Stone Circle [M] To love you more
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
@Valette

Steady had watched Valette leave this morning, her intent to go see how much of the bisons were left. He stayed behind a while to watch over Nikai and Keoni, but they were past the age of needing a babysitter. As much as he wanted to watch their every move, he knew he couldn't smother them like that. So, late in the morning, he set off on his own. 

He ended up in the circle of stones, looking out over the meadow. Even in leu of recent events, Steady was looking forward to the future. The children were growing, and he and Valette were developing a strong bond. In his heart, he knew she had to feel the same. If not, she would distance herself at some point, wouldn't she? 

He knew he just needed to come out and tell her, though it never seemed to be the right time. There was the storm, and now ice seemed to cover everything, and then the betrayal of Chaska.  Would things ever calm down?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was very keen to find the other part of the bison herd that previously roamed on their plains. She wanted to know if they were still alive. If they were she might be able to herd them back to their lands. Though with the ice storm it was extremely difficult to track them. Everything was covered in ice and it was quite slippery. After a day of not finding anything Valette decided to return home. She went towards the circle over the plains.

As she looked up she saw Steady standing there, looking out over his kingdom. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw him. He was so handsome standing there. She let out a soft whine to push down her feelings. It never worked out for her. Not with Mason, not with Ezekiel and probably not this time with Steady. It was kind of weird, knowing that he knew her as a child. That was the aspect she was most worried about, that he wouldn't see her as a candidate to be his mate. It was of course a ridiculous thought.

Valette made her way too him, though it was quite tough to climb the light slope towards the stone circle with the hill being all icy and slippery. She managed to climb it through thanks to living at Silvertip and knowing more about steep hillsides. Her tail wagged, glad to see him. Though then she reminded herself that she hasn't found the bison yet. "I can't find any track of where the bison went for shelter. I hope they didn't leave the territory," she spoke quite business like.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Almost as if out of a dream, Valette appeared. Had he conjured her? He smiled as she approached, all business-like in her talk of the herd. She was so dedicated to providing for the pack, and she took it very seriously. Just like an Alpha would. And to Steady, Valette  was his equal. She had every quality the pack would want in a leader, including Steady's heart. He could remember the first time he met her, on the border's of her pack, giving him bad news about her mother. She had been young then, but still so mature. She had handled, as far as he knew, her mother's passing with grace, and moved on to create the life she wanted. This was the life she wanted, right? 

Their past had been complicated, with she involved with Mason, and then Ezekiel, and he with Niita. But, it seemed fate would have them together. The lost relationships were hard, but Steady felt that everything had happened for a reason; it had brought them here today. 

He smiled at her. Let the bison go for now, he said softly, moving to nuzzle her neck. I have no doubt you will track them down again. Valette was too stubborn of a hunter to simply not find them again. Her determination would drive her to them, he knew. But, for right now, he wanted her to focus on him.

He took a step back, studying her for a moment, trying to find the words. We've been a partnership for a while now, he pointed out. You've always had my back, and I hope you know I've always had yours. We're raising two beautiful children together, and we work great as a team. But, he added, it's become more than that for me. I've fallen in love with you, Valette, he said, finally. He waited, then, gauging her reaction. He felt an odd sort of calmness now, and none of the anxiety he thought he would have at finally telling Valette of his feelings.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought for a moment that she was in trouble when Steady told her to drop the whole bison story. She would not rest until she would find them again. She liked the diversity of prey animals that they could hunt on. Valette looked confused for a moment but then Steady spoke that he had no doubts in her abilities to track them. She smiled and wagged her tail.

Valette watched the handsome male with some curiosity. Then the male started to talk and it was almost like a dream. Though perhaps more unexpected. She knew they had been close ever since she moved into Steady's den. It was so great to snuggle against him. They really were a team and she had hoped that maybe something would grow from it. However she was still a bit insecure about it all. Males didn't really stick around, ever. Though this is by far the longest crush she had on a male.

