Stone Circle Look to the future
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Pack Activity 
Mandatory pack meeting! No rounds, but please refrain from posting more than once in a 24hr period. You only need to post once for it to count. Quick post to get this started!

Steady had been elated since this morning, when Valette agreed to become his mate. He felt that, no matter what happened in the past, and who had left, they were working towards a brighter future. Standing in the middle of the stone circle, Steady raised his maw to the sky and howled for his family to come join him. The sun was setting, and it would make for a beautiful backdrop for him to break the good news.

@Valette @Grayday @Krypton @Mara Susi @Keoni @Nikai @Sunny (Dawn is PPC)
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette felt really honored that Steady wanted her. Sure she worked hard to be in a higher rank but she never expected to fall for the older male. She did however, badly so. She stood close to him, which wasn't really any difference to how close she was standing to him previous times. Valette did chime in with Steady and sneaked in another lick on his cheek, her tail carried up proudly.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She heard his call, feeling that it held a lighter message than Chaska's had before. Krypton wondered what news he could bring, therefore her curiosity made her hurry to the stone circle. As she approached, it looked like Valette was quite close with Steady, her tail almost reaching his height. Perhaps, it was her crowing of being the other alpha? Whatever the news was, it had a happy atmosphere, something Krypton enjoyed.

She made sure to come in at a low position of submission, dipping her head to the two leaders with a small smile. "Might I ask why we have gathered?" She asked them, settling near the couple.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day came as quickly as he could while shepherding Dawn along with him. Sunny was off on his own somewhere, but Day wasn't too worried about him. It was cold, but his coat was growing in nicely, and the kid had a set of lungs on him if he needed an adult. As long as he stayed in the inner parts of the territory, Day wasn't going to ask him to stop exploring. He was just glad Dawn was still willing to be Daddy's Little Girl.

"C'mon, princess, Uncle Steady's waiting for us," he urged, bemused and indulgent as he watched his daughter romp through the snow, breaking the thin layer of pristine ice that she was now too heavy to walk on top of. Luckily, she wasn't yet too heavy to carry. He scooped her up, ignoring her playful growls of protest, and carried her the rest of the way to the Stone Circle.

His eyes glimmered hopefully as he saw Steady and Valette standing so companionably close.

"I have a feeling I know," Day said with a wag of his tail, sitting down in the midst of the small gathering. Dawn immediately shot toward Krypton, greeting her excitedly before moving on to Steady and Valette. When everyone had been given nuzzles and kisses, she returned to his side and sat primly between his front legs, gazing curiously at all the faces around her.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara's ears lifted at the sudden call, and she was quick to follow it, though upon reaching the group realized she was later than the others. A slightly expression of embarrassment fell over her, she hated being late. Her eyes drifted to Krypton and then Day, which she sent a faint smile too, and then finally the two leaders, standing close beside one another. 

Her head tilted to the side, there seemed to be no sign of extreme urgency or danger, so hopefully the meeting would be light and relaxed. All that's happened so far, with the leave of Chaska, and the horrid weather, some good news would do well. She didn't speak, largely because she arrived too tardy to heard the two others comments.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Though he didn't want to stop exploring he knew a summon when he heard one. Abandoning the Bush he had been sniffing at he hurried his way in the direction of the call, spotting his dad and Dawn. He ran over to them and sat down beside Grayday touching his nose to his fathers chest in greeting.

Next he turned his attentions to Steady and Valette. Something was different about them, they seemed happier or something. Keeping silent he looked around for Keoni wondering if she would be there too.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
Quieted by the knowledge she now had, she girl arrived without her usual enthusiasm, thougha smile still lit her face as she settled near her parents. the grey form now had been given a name, and identity and a purpose, and though there was still hurt when she thought of what could have been, what was now was all she could have wished for, a daughter and a sister. a loving family, happiness and friends in the form of her packmates, and there was little more she could wish for.

