Hushed Willows A crackpipe full of dreams
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The offer was genuine, but the boy was wary to make a decision. And rightly so. To him, Reek was nothing more than a passing stranger -- not his long lost father with whom he desperately desired a tearful reunion. He likely didn't even remember meeting him in the woods with Stark months ago. When Tambourine decided to discuss his options with only remaining pack mate, Reek nodded. "Of course," he said. "Take all the time you need." This was, after all, an important decision that would likely impact the survival of all parties invovled.

While they waited, Reek answered the boy's question to the best of his ability. "I'm Reek," he said. He wasn't entirely sure that the name wouldn't jog the boy's memory. Reek, however, knew that Stark wouldn't have told the boy about his real father. "I was --" he paused and bit his lip. It was then that he heard a rustling, and the boy was joined by another. He was young too, by the looks of it. Young as they were, they were both able bodied adults -- and in Tambourines case, he was Reek's own flesh and blood. He needed them just as much as they needed him to make it though the winter.

"I was a friend of your mom's -- Tavi, from before you were born. We were close." Close didn't even scratch the surface of how he had felt about Tavi at one point. He had loved her, as he had loved many -- but now she was gone. And from their last meeting, Reek assumed that Tavi was likely dead. "She would have wanted me to keep you safe."
Messages In This Thread
A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 10, 2017, 01:17 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 10, 2017, 01:26 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 10, 2017, 01:44 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 10, 2017, 02:14 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 10, 2017, 07:24 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 11, 2017, 10:50 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 11, 2017, 11:09 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 11, 2017, 03:43 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 12, 2017, 12:19 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 12, 2017, 09:18 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 13, 2017, 02:55 AM