"M-me?," she spluttered at first. She had hoped he would want her as a mate. She felt very lucky he wanted her. "I'd hoped you would like me," she admitted. "I've fallen badly for you too," she returned. She wanted to be his mate and wanted to carry his litter of pups. Though then fear did set in with the female. "But... Everyone left. If this is real then you should know that I will always follow you and you can never expect me to stay behind somewhere to wait for you," she spoke, quite determinedly so. She had to endure so many losses, so much heartbreak. "I don't want to be alone again, ever."

She instantly pictured the future now with lots of puppies and having one big family together. She wished her heat would come soon so she could give Steady pups from his own blood. She was quite set on for filling that for him. Then she realized that she never really done anything remotely close to what they do at a mating. She knew that something needed to happen for babies while she was in heat but she had no clue what that thing was. She flushed not sure if that needed to be discussed.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She seemed surprised at first, but Steady gleamed when she admitted she had fallen for him, too. For him, it was all he needed to solidify their relationship. But, it seemed Valette still had doubts. No matter. It would not sway Steady, and he would simply spend the rest of his life by her side. I promise you, Valette, there is no place I would go without you. You are my home, he said, hoping he conveyed just how much she meant to him. 

It broke his heart how much hurt she had gone through, but he did understand her doubt came from that, and not from him. If you let me, I will spend the rest of my life making sure you never feel lonely again. It was a promise he intended to keep, as he wanted only to make her happy. He would live for her, and if it ever came to it, he would die for her, as well. 

His heart thudded in his chest as he nuzzled just under her ear. Be my mate, he whispered. He hadn't intended it to sound so much like a command, but he had never wanted anything, anyone, so much in all his life.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette heard him make a promise. She wondered if he could keep to that promise but then she reminded herself how Steady always had been there for her. When her mother died and he was just a mere stranger. When she was all alone and he offered her a home, a chance at life. It was probably also why she showed such loyalty for her alpha, which would now become her equal her mate. They did have a great foundation that they could build on. They technically were parents already, and partners in leadership.

His words did her well, and it did not take long until she was fully convinced by his words. She wanted nothing rather than to have someone there with her forever. Someone that would never abandon her. She was certain that Steady would not leave her. A soft happy whine came from her throat. She licked his cheek before nestling against his chest. "I will be your mate," she returned, barely able to believe that this is real. Her tail was wagging excitedly and her heart beating fast. She realized when meeting Odette how much she loved Steady, how she would always support his decisions. She might as well tell him. "I love you," she whispered, so strange to admit it and voice it so publicly.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Eons seems to pass as he waited for her to say something—anything! She had confessed her love for him, but would her worries and doubts overwhelm her desire to be with him? She could say no, but he wasn't sure if he could stop pursuing her, knowing that she loved him back. He would simply have to continue to prove to her that he was worth the risk.

But, it seemed she had already realized that, for she agreed. He thought his heart would beat right out of his chest. Could she hear it? He seemed to. He kissed her, then, and wrapped a foreleg around her as she cuddled up to him. He would do whatever it took to make her happy, and whatever it took to soothe her fears. I love you so much, Valette, he replied. He would never tire of hearing it, or of saying it. My Queen, he added softly, with a smile.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette let out a soft giggle when Steady tried to wrap his front paw around her and even called her his queen. She blushed not used to such titles! She showered him with little licks under his chin, letting out happy whines between her licks. "Feels weird when you say that," she admitted and scrunched up her nose cutely. She almost wanted to submit under the pressure of his paw. It would just be so easy to show her belly to him. But she reminded herself that she was his equal now.

Valette hummed. "So as it turns out I will eventually carry your young after all," she spoke with a chuckle. She couldn't really wait to have her own, especially now she discovered how much she liked being a mother. Keoni and Nikai made sure of that. She hoped her heat would come soon. "I hope my heat comes soon," she whispered, like it was very dirty to admit. It felt dirty to say it in front of Steady. She wanted him to know she really wanted his pups rather sooner than later.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He chuckled. I've been saying it in my head for a while now, so I suppose it's not so weird to me, he confessed. She had been his equal almost from day one, though he hadn't been able to really give her the freedom of it until she became Beta. He knew she wasn't one to throw her weight around like he did sometimes, but he always valued her opinion.

