Blackfoot Forest there she goes again
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Urgh.

She doesn't normally mind the snow, but everything is bothering her today. Ever since she lost track of Sophy, it seems like nothing has gone her way. Maybe that's her fault, 'cause she's been worrying incessantly since then, but she's not going to admit that to anyone. Least of all herself. No, it's the world's fault, because the world is now clearly against her. First with the blizzard and now with this awful, creepy forest. Nothing like the forest she'd grown up in.

"So! Phi!" she calls again, her voice a bit hoarse and the words a bit closer to accusations than actual names. Almost as if, if she sounds angry enough, those two will come popping out of the woodwork like they used to. All contrite grins and who, me? like Vi doesn't already know who swiped the last rib bone she'd been saving. I have a nose, you know, she thinks to the sneaky memory-forms of her sisters.

Those two.

Vinnira heaves a great sigh and comes to a stop in the dark, creepy forest. It's midday, but it's been overcast, and she can't tell through the heacy canopy, anyway. All she knows is that it's not nightime, but who knows how close it was? She wanted desperately to be out, but she'd been wandering this forest for hours, looking for any sign of her sisters, and she hadn't even found a clearing.

"Okay, Vi," she says to herself, using her firm big sister voice, "What did we always ask ma? How far can you go into the woods?"

Halfway was the answer. Because once you went halfway, you weren't going in anymore - you were going out. Vi figured she'd passed 'halfway' a while ago ("How big can this forsest be?" was becoming a more pressing concern), so she must be heading out of it, now. Hopefully soon.

"So? Phi?" she calls again, half-heartedly this time. If they hadn't heard her five minute ago, they probably won't hear her now.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Sophy felt herself shaking as she entered the woods. She had been separated from her sister, and now being alone she felt so afraid. Vinnira was a big sister to her, someone she always stayed by. She tried to see the good in it. At least there's no bear chasing me, at least it's not night. She kept on adding the blessings in her head. Yet she was still afriad.

The blizzard had separated them, as well as made her very, very cold. She wished for company to keep her warm, to stick with her. To protect her from the bad, to know what to do.

She kept going. And as she counted her blessings, her ear twitched. She swore she heard something. She froze, head lifting up to look around. She heard it again. Now she knew she heard something. Her tail went between her legs, her body shaking more. "H-Hello? Who's there?" 
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
It was the first time Phiipa had been out of her new pack's territory since she joined, and she was only going out to explore a little. She'd found her way to a thick forest, and very faintly she could smell a pack's scent here, but they were long gone. The small golden doe of a girl weaved her way past the large winding roots and stones that lined this forest. Now this was the kind of trees she was used to, they were just like the ones back at Derian Rise. And she was loving every bit of it.

As she was exploring the forest, she heard a voice. A very faint voice, but it sounded so familiar. She stopped in her tracks, so she wouldn't have to listen past the crunching of bracken at her feet. Ears perked she listened, and her heart skipped a beat. She knew that voice better than anything. There was never a day back at the Rise when she wouldn't hear Vinnira's voice. Her older sister did love to talk, and Phiipa didn't blame her. Vinnira's clever wit and fiery passion made her a great talker, and Phiipa had always been there to listen.

She took off as fast as possible in her sister's direction. Vi! She called back, hoping to get her sister's attention. Vi, Vi, Vi! She was so excited she could hardly stop herself from breaking out into song and dance. When finally she saw the dark chocolate pelt of her older sister, Phiipa stopped and simply stared. She was thrilled to bits. Oh Vi! She raced forwards and butted her head into her older sisters chest, and just stood there for a moment, soaking up her sister's familiar scent.

When finally she broke away from the hug, the girl started asking questions, her tail wagging behind her. I missed you so much! Are you alright, you're not hurt are you? Where's Sophy?