and yet. she wondered what the woman would have been like. would she have been like her? what would it have been like to have not only her brother, who she loved deeply, but too a sister? and there were thoughts of the bad, thoughts that plagued her dreams for the first night of a shadowy figure, and only the knowledge that such a woman was dead and gone thanks to her father was what had her settle back into a fitful rest.

but now was not the time for such thoughts, for there was much time in which to ponder them, and this was not some of it. she tilted her head curiously as her gaze fell on her parents, wondering why such a meeting had been called.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
There was a sort of gloom hovering over the pack due to recent events, but Steady didn't want to allow it to hang around for very long. As a matter of fact, he wasn't even going to acknowledge why it was there in the first place. Instead, he wanted to focus on the happier updates. He was happy, and honored, that Valette lent her voice to the call. She maneuvered into the Alpha role seamlessly already, as if she was meant to be there the entire time. 

He leaned into her as the family gather, smiling to each one as they took their place in the circle, and nudging the pups that came up to him in greeting. Well, he began once everyone was there. It will probably come as no surprise to anyone, but Valette and I have officially become mates, and she my equal and Alpha of Easthollow. He smiled to her as he finished announcing, looking at her as if she was the only one that existed. 

But, of course, a moment later, reality would settle in, and Steady would look to the others. There was something else he needed to announce. With the promotion of Valette, leaves open the position of Beta, he said, his gaze settling on his Gamma. And, Grayday, if you'll accept, I'd be honored if you would take the position. The male had his back from day one, and Steady had no doubts he would make an excellent addition to the leadership of Easthollow.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
There she was! She looked sad though, something he wasn't quite convinced he couldn't fix. His attention was drawn away from the girl when Steady said his dad's name, offering him Beta. "woah. Dad you gotta accept it!" he gasped in awe. His daddy would be the Beta of easthollow! Even though it has nothing to do with him, his little chest puffed out and his tail sagged something fierce.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Part of him had wondered if this was coming - he'd tried to tamp such thoughts down, keep them at bay, but he still thought of it, from time to time. It still jolted him when the words came from Steady's mouth, and even now, he wondered if he was worthy of such a position... but there was really only one answer he could give.

"Of course, Steady," he replied, feeling that he was the one being honored, here. "I've always been proud to wear the Easthollow scent and name - and Silvertip, before that - " Okay, so that last part wasn't exactly true, but he thought that could be forgiven - "I will gladly serve this family however you think is best."
What's Mine is Ours
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was very happy with Steady, and it showed but the female could barely look at Grayday out of shame. She was still feeling really humiliated. It was a vulnerable moment for her to open up to Steady in such way and to have to share that moment with Grayday instead of with Steady only was still bothering her. She knew it was an accident, at least she liked to think Grayday didn't walk into them on purpose. Perhaps she was just sad that it didn't go the way she planned and that someone saw her stumble like that. She liked to do things well.

Valette just shifted close to Steady and decided to fuss over Keoni and Nikai in the meantime. So she was not deliberately avoiding all contact with Gradyday for now.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
The news brought a grin to the girl's face and set her tail wagging, happy for her family. She had always seen her parents as mates, even if it were not official, and now that it was, she was quite simply happy. She watched with keen interest as the announcments were made, her parents became the alpha pair and Gray, the Beta. Her gaze fell on those gathered, noting the odd small boy, and lingering on her parents and Grayday a moment.

She moved to meet Valette with a grin, not moving from her mother's side as she fussed over her, happy for her mother and noting with a smidge of pride that her parents were alphas. The knowledge of her true mother would remain with her always, but it was Valette and Steady who were her parents, if not by blood.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Grayday accepted and Steady beamed happily. He hadn't quite worried, but there was always a chance the former Gamma could have said no. He went to Grayday and nudged his shoulder, a brotherly-love sort of move. Steady hadn't felt this happy, this light, in a long time. But, it seemed things were coming together finally. 