He smiled when she pointed out she would be carrying his pups soon, after all. I would love to father your children, he replied. They weren't just going to be his blood, after all. They would be hers, as well. She brought up her heat, and Steady grinned, his mind full of impure thoughts. We could always practice, he replied, his eyebrows raising suggestively as he rubbed his head against her.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette glanced at him, not able to believe that he had so often thought about it. "I didn't dare to think of it too much. I didn't want to be disappointed," she admitted to him. Perhaps it would only take a few days to adjust, perhaps even shorter. She felt a good shiver run down her body when he mentioned being the father of her pups. Valette realized that she did spark some injure thoughts within Steady with her words.

Valette was a bit clueless to what to do now. "I never really 'practiced' before," she admitted sheepishly. "I wouldn't have a clue what to do," she added. Her hazel eyes were casted almost innocently up at Steady. There was a hint of mischievousness in there. "You will have to teach me," she returned quite playfully to him, her tail wagging. She was very ambitious so she liked to be good at this mating thing too, so practice was definitely going to be needed.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He understood why she had been hesitant to think about being his equal, but things were different now. I hope you grow used to the new title, he said, nuzzling her. My Queen, he repeated. My Alpha, he added. My Love. He would call her whatever she wanted, so long as it including being called his own. 

I haven't either, he admitted. He hadn't been that close to a female yet, though he and Niita had fooled around just a bit. They didn't get intimate, however. Steady had tried to go slow with her, but he wasn't sure he could hold himself back enough to do the same with Valette. He sure would, try, but the look she gave him nearly set him ablaze. 

He growled lowly at the thought of being able to teach her, knowing no one had ever touched her like that, and he would be the first. And the last. Suddenly, unable to help himself, he attempted to push her onto her back, slowly to make sure she was willing. This was not a show of dominance, though lord help him, he did want to dominate her, but in a very sexy way that had nothing to do with who was leader.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette felt her face heat up with all those words. Though her confidence did grow from it and her tail started to wag quicker. She was surprised when Steady admitted to her that he never had been intimate with anyone else. She was certain Steady would have done something with Niita. She rather liked that she would be the only one that would have him for herself.

Steady grew frisky it seemed. Valette was not completely sure what he was planning to do but she did like how he just took control of the situation. What she didn't expect however was him trying to sort of mount onto her back from her facial side. It did however gave her quite the view of what was hanging between Steady's legs. Was this normal? When deer would have their mating season in the fall they always approached from the other side? "Steady. Are you sure this is the right way to do it?," she question curiously, feeling sort of helpless now, with her eyes not able to look anywhere else than what Steady was currently showing her.

I'm dying. Such noobs.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He thought it would sexy, that she would sort of submit to his sexual advances and they could feel each other out. He had done sort of the same with Niita, and she had been responsive to it. Valette, it seemed, not so much. She questioned him, and he couldn't help but laugh. Not at her, but at the situation. Nevermind, he said between chuckles, backing off of her to sit back on his haunches, though he didn't go far.

He couldn't explain himself, as he felt a little stupid now, and he certainly wasn't going to try that again. But, he wasn't sated, either. He waited to see if she would right herself, and if so, he would snuggle up to her and try to preen the fur at her neck and jawline.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wasn't sure what had been expected of her to be really honest. Steady backed off, which gave her a chance to glance at his face again. He told her to leave it but Valette was far to ambitious for that. Fire sparked in her eyes. "No," she returned and gave a lick under his chin as he sat down. She moved to his side and tried to nip his butt to get him back on his feet. "I'd like to try it!," she hummed, tail wagging close to his nose.