40 Posts
Ooc —
To her delight, a voice finally answers her calls. "Sophy!" she shouts, bounding off toward the sound of her sister's timid voice... only to stop in her tracks as she hears yet another familiar cry. For a moment, Vi just stands there, ears swivelling indecisively. Then,

"This way, Phi!" she hollers, heading off toward their more delicate littermate once more. Phi can find her, but Vi doesn't want to wait another second to be reunited with poor baby So-so. They were supposed to take care of her, and what did they do? Well, it doesn't matter now, they've found her, and Vi can see the cinnamon of Sophy's pelt shimmering through the trees when a little ball of sister hits her in the side. "Ow, Phi!" she snaps, but if there was anger in her voice, it's not apparent in the way she hugs the smaller girl back, throwing one paw over Phiipa's shoulders to hold her there. She smelled like strangers and sunshine - apparently, Vinnira has been looking in all the wrong places for the lost Derian. She doesn't smell like the woods at all!

"She's right over here," Vi replies when asked about Sophy, and the older girl turns and leads the way to where she's sure she heard Sophy's voice coming from. It would be really embarrassing if it was just her imagination. Then, she'd have to admit to loosing the girl. She'd never live it down.
55 Posts
Ooc —
She sniffed at the air timidly, hearing something far off in the woods. She had the urge to get out of there. Whatever it was was getting louder. Which meant it was getting closer. She felt her legs start to turn her around. She felt more afraid. She could still hear them. And yet, there was something about them...

Sophy's ears swivelled and twitched in the direction of the voice. It was much louder, calling her name...It hit her when she realised whom it was, and with a large smile on her face she rushed in their direction. "Vi! I'm here!" She did not hear Phi, but by the time she would get closer, she would no doubt see the both of them. She could not wait to see both of them after having lost them.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Vinnira had her usual sass, and Phiipa loved it. She'd missed her sisters so much, they were like three peas in a pod. The three musketeers, like forks, spoons and knives; they were useful alone but dinner was always better with all three. The first question the Vinnira answered was the one about Sophy, and Phiipa's face lit up. How amazing! Not only had she found her older sister, but also her younger. Everything was turning out wonderful.

She raced alongside her older sister, letting Vi lead the way until she heard another familiar voice. It was undoubtedly Sophy, and Phiipa called back to her. Sophy! It wasn't much longer before the two Derian Sisters came upon the other, the silvery grey girl stood there awaiting them. Overjoyed, Phiipa rushed forwards and embraced her younger sister in a hug. It was unbelievable how things worked or sometimes.

40 Posts
Ooc —
An audible sigh of relief escapes Vi as Sophy finally enters her field of vision. Like Phiipa, she goes at once to the silver girl, embracing her and breathing in her scent. When she pulls back, her eyes rake over the smaller, slimmer body, searching for injuries or signs of malnourishment on the girl.

Where have you been? Vi wants to demand of Sophy, but she isn't going to let on that she'd lost the other girl. Instead, she directs the question at Phiipa: "Where have you been, Phi? We looked for ages! You smell like a pack." The words aren't quite accusing, but near it as she thinks of Phi all cuddled up for the winter without them. But she's glad, because she's spent all this time hoping that her sister wasn't alone.

And she hopes, now, that there will be room for two more with Phiipa's friends, because she's a little tired of living the life of a rover. She misses home, and more than that, she misses the fellowship of other wolves. Wolves that aren't Sophy. Male wolves.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Sophy lifted her head high to try and see them coming. Her tail went mad, and she could have sworn that she felt wetness around her eyes. She hated to be alone from her sisters. They were always there for her, and she looked up to them. "Phiipa!" Her sister Phi ran right into her into a wolfish hug. She laughed happily, still wet at her eyes as her sister hugged her. She rubbed her muzzle against her sister their hug broke. 

She then looked to her other sister. She almost cried about how she almost lost her. But then a question came up, and her head turned to Phi. It was true, she smelt different. Other smells. Sophy's head titled, looking over Phi. Her tail still continued to wag. "Are they friendly?"
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
After the sister hug, Phiipa stepped back, knowing Vinnira would want to check their little sister for injuries. She knew her so wel, both of them really. They'd spent so much time together, every quirk and mannerism was glued in her heart forever. Vinnira had always been the most protective, Phiipa more of the dreamer. Her older sister had been the rock to keep her steady and their younger sister was always there to make them smile. She loved having them back, it was all that mattered now.

