Stone Circle Where do you roam little duck?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
@Nikai @Valette @Steady @Grayday @Dawn
Sunny had escaped from the den and is wandering! I think they are able to speak some now?

Sunny grew bored in the den with just Dawn and Grayday to keep him company, and he managed to wander away successfully. He had left the clearing and entered the rest of the territory, eagerly sniffing at everything and looking around with wide reddish eyes. Some kind of prey animal made a scary noise and he screeched, but then started giggling. Exploring was fun! Why had mommy or daddy never allowed him to explore more often?

He saw something in the bushes, it had a Long fluffy tail and made weird chittering noises "hey! Hey you!"  He called in his baby voice. The squirrel looked up at him in alarm scolded him and ran away up a tree. He huffed a small sigh, disappointed that this creature didn't want to play.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai didn't know that Day had any puppies when they first met, but later he had been told that he did. He liked the thought of not being the tiniest pup of the pack anymore, like he and Keoni were all big and adult-like now because there were smaller pups, too. Unsuspecting, he wandered around the pack looking for something fun to do or someone to talk to, when suddenly a squirrel came dashing towards him. Nikai was too surprised to react, or he might've had a quick meal, and was left watching the squirrel as it dashed into the tree.

As he glanced in the opposite direction, he saw a small pup with a disappointed look on his face, and he knew that this must be one of Day's pups. Who else could it be? "Hiya puppy, I'm Nikai," Nikai said as he closed the distance towards the younger pup, remembering he had been told the names, probably, at some point or another, but having forgotten. He hoped the pup would introduce himself so that he'd know.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn had been following closely behind her brother, though she tried her hardest to keep her presence hidden. Each step she took was tiny and calculated with just enough oomph to keep her body going in the snow. That is, until a much larger pup came from the side and stopped in front of her brother, which Dawn did not like at all. She marched in front of Sunny and proudly voiced her defiance — No. — Then, Dawn looked over her shoulder to Sunny and gave a warm smile, as if to tell him that she would protect him against the stranger's wrath.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had been sitting moping over the loss of a potential play friend,when a larger pup walked over to him. The boy called him a pup, how rude! He was about to protest when Dawn marched in front of him and told the stranger boy off. Sunny laughed softly and moved forward, touching his nose to his sister's cheek affectionately before facing the older boy -hadnt he said his name was Nikai?- and offering a friendly smile "Hello dere, this is my sister Dawn. I'm sunny" he said with a awkward wag of his tail.

"Watcha doin? I escaped from daddy gray!" He boasted as his tiny chest puffed out with pride. It only then officially sunk in that Dawn had followed him, and he turned to her with a mouth open in awe "you're sneaky!" He said with a wide grin as he nipped her ears playfully.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai wasn't very used to hearing 'no' from strangers, and he looked taken aback, neck arching backwards with a tilted head in question, and ears prodded forward curiously. Keoni would tell him no, and sometimes — though it wasn't very often needed with Nikai — Valette and Steady would tell him no, but never wolves he'd only just met. Maybe these were different because they were smaller pups. "No?" he echoed in confusion, not sure why he wasn't allowed to say hello to the pups.

The other puppy started to speak to him though, and Nikai was glad that he was already pretty good at speaking. A lot better than he and Keoni at that age, from what he remembered. "Hi Dawn 'n Sunny," he said with a wag of his tail. He remembered having been told about about Dawn and Sunny, and that they were Day's pups. Nikai had been intrigued to hear, because it meant he was no longer the smallest child around. "Your daddy is gonna be worried," he said to Sunny. " 'cause he loves you a lot, and he's probably looking for you right now." Nikai and Keoni had wandered off at times too, and that was what Nikai remembered from when he had. It didn't even occur to him that they might view him as the party pooper, because thinking of others' needs and feelings came so natural to Nikai that he thought it did to everybody else, too.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
I came witcha! Dawn whispered frantically, trying to hold up her tough act. She gave a frustrated sigh as her brother nipped at her ears, continuing his shenanigans with this stranger. Once she saw that they seemed to be hitting it off however, she sat back on her haunches and gave a huff of defeat. Hi, she murmured. Dawn rolled her eyes as Nikai explained her dad's worry, then thought it might be good to speak up, but she chose to hold her tongue. Rather, she nipped at Sunny's tail, pulling back slightly, as if to silently express just how little she wanted to keep this up.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While Keoni and Nikai were getting older, and therefore their diameter of free territory to roam was getting larger, he still went looking for them if they weren't at the den. Call him a worry-wart, but it stressed him not to know where they were. However, the snow did have one silver lining: it allowed him to easily track the pawprints of his son.

He followed and slowed when voices reached his ears. Apparently, his son wasn't the only pup out gallivanting around. With a smile, he approached the trio. What do we have here? A threesome of escape artists? he asked, his voice clearly amused. He was happy they were at least safe within the territory, and he knew exploring was going to happen to curious pups. So, he couldn't be too mad.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny whirled around at the yank on his tail "Hey! Not nice!" He scolded his sister, though to be honest he didn't mind at all. He touched his nose to Dawn's cheek "just a few more seconds okay?" He asked just as Steady arrivedturning around with a guilty smile he wagged his tail hesitantly "hewwo uncle Steady. The den is so boring!" He complained quietly.

Walking over to the alpha he nuzzled against him giving Steady the (Literal) puppy dog eyes "you should show us the whole pack!" He suggested eagerly his excitement causing his tail to slap against Steady's forelegs. "Pweaaaase?! " He begged.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It seemed weirdly coincidental that Nikai's own father would arrive just as he mentioned that Sunny and Dawn's father must be worried about them. An ear tilted backward when he heard Steady's footfalls and recognised them before he turned around to face his father. Nikai took a step closer and licked Steady's chin in a respectful gesture before he turned back to look at the younger pups. He didn't think it was too bad for him to be out now that he was older, but perhaps it would make it easier for Sunny and Dawn if he were included in the berating, so Nikai said nothing of it.

"Maybe we could stay a bit longer for a walk?" Nikai suggested, looking at Steady imploringly. "Or play a game?" He wasn't going to bed, because no meant no, but Nikai hoped that Steady would agree with playing a game or going for the walk Sunny wanted.