Broken Antler Fen Did you ever think this would happen?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Joining 
As I wait for which members that will come to BAF for the sake of the speed thread this one is for @Sebastian and @Pearl (& @Malice if you feel up to it Marie! :D)

Burke had made the trip with Malice at his side. It had taken a few days seeing that they couldn't travel at the fastest pace with Vassago and Pyro. But Burke was in no hurry to replace his former status. As they moved down the mountain range he did realize it came closer and closer. Burke reminded himself that he didn't want the full responsibility of leading a pack, but perhaps he could give Sebastian some advise.

The strange thing was that he hadn't sensed Judas his scent? Hadn't he made it already to tell of their arrival? Otherwise this was going to be rough to tell them or even ask Sebastian and his mate they were allowed to join, that they had room for them to join. Burke glanced at Malice. Perhaps he took another route down? Burke continued the pace with the group until they reached the southern borders of the pack.

Burke howled for Sebastian and his mate. Pearl. That was her name. Yes. Right. Curiously enough still not a sign from Judas. Had he even arrived? The male felt old especially after traveling. He just wanted to lie down and sleep for a few hours.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian snapped his head up when he heard a howl. It sounded old in a way. A worn voice. The young male thought he recognized that howl for a moment. He was curious and it called for the leaders of this pack. That was him, and Pearl. He decided that he already wanted to see who was calling.

The grey male moved forward through the serene territory. Especially in winter there were the most beautiful landscapes and little sound to disturb ones thinking. Sebastian made it to the southern border, not many arrived there. He made himself a bit bigger but it instantly deflated in shock when he saw who was standing on his doorstep.

"Father? I mean, Burke," he spoke with a frown, rather confused to see him here with.... Malice??? What was she doing here with his father? "Malice?," he greeted questioningly. Was she together with his dad? Gross. There were others too and Sebastian wasn't sure what this whole thing was about. His pale eyes turned back towards those of his father.

He hadn't seen Burke in a long time, however he had come to their borders once. Pearl had told him so. Surprisingly enough it were good words, but also a warning not to come look for him again. Sebastian was rather confused why his father was looking for him now, with his small pack of wolves it seemed. "What do you want? Why are you here?"
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The journey had been cold. On the mountain, but even on the ground where they were protected from the vicious winds and snowfalls. Malice had been born in a hot region, far to the south where even plants did not like to grow. Teekon pushed her body to the limits, and it was easy to tell that she was not as well adapted to the snow and cold as her older mate and two sons. Luckily her coat was lush, but not nearly as thick as most winter wolves. Still, she pulled through, holding an eye on their two sons as Vassago was entranced by the scenery.

She was afraid of meeting Sebastian again. What would he think of her with his father and their two lovely sons? It must be a weird sight, and yet she couldn't picture Sebastian being disgusted by the fact that his father had been seduced by her and that true love had blossomed between the two. Finally there, there was no point in turning back. She missed home, but had to bury those feelings deep inside and paint on a smile - even though she was exhausted.

Vassago she kept close as he stood near her hind legs, looking around excited yet tired. Judas was still missing, and she worried about him too. It was not like him to not return. He had said something of wolves wanting him, and Malice was not a positive thinker when it came to these things. Perhaps he was even kidnapped by the brotherhood, even though it was unlikely. When Sebastian showed up, she nodded politely, not reacting to his somewhat confused tone. Hello again, Sebastian. She greeted in her rough yet soothing voice.

At his question, she kept quiet, letting Burke do the talking. He was the father, after all, and she just a... mother in law? That sounded weird and she hoped Sebastian would not see her as a mother figure. She had her paws full with her own two boys and would rather like him as a friend.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Sebastian was there rather quick and it pleased Burke. His son looked well. Young and strong. He couldn't help to be a bit jealous as he wouldn't mind to be his age right now. He damned his own age and that he felt unfit to be a leader. "You can call me father," he spoke in return to Sebastian, though it almost made his toes curl. It was strange to be civil towards him in person. Then the male greeted his mate who he seemed to know. They met? Malice never told him she met Sebastian. What was this?! He would have to question her about this later!

"We send one of our scouts ahead, Judas. The questioning on your face tells me he has not been here yet." Burke looked a bit troubled. He hoped that the male was alright. He hated that he had to do the word now. Great, now he even had to explain all of this. "Well, As you know I am not the youngest. Running and managing a pack can be quite difficult and our members were rarely sufficient to last through winter so we hoped we could join yours instead. If you have the room for your old man, his mate, two half-brothers and a few followers." He looked at Sebastian more sincerely there had been no sneer in his voice.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian didn't really know how to carry himself before his father. Should he let his guard down because he was his father? Or should he keep his guard up high. Sebastian quietly listened to what Burke had to say. There was something about a scout, but that one had indeed not reached them. As the male was starting to explain Sebastian's crease on his forehead turned deeper. He did not interrupt the male and let him finish. There was a brief pause from him. "Is this a joke?," he asked. This could not be real. His father wanting to live with him?

