Sunbeam Lair oceans away
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
All Welcome 
The sudden drop in temperature had been quite alarming and made the male worry for what lies ahead. Sure he was pleased about the fact that there was a bunch of food practically lying all over the place, but was that really such a blessing? The herds had decreased rapidly and those that had been fortunate enough to survive had quickly run off in search of a warmer climate. While there was plenty of meat now, Hadraniel couldn't help but wonder how long it would last. 

As a hunter he found it rather disappointing that all of his prey would just drop dead, however he supposed the situation had it's perks. This would give him the perfect opportunity to improve his tracking skills but would also give him an excuse to travel. He was curious to find out just how far the blizzard had gone, but for now he stuck to the security of the lair and set off to find any sign of prey that hadn't been turned into a popsicle.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Over the past several days there had been a drastic drop in the temperature. Of course, she worried for her children, often examining them and ensuring that they were each warm enough. It bothered her, how severe the weather had become, as well as made her curious—had someone done something to offend the dragons so terribly that they’d thought it reasonable to steal from the Earth their warmth? She pondered over the question, replaying all that had happened as of late and trying to piece together what might have caused the change. Aside from the appearance of Judas and the disappearance of Ukko, she’d been unable to come up with anything significant, thus leaving her in the dark. In death, she would ask the dragons about what had happened, but for now, she’d tried to focus on figuring out ways to better protect her hatchlings.

Through the lair she’d walked, a chill running down her spine every once in a while. The low temperatures had created a thin layer of ice over the majority of the water sources within the lair, which, in all honesty, she wasn’t exactly worried about. It was along one of the many creeks that she’d been walking prior to branching off and heading elsewhere, having eventually spotted Hadraniel. An idea popped into her head the moment she’d seen him, but it’d not been voiced immediately. Instead, she’d approached with a soft chuff, then asked, “How are you faring in this cold?” They were lucky to be sheltered by the cavern’s walls, the flow of the wind barely reaching them. It was still frigid, and terribly so, but not nearly as bad as it could have been if they’d settled in an open field with the wind beating against their bodies.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
As he made his way through the cavern, a light breeze tangling his furs, Hadraniel came across nothing but snow and ice. He worried what would happen when it all melted, but for now he did not wish to think of such thoughts and quickly cast them out his mind. He could worry about them when the time came but for now he had other problems to stress him out. Should this poor weather keep up, he knew it would only be a matter of time before someone fell ill and with their small numbers they couldn't afford to lose a set of working paws. 

He sighed just as he caught a glimpse of Asterr approaching and greeted her with a faint smile and swish of his tail. "I've been through worse" he answered with a reassuring smile while glancing up to look through the gaping holes in the cavern. "How have been doing?" he asked then, curious to hear how she had been dealing with the blizzard or if their was anything he could do to ensure they made it through this hell storm.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Such little was known of Hadraniel’s past, his comment having both reassured and interested her. To be through worse than what the world was currently experiencing seemed awful, the idea easily having replaced her interest with concern. She wished to learn more of him, to hear of what all he had gone through and be there to support him if it was necessary, but she also didn’t want to pry. Conflicted, the thoughts had been pushed to the back-burner, where they’d remain until a later date. “I have been doing well,” was her response, simple, but not entirely true. A true struggle to survive had yet to be experienced by the young Chieftess, but, even still, she worried. Throughout the duration of each and every day she worried, but not for herself. It was for her hatchlings, whose lives were only just beginning, and her tribe, which had become her family, that she worried. There was so much that she wished to do for them, but only so much that she was actually capable of, and that pained her.

