Ravensblood Forest Silver apples of the moon
29 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
And so she too had left.
She had set out from the borders early morning, leaving behind only three. She did feel some remorse for the territory she had left behind, but having not known any of her packmates beyond casual knowledge of their existence, she could move on, adapt.

and this she did. She had moved at a ground-eating lope for most of the day, and now,  with evening upon the land, she had found another place. She had paused at the borders,  peering into the sparse trees and the shadows that lengthened. Perhaps this could be her place, her home. Perhaps,  this could work out better then the keep. After a few moments of silent stillness,  she tilted back her muzzle, the notes that drifted from her maw a summoning. The sky was a bloodless white,  leeched of colour, and snow fell softly from above. The final notes if her call faded into silence as the woman stood and begun to wait.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Alone. She had been it all her life. Without parents, yet with so much passion that it did not stop her. Alone - it was the most amazing thing that ever happened to her. Loneliness she did not feel, for it did not make her sad. Alone - and yet not, that's what they all were. They were one but unique individuals. She understood now. Yes, she was alone, but her friends - her family - they made her feel warm and welcome. She would do that too, but now one was missing... While he was not her friend, she missed him and feared for his life. Ingram... Where could he be? Donnelaith had burned to the ground - he had been there... He should not have been there. He belonged somewhere better - beside her. Yes, he was the only one to not treat her as a "precious princess that should be protected". It had felt wonderful...

A howl awoke her and she scampered out of her den. Ingram - could it be? No... No, it sounded female. For a moment did she consider going back, but with father not spotted or scented, she could not abandon the task she was given. Protect the borders - mark them, and let no one pass.

She weaved her young body gracefully through the enormous, bleeding trees, slowing when she was near the borders where she saw her. She was also young, Chusi could tell. What did she seek here? Had Ingram sent her? Please, she begged, let it be something about him. She held her tail high and proud - warm ochre eyes waiting for some form of submission before she spoke. Who are ya? Whatcha seek ' ere?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
29 Posts
Ooc —
She did not wait long before another answered her summons. A finely crafted girl of obsidian and ivory, young, but seeming an adult. Her body was lowered, head dipped in graceful submission as she for a moment regarded the other,  then spoke. "I'm Talewi. Warrior, and healer. I'm here because I'm looking for a home." she said rather bluntly, never a fan of small talk when there were things to be said. 

her intentions made clear, she fell silent, stance still submissive, for she was no fool to appear casual or even dominant when she was the one in requirement of a home.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo had heard the call and though he had done his best to be prompt he noticed — with a soft swell of pride — that Chusi had beaten him to the scene. When he approached the two women, his steps slowed until he came to a halt at Chusi’s side offering his daughter a soft nip on her cheek, he arrived just as Chusi’s question faded into the air between them. When the woman spoke in response Arturo turned his fiery, red-orange gaze to her, giving her his rapt attention, his tail curled giving a slight flick against his hocks as his ears cupped forth, attentive. Though he marked her named abilities: warrior and healer as skills that Teaghlaigh needed he remained silent, deigning to give Chusi the floor. She’d watched him enough to see how he conducted his interrogations and how he made potential joiners understand just what they were signing up for when they joined Teaghlaigh that he wanted to see how she did and thus remained a silent, albeit extremely observant sentry.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had barely noticed Arturo sneaking up (or so it felt) on her and only looked at him when he nipped her cheek. When the answer to her question came, very to the point, she almost expected her father to start talking, but he did not. Did he want her to do this? Talewi. The name was put in the back of her head shortly after repeating it a few times but not aloud. She took a deep breath, feeling her heart flutter knowing that Arturo trusted her with something important.

I'm Chusi. She nodded. We're Teaghlaigh - a Family. We're... uhh... Extremely territorial 'n take care of our own. She told, her eyes fluttering to her father as she repeated his own words - wondering if she was doing it correctly. We have two laws 'n ev'ryone follows ' em; The Ceannasach's word is Law 'n The Family before ev'rything else. She was slowly getting into the explanation, the words flowing from her mouth smoother and less hackled.

