Dragoncrest Cliffs we can never go back, we can only go on and on
build me up from bones
138 Posts
Ooc — Siro
"Mn." She hummed noncommitally. Tir was not in the habit of believing in things such as luck, but she would not begrugde others for it. The young woman offered her name; Eske. It was simple and rolled off the tongue like a cool sip of water. Easily remembered, too; not that the young Gona was forgettable in any way. She was familiar in a way that Tir could not put a finger on, so she didn't bother ruminating on it further. Had she done so, she might have recalled Gavriel mentioning that his children had stayed behind in Drageda. For now she was content with leaving it unanswered.

Thuringwethil arrived only a few moments later, appearing out of the underbrush looking just as fierce and unyielding as the day she departed Seageda. Her body tightened and her expression shifted subtly as she stood before the scrutinzing gaze of the Heda. Two conflicting waves of emotions clashed in her breast; one of disappointment, and one of pride. Thuringwethil had created the Drageda out of little more than a few followers, but she had also promoted strangers to the ranks of the Hedonakru. But she had come this far, and there was no turning back.

"And you, Heda. Gyda and Gavriel made it to Seageda safetly," she replied as her lips twisted into a smile. "and two yearlings left in their wake. I hope that they found a place among the Drageda, as I hope to." 
"There are no guarantees in the future. That's why today, the time we have now, is important."
Trigedasleng is denoted in bold/italic if not already written out. Hover for translations. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: we can never go back, we can only go on and on - by Tirgatao - January 08, 2017, 07:55 PM