Mount Apikuni I still wonder if I ever felt the pain
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
[table width=65%][tr][td]

Her questions were things he couldn't really answer, because Tryphon had never actively studied the stars for the purpose of travel. He watched them every night when he was alone, danced under them with Saghani, and had found comfort in their presence when he was among the wolves of Duskvale — but their role in his travel was minimal. Of course, he also somehow developed an understanding of some of them. Perhaps this would be of use to the flabbergasted female with which he now shared company?

Uh, well, he fumbled for a few minutes, trying to remember the things gleaned through his many months of wandering.

You can see that star most frequently in the winter months. It doesn't seem to move through the sky - everything moves around it instead. I think... I think the closer it is to the center of the sky... The further north you are. I could be wrong, I mean.. I never really thought about it. But now that he did, wracking his brain for memories of the sky throughout the days, it seemed to click. You can even see it glowing in the day, if its clear. Have you... uh, been following it? I mean, for long? It was a good place to start if someone wanted to make a bee-line in one direction or another; if you kept Polaris in front of you (and were mindful of its relation to the horizon) then you couldn't possibly get lost.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 05, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 06, 2017, 11:17 AM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 06, 2017, 03:15 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 19, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 21, 2017, 03:04 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 30, 2017, 12:16 PM