He didn't have much more to say, but he was reluctant to simply let the gathering leave so quickly. They had all worked so hard, both before and since the move. It was time for a little play. Eyeing a target, Steady drove a paw through the snow, and aimed it straight at Krypton. Snowfight! he announced with a bright smile.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day was momentarily shocked by the sudden declaration of war, but that wore off as soon as the first shot landed. With a happy growl, he turned and began digging into the snow with his shovel-like paws, attempting to bury Sunny behind him.
What's Mine is Ours
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara was proud of the couple, and definately happy Steady found the right one. She smiled wide, only to gain even more joy from the fact that Day was the newly claimed Beta. She glanced at him and Sunny, she knew he'd make a good leader. Seemingly out of no where the jet Alpha announced a fight? At first she thought it would be a friendly spar but he picked up as much snow as he could and chucked it forward towards Krypton. The rules of a snowball fight were foriegn to her, and suddenly Day began digging in the snow. She was completely confused. "A what?" 

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny shrieked with laughter as several loads of snow were kicked into his face, and he scurried away from his father. He saw the confused female and went over to her " A game. You toss snow at people, in a sort of fight but without hurt. Like this!" he said and kicked a handful of snow into her face with a grin.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Grayday's crowning made her beam brightly, he deserved the title. Congrats bud, you deserve it she said to him with a large smile before letting her large plume wagging behind her. She didn't pay much attention after that, but she saw Steady do something unexpected. He dug his paw into the snow before chucking it right at her. With a large poof, it splattered all over her face sprawling on the bridge of her nose and brow. She was frozen but quickly shook off the snow as Steady declared the war. With her large paw, she dug into the snow and retuned fire, though the did it again, this time, targeting the new beta.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
Her father called for a snowfight, and though the meaning of the game soon became clear to her, another looked confused. Sunny darted to the woman, kicking snow in her face a moment later, which struck her as a rather rude way to inrtoduce someone to a snow fight. She smiled none the less, but not waiting to see what the woman would do, instead arched her paw through the snow and sent a small blizzard in the direction of Valette, a grin on her muzzle.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Most of the pack seemed to get in on the play, though some were confused on what exactly it was. He certainly hadn't started it to be rude; he thought it would be fun. Steady laughed as snow began flying through the air, and it seemed like each wolf was getting as much as they gave. 

Steady barked happily, his tail wagging as he bounded through the snow, weaving throughout his family. He paused next to Mara Susi, attempting to nudge her into play as Sunny tried to cover her in snow. It's all in good fun, he said with a smile.

529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had always seen his parents as mates, too, although the definition was still a bit fuzzy to him in the light of this announcement. Hadn't they always been mates? He looked at Keoni with a puzzled look on his face, then back at Steady and Valette. He was just happy with the news. Grayday was promoted, too, and Nikai's tail wagged for him and his children, too, happy for them.

When Steady announced a snowball fight, everyone seemed to get it, but there was one wolf who seemed confused. Nikai got up to help her, but before he could reach her Sunny already had. The explanation made him smile, though the throwing of snow in her face less so. Nikai arrived after Steady did, who was already trying to explain that it was meant to be fun. "We could team up, if you want to," Nikai suggested to her, in case she was feeling bad about being pelted by Sunny — one always stood more of a chance if they were working together.
261 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Mara was stunned by the sudden blast of cold in her face, she quickly shook off the ice left in her fur before glancing at Steady as he attempted to explain. Nikai, one of Steady's children offered to help, to which she smiled and nodded - she would definately need help in this situation. "If you don't mind," Sunny's sudden pelt of snow wasn't taken offensively, just something that caught her off guard, so in return she lowered her nosed into the snow and lifted a clump towards the cloudy yearling, a large smile on her face, before she glanced at Steady, her eyes showing a sense of question, asking if she was doing it correctly.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
With Sunny teamed up with Mara and Krypton holding her own, Day thought the only proper thing to do was target Steady, the instigator of this battle. With a loud woof, he turned his back on the alpha and began shovelling snow in his direction, hoping that others would take the cue and do the same. Whether they did or not was hard to tell - the battle raged for some time, and sides switched so often that no one could tell who won in the end.
What's Mine is Ours