, it's you and your brother I care most about." She barely knew either of them, but it was her only blood left.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
She gave a flick of her tail when she heard her aunt's answer. So anger was not an unusual emotion to feel after all? She looked down at the freshly fallen snow that made her think of Rowan. At Emory's final words Rose let out a sigh and lifted her head back up so that she was facing her aunt once again. "The ones who say they care about us most are the ones that always leave." And it was true. Her father, mother, and sister had all abandoned her and even Rowan had left her behind while he went on to the afterlife. 

She didn't wait for any response, her decision already final. Rose believed Emory would abandon her too and no amount of words could change her mind. The only thing that would make the princess believe that her aunt was sincere was if she actually stuck around.
102 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Emory lowered her ears, she knew well what the young girl we going through, she was grateful Rose at least had her brother, hopefully the two would grow as close as Charley and her, but actually stick together from now on. "I'll prove it, Rose!" She exclaimed, watching as the russet girl continued to walk. "I'll stay for you two."

The woman knew well words would mean little to nothing, but she would stay loyal to the only family left in her life. She would care for them with her entire life, no matter how difficult it may be.