She had no clue what the real deal was about or how it would feel but now she was too curious to try. Steady's mood was contagious and she was really curious herself. She looked over her shoulder to Steady, her tail still up and wagging as in invitation to come closer, quite clueless to how alluring she actually looked.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed Valette had a little dominating of her own to do, as she refused to let this go. He was denied the honor or grooming her, but it was in favor of something much better. He chuckled as she nipped his backside, and he stood. Her tail waved in his face and he opened his jaws in a half-attempt to grab it, but he purposely failed, in lieu of needing to see just what she had in mind. 

Did she know what she was doing? What she was so openly inviting him to do? Well, they were mates, so it's not like it's wrong to do it. With a deep growl, he stepped forward, catching her gaze with his own as he nipped her backside. He wasn't sure if he just needed to proceed quickly, or if he wanted to before she changed her mind, but he raised up on his hind legs and placed his front end on her back, supporting most of his weight with his back legs. He waited then, for her reaction.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched Steady. Her words did seem to have an effect on him. She flickered her tail away just in case Steady wanted to nip it, she didn't know he was purposely going to miss it. When Steady did mount her from the right angle this time she felt her body heat up. She tried to look at him by turning her head but it was difficult. She could tell he was not putting all his weight on her, and it was rather strange moment in her life.

She gulped when he connected with her, it felt like such a smooth movement but she had never felt anything like it. She let out a whine, more in surprise than being in pain, then it would be more like a yelp like sound. She was not sure what was so great about this yet, but it seemed to be nice. "Do I need to do anything?," she asked as Steady seemed to be waiting for her. Somehow she felt very... full? She would really need to process this moment later because now it was getting hard to think.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She didn't seem to be in pain, and he shook his head side to side to her question, trying to keep himself in control. He had no idea if this ever hurt the female, and that was not what he wanted to do. But, seeing that she was okay, he began to move his hips, a growl emitting from his throat as his instinct took over, and he let himself do what came naturally. He was careful not to put too much weight onto Valette, but he did hook his forelegs around her waist. 

He felt himself swell as he reached his climax on a particularly powerful thrust, and he paused a moment before he attempted to remove himself from his new mate. However, that seemed easier said than done. Uh, he said hesitantly. I think I'm stuck. He had no idea how he was stuck, but he was definitely stuck. What the heck was he supposed to do now? He shifted a little bit in an attempt to free himself, but that was a no go, and his back legs were beginning to tire from holding his weight. Are you okay? he asked Valette, hoping the answer would be yes.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day had been following Valette's trail all day, wanting to catch up to her without running. It was too cold to do anything quickly, but he did want to report the old buck that'd died at the edges of their forest. He hadn't caught her scent around the carcass and wanted to make sure she was brief.

It seemed she was at the Stone Circle - her scent was getting much stronger, and he thought he could hear her's and Steady's voices coming from somewhere behind the stones. Day's ears flickered - I think I'm stuck, Steady said. That was definitely them.

"Hey, Val - oh," he paused as he rounded the first stone and came face-to-face with something he would rather not have seen. "Sorry," he said, turning quickly and heading back in the direction he'd come. Through the many thoughts now flickering through his mind, he remembered the words he'd caught just before arriving.

"Oh - being stuck is normal," he called over his shoulder, hoping the other male wouldn't get freaked out and start trying to get unstuck. That could be painful for both of them. Part of him wanted to go back and clarify this, but he figured they'd live through it, and that his advice was probably not wanted either way. Not right then, at least.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had it tough. She kind of wanted this to happen and also experience it but it was not really like she expected? It was not bad nor that good... yet? The movement inside of her felt weird, maybe she was just tense? She tried to relax and get more into it. In the meanwhile Steady kept on becoming... bigger? Valette was not sure about this all. Though, most people always say first time isn't the best of times. Before she got to really enjoy it Grayday showed up at this exact moment. She felt mortified and wanted to step away from Steady. However, that was not the case because Steady told her that he was stuck. She instantly tensed up. "What?!," she let out and whined.