If ya accept 'em, ya'll become a Comlach - an Associate - 'ntill ya prove yarself to us. Do ya understand? She asked, just to be sure and to give the other a break for now. It was secretly also to think of a task if Arturo did not plan on giving the Comlach a task himself.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
29 Posts
Ooc —
Another came to stand beside the woman, Chusi, as she introduced herself. The male seemed familiar with her, and was obviously older. She half expected him to speak, and yet he did not, bringing her attention back to Chusi after she had offered a dip of her head in respectful greeting. The girl continued after a moment, and while her words begun broken and uncertain, slowly they became smoother. The laws interested her, for she had not heard of such things before. Of the odd name she understood must be a leader of some sort, and the fact that either the entire pack, or perhaps a select group, were titled the "family". 

"I do. I'll honour your laws." She said simply, for that she could do easily, or so she believed. She was intrigued as to what one must do to prove themselves, and asked shortly after. "And how does one do that?" , her head tilted in the slightest, focus on the girl.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Permission to skip Arturo was granted <3

For a moment there, she stumbled over her own thoughts as to what her dad would do. Then she begun realizing that she was not her father. She was a Fearghal - not born and bred, but pure - but she did not carry the same morals as Arturo. She could do this her own way; like she had always done. Never had she depended on anyone else after she had learned to hunt, and now was the time to prove she was not just going to be a parrot to repeat her father's words and carry out his legacy once he was no more. Yes - she could do this. She was even more spurred on by the silence of the masked coywolf, and her pride was stroked by knowing the other was not out to mock her for her maturity. She cleared her throat once, then coughed because it had hurt, but quickly regained her posture and collected her thoughts.

If i' were any othah season - I would've told ya to collect some medic'l herbs 'n stuff. She announced with a slight giggle. But, lucky ya, I guess. Instead, let's see what ya can do with 'em warrior skills. I bet mah dad would like a friendly spar with ya. She was going to use her father's presence, whether he wanted her to or not. She had yet to see him really fight someone, and was sure she could learn something from their battle of both parties were okay with it.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
29 Posts
Ooc —
A spar was proposed, and the woman nodded. This, she would do, and do without doubt. The same had been requested from her upon her joining of the Willows, she remembered, and a spar she did not fear it the least. "Very well" she agreed with a dip of her muzzle, watching the other to see if he would too agree, and if so, when this would begin. She was made weary by travel, though not enough so to ask to delay the inevitable spar that would occur. And she was in no mood to turn away from the borders of the Family, which had aroused her interest. She would allow the other to strike when he would, for seldom did she make the first move.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
There was unbidden surprise when Chusi volunteered him to spar with Talewi. He offered her a side glance before he looked to the woman at his borders who agreed. It wasn’t that Arturo had anything against sparring with Talewi, or that he couldn’t but he much preferred the alternative of smooth talking his way out of physical conflicts. He was graced with a silver tongue and he used it to his utter advantage: to talk his way out of a bad situation, to get what he wanted, to conjure up a deal. “I would rather think you might wish to spar with her, Chusi,” Arturo turned to his daughter. “As you are the aspiring warrior here, not me.” The gangster offered a curve of his lips into something of a smile as he looked to Talewi. “She is a warrior, perhaps she might be willing to mentor you and you could use this practice spar to gauge one another’s skills.” There was no obligation behind his words: if Talewi had no interest in mentoring his daughter than he would not force the issue. He’d done just fine up to date, but it would definitely benefit Chusi to have a warrior by trade in her corner. His words were merely a suggestion but it made more sense (in his mind) for Chusi to spar her than for him to do it; and out of courtesy he would spar with the woman if Chusi refused his idea.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The woman agreed, not to Chusi's surprise, and a glad smile settled on her young yet pretty face. Everything was going smoothly, if one were to ask the Fearghal, until her father came with his talks again. She giggled - as if he would be able to talk himself out of this one! Chusi had waiting long enough to see her cool dad spar with another adult, and was almost tripling in place to see it actually happen. Aww, please Dad? I nevah get to see ya spar! She pleaded. Besides; I learn best fr'm watchin'. She can spar with meh when I join the adults. Her decision was final; she would not be the one to fight the seemingly kind woman.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**