Though Sebastian couldn't deny he came at a helpful time. They needed members, especially now he had pups. Burke didn't even know about that. He was a grandpa! "Your scout did not reach us though," he returned and looked between the two. "Is this real? You are willing to live in my pack. Do you even remember how well that didn't go back at Black feather," he pointed out and shook his head in disbelief. The male almost wanted to test his father. How real could this be. "You would have to live under my rules. No Blackfeather shenanigans. Could you even be a normal pack member?," he questioned. And then there was Pearl. She would have to approve of this too.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It was clear that there was some tension between father and son and Malice was wary. She knew her mate - how stubborn he could be in certain situations. He was very controlling, and yet here he was - trying to accept the fact he was too old to lead and yet too tired to die. But Malice was there for him, all the way through just like she knew he was there for her. Her ears drooped, unsure of how to act. This was supposed to be the first meeting between son and mother-in-law too, and yet the two had already met. She had wanted to tell Burke, but Sebastian had made it clear it had been a secret. Plus, because of all the life/death situations, she might as well had forgotten.

I am afraid it is no joke. She tried to lighten the mood with a smile, uncomfortable talking about the Brotherhood and all Burke had done. She did not want to see him again in such an intimidating and dangerous light. Then again, she doubted he would like to hear of all she had done in her past. The past was better left alone, she found, for wolves really could change. Their whole family was living proof of it.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke let out a snort, wanting to tell the boy to be more respectful towards him. But the male realized he had no rights. He was no alpha anymore, perhaps the leader of this bunch but it had been clear that he was unfit to lead. At least in his eyes. He was a perfectionist and if he couldn't continue the way he liked he would get more agitated and frustrated. The male did not want that at all. "I know things weren't going well at Blackfeather but that was because I served a religion and we had pack standards to uphold," he explained, calmly so.

"Excuse you, before I even was alpha at Blackfeather I served Meldresi loyally as a pack member. My hard work got me my rank. So I can be a normal pack member. I am not planning on having any other shenanigans than my afternoon nap and help where I can. I am a master guardian so I can help patrol the borders and counsel if you want that. Malice is also a warrior and mother of your half brothers. So she knows how to take care of things. We also bring a healer, a scout and another warrior." Burke had always been the one to not talk at all or talk a lot. He felt like he should convince his son to take him in. If they wouldn't then he would have a huge problem.

"So are we welcome or not?," he questioned, perhaps a bit too sharply. He glanced at Malice. Perhaps she could soothe things over like she normally did. The grumpy old male even dipped his head a bit that he was more than willing to at least try and be a pack mate under his son's rule.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian glanced over at Malice when she confirmed it was not a joke. The male's mindset grew a bit more serious to the question that was at stake. He also raised his tail more fully and stood there a bit more confidently. He was slowly realizing that he had the power here to reject his father. But there was still that part of him that wanted to have a good bond with his father. Sebastian listened to Burke comment, which sounded calm at the beginning but ended rather sharply.

The son thought about their numbers and how they were dwelling. He could use this influx of members especially now in winter. Frankly he was already close to agreeing. But with some terms in mind. However. Pearl was not here yet. Perhaps she didn't want Burke here. Sebastian rather didn't want to make this decision alone but if she wouldn't show up he would have to. "If I accept you and the wolves you brought, IF... Then there would be some terms. I am the alpha. I am in charge. They will have to accept that. My mate Pearl rules with me. If they cause any trouble they get one warning. I will kick them out if they don't respect me as their leader. Including you," he made sure to tell his father.

Sebastian wanted to repeat Burke's words at the time with Blackfeather. That there would be a trail period. Frankly, Sebastian was pretty sure that he would always keep an eye out for Burke and his members. He should not even think of Burke's members, but his new joiners. "Do you think they can live with that?," he questioned them both. He was unaware what Burke had agreed with his members or what his idea about this was.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl heard the howl that summoned both her and her mate, and detected its importance and familiarity. She attempted to round up the kids quickly before she took off to the border, but it took longer than she expected. Trying to explain the concept of 'stay' could take a surprising complicated turn when you had multiple young pups that didn't understand. 

Partially satisfied with her efforts, she gave one last once over of her kids before making good time for the territory border. Upon her arrival, she discovered the older male she had seen not too long ago, who she thought said would never come back. Ironic. Father and son were discussing something, and there was a younger female with two pups there as well. Did they want to visit or something? She could only ask to make sure. 

Nudging Seb in greeting and then turning to nod to the pair, she said first, "So sorry for being late, thank you for your patience." Then to her mate, she whispered, "So what's the rundown?"
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice knew well when the time was to keep quiet and when it was time to talk - this was not her argument. She simply served now as a peacekeeper- a rock for her mate to fall back on whenever he wished. He was old, there was no denying that, but had enough braincells to have a mature conversation with his own son. For now, she was kept busy by Vassago, who poked her with a cold nose. Her face was clouded as she looked at him, and the boy was wise enough to not make a scene now. He returned to the others, keeping close to Pyro for the time being.

