Dragoncrest Cliffs Break your fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Wildfire takes a moment to speak but when she does, Thuringwethil keeps her ears forward and jaws shut despite the urge to speak over or interrupt. There's a feeling that sits in the pit of her stomach she can't properly identify being so new to her. The only thing she knows is something is wrong and she can only hope something Wildfire says will settle her nerves.

It is with Wildfire's final words that her ears slick back and pupils widen. She turns her head away to take a moment as she tries to process it without rising any sort of anger. She isn't even sure she can unclench her jaw enough to speak and when she finds her heart lodged in her throat, she releases a slow breath through her nose.

"I made the decision as your commander," she says with a pause, jaw ajar for the rest but her hesitation is apparent. She does not wish to shift blame but something is missing, some misunderstanding, but Thuringwethil doesn't know how to get there. "You called for the two of us before I could talk to you. I did not want to make that decision but if you had conceived and we could not handle them as a pack, I did not want to..." she stops again, the lump in her throat enlarging and she thinks she might choke. "I do not want to sacrifice our children."

Thuringwethil freezes, uncertain how it will be received, but she'd never been in this situation before, leaving her relatively clueless and scrounging up information to make it better. If Wildfire had not been her mate, killing her children if they could not sustain would not have been a problem but she's seen enough disappointment across her pretty face to know it would end horribly if it had come to that.

"I do not think you understand what I have done for you, because I love you. I have changed Drageda for you. This was not taught to me. This was beaten out of me. I have faced my own wolves with you by my side and I would not change it even though they do not agree or understand. I am lucky those that have come have not done more than they have because that could mean my death," she explains, her voice shaky and she feels a tremble shoot through her. "I am trying my best and if that is not enough for you—" she stops, hardening her gaze and trying to seal everything up once more as if she had mentors that could see through her. If they could see her now, what would they say?
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
Break your fall - by Wildfire - January 15, 2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Break your fall - by Antumbra - January 17, 2017, 04:07 PM
RE: Break your fall - by Wildfire - January 18, 2017, 09:40 AM
RE: Break your fall - by Antumbra - January 18, 2017, 11:43 AM
RE: Break your fall - by Wildfire - January 18, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Break your fall - by Antumbra - January 18, 2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Break your fall - by Wildfire - January 18, 2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Break your fall - by Antumbra - January 18, 2017, 07:45 PM