With a shake of her head, the whispers in her mind had been cast out, abandoned with the hope of never again being heard. The idea that had previously been pieced together came forth, stealing the place of the negative notions and encouraging the vessel to speak it aloud. With a soft inhale, she’d asked, “Would you be against the idea of sleeping in my den?” Rather straightforward, except the reason wasn’t anything along those lines. “I am not always able to be there, but would like for my daughters to never feel this harsh chill. I—” she stopped herself, took a breath, and then continued. “I also would like for them to have a male in their life. Someone that is kind, such as yourself, so that they may feel complete whilst growing.” Having come from a family where couples almost always stayed together, she couldn’t help but look at her current situation with shame. It was her belief that she might be robbing from her children a chance at growing up properly, which made her seek out a man that could provide the other perspective that they needed.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He was glad to hear she had been doing well and gave a swish of his tail while he brought his gaze back to the inky cheiftess. He hadn't been expecting her to ask what she did and it took a moment for the male to register all that had been said. He thought for a moment before giving a shake of his head. "I'm not against it" he confirmed while the corners of his lips tugged upward into a small smile. He understood her reasoning and thought back to the young girl Shiori he met when he had first joined. She was a sweet child and Hadraniel would do anything he was capable of to make sure she wouldn't have to face the harsh cold of this winter.

It was the second reason that had caught him the most off guard. He had abandoned his own offspring not long ago and was now being asked to become a male figure for children that were not even his own. It had taken him a few moments to make his decision but just as before he was not against the idea, if he was he never would have accepted to sleep in her den. "I've met one of your children, Shiori, she let me greet the plants with her" he said while remembering back to that time. "How many other daughters do you have?" he asked then, not completely sure as to exactly how many children she had. He had seen a few of them passing by, but they all looked terribly similar and he wasn't aware as to how many their truly were.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
An answer was given, and a smile formed. Asterr was grateful, truly, for his acceptance of her favour. There were others to go to, had he declined, but she was far more content with the fact that he hadn’t. “Thank you,” said the vessel, hopeful that his being there might influence the girls positively. “I am sure that you would rather do something other than watch over some other being’s children, so I appreciate you agreeing to do this for me.” She hoped that the hatchlings would, too, but also couldn’t help but feel a bit nervous. How would they react? Each girl’s opinion was sure to be different, that much was obvious based on past behavior, but overall… well, the overall reaction was the one that she worried about the most, dreading the possibility that the girls might reject him being there altogether.

Hadraniel’s comments about Shiori brought the Chieftess back to the present, where she smiled and said, “Shiori is the calmest.” And, though she would never say it aloud, sometimes even her favourite. The youngest of the trio was so proper, always acting just as any Draconid should—never could Asterr be anything but proud of her. “I have two others,” she then answered. “Airi and Kaori.” The tormentor and the silent one.
nice cardigan
134 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He gave a smile when she thanked him and gently shook his head when she said he'd rather be off doing something else. It was true he was not a fan of his own offspring, but that was simply due to the fact that he felt like they were a burden he was being forced to take on. With another's children it was his choice to care for them or not and it was for this reason that he accepted her original request. "Children are the few of us that are still innocent and pure, it is good to be in their company." Each one was different and had their own distinct view on life. As long as one was willing, their was much to learn from them. 

He listened as she went on to explain she had two more daughters; Airi and Kaori. He would have to make sure to become acquainted with them before making a sudden appearance at their den. "I hope they will accept me" he thought aloud, concerned they may not approve of him. However if they were anything like their sister Shiori, then he was certain they would be fine with his presence.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
With the male’s statement, she could agree. Children were pure, lacking the corruption that many of life’s events created. For that, they needed to be protected just as much as they needed to be guided, as the decisions made in one’s youth would shape their future. This was something that Asterr knew well, and was glad to hear another speak the words that she’d never thought to say; in the Draconid Tribe, such knowledge was known by all, and therefore was not in need of being spoken aloud. To stay silent when it came to said beliefs was just one of the many habits that she’d brought along with her from the place she’d been born, but whether or not that was a good thing had yet to be decided.

It was with a small, albeit somewhat unsettled, smile that the vessel nodded. “I hope that they will, as well,” she said, despite her doubts. “Please, be wary of Airi. She is… troubled, one might say. Do not take what all she might say to heart, for she is still learning.” Learning to behave, and to respect those around her. It was the mother’s hope that she might someday master such skills, but the better half of her knew better than to hold her breath whilst waiting for that day to come.