It was then that a white female entered the scene. So this was the lucky female who had dazzled Sebastian. She seemed nice, and Malice was glad the first stressed out Sebastian had finally found someone of his liking. She nodded to the other female with a kind smile, but kept quiet.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke kept his eyes on his son but his head slowly lowered. He had to as they were desperate for a home. Sebastian seemed to think about it, which made Burke think that the male was considering their joining. The older male looked up when a pale female came forward. He had met her before. His nose took in her scent. It reminded him of Malice. Her coat smelled of young. And now he looked more closely at her belly he saw the clear evidence Malice had too. Pearl didn't have that before, had she? Burke slowly became quite surprised. He glanced over at his son, which had the same scent. He hadn't noticed before as he was getting used to the pack's smell. He looked at his own young, Pyro and Vassago. They seemed to have friends here.

Burke collected himself and nodded to Pearl in greeting. "I do realize that, Sebastian," he spoke to the younger male before him. "I told Pearl what I thought of your pack," he added, though he couldn't bring himself to say it now. "I can live with that. Otherwise I wouldn't have come to your borders. You know I am not one to be playful or joke around." Actually the male could be but it was a very rare occurrence. Burke was now quite curious about these pups of Sebastian and Pearl. It meant that he was a ... Grandpa and Malice well, step-grandma? Burke eyed at Malice and showed a hint of a smile. What a miracle. "I will keep my folks in check. Grandma Malice will help with that, right, Malice, dear?," he teased her. She probably would have noticed Pearl's scent too. Perhaps the female could kindle over that topic of being mothers...?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Pearl was glad when Pearl caught up and came to stand with him. He nosed her cheek for a moment. He needed her by her side, she was an alpha too and he valued her opinion. Burke spoke again and confirmed that he knew what he was saying. It sounded convincing? Sebastian as hesitant though, because his father could be a trickster right? Then again he could always kick them out? Sebastian watched how Burke teased Malice. He looked almost... nice? Though it did make Sebastian aware that Burke was still very perceptive, taking their scents and connecting the dots. Then again, he would have known the scent pretty well seeing what the male fathered.

"Pearl. Burke and Malice want to join with some other wolves. They bring two youngster, a healer, a scout and three warriors,' he explained to Pearl and then glanced back at Burke and Malice. "As you just heard Burke.... Dad... confirmed he is serious about this," he explained to her. He wanted to have a better bond with his father but they failed in the past. Sebastian believed that there was always hope but couldn't be certain. They did needed the member count and Pearl knew that. They had Odette and Andalusia otherwise their pack was almost nonexistent. They did bring quite a lot of wolves to fill their ranks. "What do you think?," he asked her opinion.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl stood tall (metaphorically, as she was still pretty short) next to Sebastian, taking in the situation at hand. Given their pack's circumstances, she nearly took the offer immediately, if not for other considerations. Four, to be exact. Her gaze swept over the pair before her, and she smiled at the two boys. Maybe they could be playmates with her own. No matter what the outcome, however, she would always worry about her pups' safety. On one hand, they had dwindling numbers that might not survive the winter. On the other, there would be newcomers to deal with. But with what she feared would be a harsh winter coming, it would be the better chance of survival for all of them if they joined together. 

Quelling the uneasiness in her stomach, she would remain certain in her choice while delivering it. "I think it would be a smart decision to allow them to join, and we'll all stand a better chance of getting through the winter."
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She managed to keep in a chuckle. She knew Burke to have a playful side, and it was hard to see him denying it to his own son. Burke was not as chilly as his eyes did betray. Two perked ears flopped to the side. grandma? She had taken notice of the curious white mother, and smelled the scent of puppy on her coat, but she had yet to realize what it had meant. A step-grandma at the age of 3 - a whole accomplishment for the young Lady. Finally, she chuckled, nervous and excited her features became. I have yet to fail with helping and keeping our family "in check". Quoth she with a gentle nod of her head.

An even bigger smile appeared as Pearl said what she had been thinking - what all in their band had thought of when they had set out to find this new home. She managed to keep her emotions so that she could be quiet, letting the men do the talking for now.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke glanced at Malice, because it was kind of true. Once he was mated to a woman Burke wouldn't quickly disobey them. He would always be considerate. It happened with Meldresi and it also with Malice. The older male watched the alpha pair. It seemed that making up with Pearl before he moved away was a good thing. If she still remembered what a dick he had been before to her then she might want to just reject him. She didn't comment about the past though and seeing that Sebastian asked for his mate's opinion he had the feeling they would be accepted.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at Pearl and then nodded. They could always give them trail period. Sebastian slowly started nodding. "Alright. Well, then you and your friends are accepted in our pack. Lets walk them to the Cove and give everyone a run down of things." Sebastian was still slightly skeptical of all of this. But it would be interesting to see how this all turned out in the end. Perhaps his wish would come true and they would all be a big family. He wondered how Aviana would react on her father being here. But that was something to worry about later. Now he had to inform every member of their pack and what was going to happen from now on.

- fade end! -