The two began to ask questions, though Phiipa had a few for them as well. She'd answer theirs first though. She nodded, her tail spinning like a windmill. Mhm! I found the most lovely pack, it's called Easthollow. The wolves there are all very nice and easy to get along with. But never mind me, what about you. My sisters! She said excitedly ready to hear their story. You two don't smell of pack, where've you been this whole time? I hope not freezing in the snow. If you have I insist you return to Easthollow with me. Or else I'll just have to leave with you two.

40 Posts
Ooc —
"We're been together - mostly," Vinnira says brightly, shooting Sophy a stern glance. "But in the snow. It would be amazing to have the support of a pack again."

She hasn't weighed so little since she was nine months old, and Vi is sick of the aching in her belly. Sophy, she's sure, can't be doing much better - especially since Vi lost her. Being the self-appointed Derian matriarch in these lands, Vi is actually very worried about that fact. She might seem healthy enough, but Vi won't be happy until Sophy's had a few decent meals and nights in a warm den. Hopefully with Vi and Phi at her side!

"Can we go now? To your pack?" Vi asks, feeling a little desperate for her daydreams to become reality. "And are there any handsome, availible men there?"
55 Posts
Ooc —
Sophy's tail swayed gently as she listened to Phi about the pack she found. So they are nice! That got her excited. The situation moved onto Soph and Vi. Vi's look made Soph's ears fall a bit, eyes downcast. "It wasn't my fault" she murmured, now feeling as if it was. The blizzard had come from nowhere. Sure, she wandered in another direction. 

Her tummy did a little grumble. That got a bit of a smile on her face. And she felt a litle embarassed at Vi's words. "Vi...We shouldn't be worrying about that, we should be worrying about food. And shelter." She look to Phi. "We can come, right?"
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa was glad to hear her sisters had been together his whole time, well most of it- at which Sophy protested. Phiipa smiled and went forwards to her younger sister's pressing her side into her affectionately. She missed being able to lean on her sisters, to joke around with them and tell them everything on her mind. When her sisters asked about Easthollow, her smile melted a little. She was only the Lambda, barely even one of their ranks. And there were so many of them, would there even be room for Vinnira and Sophy there? 

She smiled again sweetly at Vinnira's inquiry, her mind flirting to the mute male she'd met, but quickly returned to the problem at hand. Her smile was halfhearted at best, as she spoke again. I would be delighted to bring you two to my Easthollow, I am just worried there won't be enough room. I don't know if I could leave you two again, so I sure hope they can make an exception for us. Come on, I'll show you to the borders. In the meantime you have to tell me everything about your lives since I was taken from them. She said, then turned and began walking towards Easthollow, ushering them along beside her.

Last for me! I'll start a border thread at Easthollow when this thread is finished! :)

40 Posts
Ooc —
Vi's ears twitch as Phi voices her concerns. They want to lie back on her head, to showcase her worry, but Vi doesn't want her sisters to know her fears. She's supposed to take care of them, after all.

"We'll make it work," she says vaguely, giving Sophy's cheek an affectionate lick. She's not sure how she'll make it work, but she will. She has to. "Lead the way, Phi."

Vinnira can content herself, for the moment, to just be back with her littermates. She can't take her eyes of Phiipa's face, or stop checking Sophy over every couple minutes. It's hard to believe that, after all this time, they've just found each other in that eeire wood. If they had luck like that on their side, she was sure they'd be able to stay together at Phiipa's pack.
55 Posts
Ooc —
Sophy accepted the affectionate lick, gaining a smile on her face. She was glad to have sisters like the sisters she had. They were all she had now, and she looked up to them. She followed along, making sure to be as close as possible, her tail hugging her leg while they were still in the eerie wood. The place where they found each other, and left side by side to a place she hoped they could all call home.