She felt horrible. Then on top of all of that Grayday told them from over his shoulder that it was normal. "GRAYDAY GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE," she huffed, tears lining in her eyes because she mostly felt humiliated at most. Her ears fallen back. She couldn't really handle any other wolves watching and commenting on how normal it was. It should have been their private moment, and if they had been stuck so be it. But she didn't want to have anyone else see her stumble or so something wrong. She liked to do things the excellent way. Perhaps Grayday been there just struck a nerve. "No," she whispered to Steady if she was alright. It was mostly Grayday's appearance that shook her.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
As soon as he made the announcement, a figure came into the circle. Grayday was quick to make his leave, though not before calling out over his shoulder that the predicament they were in was completely normal. His ears perked when Valette cursed. Had she ever said that word before? She was clearly upset, and Steady lowered his head to nuzzle the back of her neck. 

I'm sorry, he whispered. I'm sure he didn't mean to see us, he added, hoping to calm his mate. And I'm sure he won't say anything. Grayday was honorable, and Steady didn't think for a moment that he would go about spreading gossip of the Alphas. 

After a few moments, Steady could feel himself relax and he disengaged himself from Valette, quickly going to her front to nuzzle her. She didn't seem very happy with this experience, and he hated that. I'll it up to you, I promise. He wasn't sure if that was enough to sooth her now, but it was worth a try.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had been out exploring when he heard voices not far from where he was wandering about. He blinked as he heard distressed screams and caught Valette's scent, feeling alarmed right away. The cheerful boy started to make his way towards the sounds, and he arrived what some might find to be just in time, seeing Steady and Valette standing next to each other. He blinked and frowned as he sniffed the air and looked at his parents.

"What are you doing?" he asked, a gentle curiosity in his voice that was not very pressing, as though he already knew that the answer might not be honest or something he needed to know. "It smells funny." 'Funny' was perhaps not the right word for it, but he was not sure how else to explain. He felt confused, not sure what he should do, and so he looked to his parents, hoping they could clarify on the matter.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sighed and slowly nodded towards Steady. Her anger slipping away a bit, still the female felt mortified. This was the first time she would have done anything like this. When Steady finally untied and got off her Valette felt slightly relieved. Steady came close and told her that he would make it up to her. Valette gave him a lick over his cheek. "You don't have to, Steady. It wasn't your fault. I insisted," she assured him. But she couldn't say much else because then Nikai came running in too.

Valette instantly felt flustered again. "Steady just asked if I wanted to be his mate and I said yes. Which means that your parents are officially together,' she told him with a smile, quick to jump back in mother mode. But he did smell something funny which was probably Steady's seamen. She was not going to explain that to Nikai just yet. She looked at Steady for some help.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed just as Grayday left, Nikai showed up. Though, thankfully, Valette and Steady were detached and their son probably hadn't seen them while they were intimate. However, with a keen nose, Nikai could tell there was something different in the air. Valette smoothly attempted to change the subject, and Steady went with it, smiling proudly. 

He nosed Valette's neck. Yup! We're official now! he confirmed, looking to Nikai to see how he might react to that. The pups had only known Valette and Steady together, so it might be more confusing that they weren't together before now. But, if it got the subject off the "weird smell", Steady would gladly explain something else.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
To Nikai his parents had always been a 'thing', so to say, so it confused him to hear that they were official now. But they sounded happy, so he wasn't about to crash their party by pretending like it was not a big deal. He felt the urge to be closer to Valette, but somehow that made him stay away from her instead, because he felt somehow like his feelings were inappropriate, even if he did not fully understand it all.

"Congrats," he said with a soft smile, happy that they were happy even if not much had changed for him. He wanted to ask more about the smell of things because it made him feel a lot of things that he had no shelf in his mind set up for just yet. But Nikai also sensed the adults were wary to talk about the subject and he didn't want to burden them with bringing it up again, so he said nothing, though the confused and inquisitive look on his face spoke volumes as to his desires to know.