Ravensblood Forest A Soldiers Goodbye
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Private 
School is getting pretty busy and I'm thinking of having Howl go inactive for awhile. Sorry

Even though Howl had completed everything he needed to to become a member of this pack, he felt that this just wasn't the right one. But he wasn't going to just leave without warning and he wasn't going to leave a job unfinished. He had been assigned a task and he was going to report back, aswell as explain his departure. He called for the leader @Arturo.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Can we say this thread happens right after Olive is promoted and before she leaves for her trip, so that Howl is free to deal with her (if he wishes)? @Arturo if you want me to change any of this, let me know!

Since speaking with Arturo, Olive had taken her new role quite seriously. She had become somewhat of a workaholic, sacrificing time with her love to stalk Ravensblood Forest’s periphery against intruders.  She marked and scented the borders, keeping the fence strong in order to ward off any unwanted presences… there had been so many of them, recently. Perhaps it was insecurity that led her to work so hard; for she was unsure that she would be able to live up to Arturo’s expectations and trust in her. Would she be able to defend herself and her family if she happened across a hostile stranger [Furiosa’s murder, or perhaps the evasive feline who had slain Palisander]? Would she be able to recognize deceit in a potential new recruit, as Arturo was able to do? Olive had seen Chusi work quite hard to make Ceannasach, her own father, proud – if a young woman such as Chusi would work hard to learn and earn her place amongst the family, she could do so also. Arturo was a stern man and Olive wanted nothing more to please him and demonstrate that his faith in her was well deserved.

However, life around Teaghlaigh had grown quiet.  There were no more deaths. There were no more wolves at their borders. So often her routine of rounding the forest went uninterrupted, to both Olive’s dismay and relief. But one day, Howl’s call entered the air and Olive almost immediately diverted her bath towards the song’s epicenter. Howl had request the presence of Ceannsach, but were her job not to support him and stand in his place whenever necessary? So she opened the invitation to herself as well, as an authority figure had the right to do - and Olive perceived from the tone of the call that there was another desserter on their hands. “Howl,” She greeted her friend upon her arrival. “Don't speak. Leave." Olive feared that, if Howl voiced his intention, she would be obligated to bring the traitor to Ceannsach; and Olive knew what Arturo did to expatriates. "Don't say a word. Leave and don't return; only death will greet you here now." Then, careful not to spend to much time around the scene of her first deception to Arturo, Olive bounded away into the shadows on the forest. 

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams