Dragoncrest Cliffs your mouth is a church and i forgot how to pray
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Before her, he is leagues more mindful of himself than with any other. He squared his paws and watched her carefully, all while some of his usual pride was exchanged for respectful deference. It may still be wise of him to be extra attentive, he suspected, but small steps forward will help him feel it out better.

When she spoke, his ears turned forward and he blinked. He took a few seconds to truly formulate what he intended to say about this -- any and all of it. None of it was wrong. Between founding their new claim on the cliffs to delaying the hedonakru litter, and all else throughout. "I know," he did agree first of all, as much as he didn't like the sound of it. "Not wrong. Not easy, either." he added quietly. To not only make the choice (among many others lately), but to deliver the crushing standards, and then see the outcome. He wasn't envious, instead only quietly as understanding as he could hope to be. She had his support regardless.

He licked his lips, squinting thoughtfully into the cold breeze. Wildfire's heart may have been broken, but he didn't want to see her and her (his, theirs,) cubs suffer when the pack could not support them as strongly as they deserved. Maybe weeks or months down the line, Wildfire may understand the decision beyond the sentiment. Although he still understood why she was wounded. "How much of her absence has to do with that, you think?" he asked delicately as he could, assuming her to have had better contact than him.. but he could only imagine. It had been a hectic week. Maybe it was more than just her angst manifesting in needing to be away from everything here. He couldn't say.
Messages In This Thread
RE: your mouth is a church and i forgot how to pray - by Dio - January 18, 2017, 12:42 AM
RE: your mouth is a church and i forgot how to pray - by Dio - February 11, 2017, 03:56 AM
RE: your mouth is a church and i forgot how to pray - by Dio - February 15, 2017, 02:50 PM
RE: your mouth is a church and i forgot how to pray - by Dio - February 21, 2017, 10:52 PM